SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Just yesterday, I decided no more $$ to the SA after all of this crap!! I sent in a Christmas contribution to St. Jude Hospital for kids. You know what?? I feel just fine with my decision.
Either St. Jude's or Ronald McDonald House.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw a bell ringer at Sam’s in Spartanburg, SC today. No one went near him and the bucket looked empty. I responded in kind when he wished me a Merry Christmas but didn’t donate. Too bad. They used to be a good organization.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the alternate Charitable Giving Suggestions.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The definition of the expression "screwed the pooch" has now been expanded to cite the SA. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So much easier to volunteer and donate locally in your own community. A few years back we adopted a 90 year man living alone whose children couldn't be bothered. Cooked meals for him, filled his oil tank, stacked wood. (yes, even at 90 he insisted on having a wood stove). He passed this year and we miss him.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
God bless you folks Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
God bless you folks Smile
. I say come to think about it looking around these days, God making dogs is probably one of the few things he got right.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Salvation Army Walks it Back
byKasey Dean
December 6, 2021

The Salvation Army found itself in the middle of a controversy heading into the Christmas season, its most profitable time of the year. Two internal documents have been released to the public that shows that the Christian Charity had embraced the racist woke agenda and was forcing it upon their employees.

The outrage over these documents swept the nation and now the Salvation Army is trying to walk back the racist rhetoric in an attempt to save itself.

https://gopnewsfeed.com/salvat...%20Walks%20it%20Back

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8355 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where's the apology? I want an apology. I don't want a carefully worded statement which is open to interpretation. I want a representative of the Salvation Army to come out and say "We apologize for our foolishness and shameful ingratitude and promise never again to spread such poison."

Say it. Don't pull any punches. Apologize and do it soon.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Explaining this situation to her, I said something very close to that to my wife last night.

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Why SA? Why? I love you guys, and so this one cuts deep.

Why did you not have courage to stand up to this nonsense? And when you are held to the fire for it, you cant even acknowledge you F'd this up?

I am sad for SA, and I hate the whole CRT/BLM crowd even more.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So they called me a racist because of a racial trait that I have no control over (which is the very definition of racism), then when bullshit was called, they stated that we were too stupid to understand their position.
Yeah, sure, I'll donate.

Any bets on whether the precipitous drop in donations will cause the 'Social Justice' cabal or whatever to lose their funding? SA can go piss up a rope.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Where's the apology? I want an apology. I don't want a carefully worded statement which is open to interpretation. I want a representative of the Salvation Army to come out and say "We apologize for our foolishness and shameful ingratitude and promise never again to spread such poison."

Say it. Don't pull any punches. Apologize and do it soon.

Exactly. In fact, instead of apologizing they claimed that it was a conspiracy against them (some groups allege) and that they had nothing to do with the documents and training that were posted on their website, endorsed by their staff. They think we are stupid. Not a dime until they do exactly what Para says above.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We received a donation request in snail mail. We donated "I'm sorry."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, nope and still nope.

Apologizing, firing those idiots responsible in a public manner... MAY be a good start.

However, if they were serious about this, the apology would have been issued somewhere very shortly after the 24th of November 25 November, there should have been a handful of people walking out of the SA office with a box in their hands headed to the unemployment office.

2 weeks later? Sounds disingenuous to me. Sounds like after 2 weeks the SA is realizing their loss in profits and going "WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING!"

They want to claim it was a Conspiracy, or some sort of Espionage against them? That's BULLSHIT! No way, no how! So not only am I a Racist, I'm also an Idiot to believe that there's some nefarious plot against the Salvation Army? Oh, that's right, the "Salvation" and the "U.S." Armys get mixed up all the time...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I want more than an apology.

I want heads to roll, starting with every moron who had anything to do with the Salvation Army becoming "woke."

Every last person. Send them "to the missions" or to the Scientologists.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
OK, then. They'll never get another cent from me.

Nor I.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
So they called me a racist because of a racial trait that I have no control over (which is the very definition of racism), then when bullshit was called, they stated that we were too stupid to understand their position.
Yeah, sure, I'll donate.

Any bets on whether the precipitous drop in donations will cause the 'Social Justice' cabal or whatever to lose their funding? SA can go piss up a rope.

Perhaps the most exasperating aspect of the SJW race hustlers is their naked hypocrisy to which they are seemingly blind.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the little red basket lasted 2 days at a Safeway here

I don't think they got a very good turnout

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Salvation Army Walks it Back
byKasey Dean
December 6, 2021

https://gopnewsfeed.com/salvat...%20Walks%20it%20Back

Recycled. Nothing new. The SA walk back for "review and clarifications" was released and posted on Thanksgiving. They haven't released anything new since. I don't expect to see any sincere apology from them. They stepped in their shit too deep now, either way they go from here will only hurt them. All this would never have happened, if they didn't let the woke SJW leftist mob infiltrate their organization in the first place. But they did, and it's game over for them.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post