SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Is the Commish smarmy! If he decides to quit SA, he has a future in used car sales.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There are so few fucks left they were nominated for endangered species status.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Of course there's no way to comment on the video at YT.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How badly do you think he wanted to say "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" at the end of his little empty apology Big Grin

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Not only will they not get one thin dime from me, the poor bell-ringer will get an explanation of why that will be impossible to misinterpret.

The bell-ringer has probably been brainwashed into a guilt-ridden whitey, already. So, it will fall on deaf ears.

Oops! I subconsciously automatically thought of a white person ringing the bell. I am therefore racist, and I do apologize.....NOT!

Not all of the bell-ringers are volunteers in the true sense of the word.

Some are doing it for community service.

http://www.use-salvationarmy.o...rviceApplication.pdf

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My nephew did community service for the SA a few years back as a driver helper. Very common. He shared some good stories about charitable home pickups and the items that drivers would keep for themselves and throw up on E-bay/Craigs list.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The call for a sincere apology from whites:

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

The Salvation Army's Alexandria-based leadership has created an "International Social Justice Commission" which has developed and released a "resource" to educate its white donors, volunteers and employees called Let's Talk about Racism. It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer "a sincere apology" to blacks for being "antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community."
Article from OP

The mea culpa:

"...and we’re not asking anyone to apologize for the color of their skin.”
"...racism is totally incompatible with Christianity.”

Sounded to me like he was trying to be all inclusive.
First he apologizes for the Salvation Army calling for “a sincere apology” from whites.
Then he admonishes white Christians for being racist.

These sort of people that play patty cake with BLM in no way believe racism can come from anyone other than whites.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bell Ringers doing it as court ordered Community Service? Well, that explains why most of the bell ringers I saw looked like derelicts and thugs. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, that makes sense. I saw an SA bell ringer just before Christmas. He was wearing a jacket- a suit jacket, with no shirt underneath it. I asked him if he wanted my apology. He just smiled and said "Hey, man, I'm just hear because..." and I couldn't hear the last part because of all the noise- bell-ringing, clashing shopping carts, kids screaming.

Yep. Well, he was polite when I was being rude, so...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And- another American institution destroyed.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What’s truly sad is that the woke crowd at SA will still make their money, salary or stipends, but the people that really needed the help will suffer, because of bullshit, liberal, woke nonsense. That is the saddest part of all of it.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
And- another American institution destroyed.
”Everything the Left touches, it ruins.” - Dennis Prager

Side note…the entire Salem Radio Network (Hewitt, Gallagher, Prager, Gorka, and Elder) used to host their Red Kettle Campaign for the SA every year during the Christmas season. I’m sure they’ve pulled in MILLION$ through the years. Not this year, though! Their charity campaign focus is now Angel Tree…helping kids who have one or both parents that are incarcerated.

Go Woke, Go Broke!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
At least the ad firmly answers siegfreund’s earlier query about the reason for their decreased receipts. They wouldn’t be putting out this spot if it were simply a COVID downturn.

No one with an IQ above room temp ever believed it was due to COVID. If it was, they would not have pulled down their manifesto from the website soon after.

This was always about their politics and the public just saying no.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

I admit that lower donations are harder to blame on the pandemic fears, but it would be interesting to know if other charities have seen lower support. If so, a couple of reasons come to mind that are indirectly related to the pandemic, but also the general state of the nation could be a factor. I read reports of increased consumer spending, and why is that? Is it as some have speculated because people have funds that they didn’t spend on things like dining out? If so, why not giving as well as spending? Then there’s the inflation. Are people concerned enough to think, “Spend it now on the things I want and need before it becomes worth less or before the things I want become unavailable,” and charities aren’t high on the list of what they’re thinking of these days?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
... it would be interesting to know if other charities have seen lower support.

I should have just researched the question myself rather than raising the question here. From the Philanthropy Network site:

“Giving USA 2021: In a year of unprecedented events and challenges, charitable giving reached a record $471.44 billion in 2020”

“‘… 2020 is the highest year of charitable giving on record,’ said Laura MacDonald, CFRE, chair of Giving USA Foundation and Principal and Founder of Benefactor Group.”

https://philanthropynetwork.or...reached-record-47144

There is less information about giving levels in 2021, but one report:

https://www.fidelitycharitable...2021-and-beyond.html

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I'm surprised that BLM and the white leftists that support them, didn't take up the slack in donations. Wink Regards 18DAI

Now THAT would be giving back.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Study after study over the years show Leftists are only generous with other peoples’ money.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post