SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
oddball, I checked that quote and it's unverifiable, doesn't appear to be real. I wish it were real, but it looks like it's not.

She has uttered countless idiotic statements, I figured she must have said this one. Yeah, it would have been a hoot if she truly did.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
Roberts is pissed at the left now i bet for the leak

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Some people just can't be happy. Even if they are happy.

I can be happy. When I buy a new watch. Big Grin

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
oddball, I checked that quote and it's unverifiable, doesn't appear to be real. I wish it were real, but it looks like it's not.

She has uttered countless idiotic statements, I figured she must have said this one. Yeah, it would have been a hoot if she truly did.

That's practically 'Babylon Bee' material...

You should post that in the POLITICAL MEME thread so we can all chuckle about it once again. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much this decision will effect the midterms? They keep saying the democrats will take a beating but this may have changed that thought.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Change it how?

Posts: 107584 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
I wonder how much this decision will effect the midterms? They keep saying the democrats will take a beating but this may have changed that thought.

Shapiro was talking about this today, unsurprisingly. His take was that it would not affect the congressional elections negatively, but maybe the state-level ones might suffer in some states.

He opined that this would cause the the democratic congress members to start pushing hard for a federal abortion protection and that such efforts would do more harm to their electoral performance than help as they would likely push too hard and try for too much.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
Shapiro was talking about this today, unsurprisingly. His take was that it would not affect the congressional elections negatively, but maybe the state-level ones might suffer in some states.

He opined that this would cause the the democratic congress members to start pushing hard for a federal abortion protection and that such efforts would do more harm to their electoral performance than help as they would likely push too hard and try for too much.
Speaking of Shapiro- if you want to hear why the fate of Roe v. Wade is not going to have any effect on the midterms, listen to the five minute segment of this clip, from 9:00 to 14:00.

Also, listen to Shapiro dismantle the "logic" of the left's moral relativism. Listen to the three minutes of 16:00 to 19:00.

And then, stop worrying about how the SCOTUS finally making the correct decision is going to destroy the political right's fortunes this coming November:

Seriously, if you are concerned, do yourself a favor and take the time to view those two brief segments of this video.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, yesterday, the day after the story broke and burning white hot in the media, Ohio had their primaries yesterday and Democrat turnout was 27% below that of 2018, while Republican turnout increased 28% over 2018.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...t-in-ohio-primaries/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, so far 2022 has been looking up in many ways, at least on the culture War front.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, yesterday, ....

Well, good: One hard fact. Thanks.

I fully agree that constant negativism gets old, and especially the, “Yeah, but ...,” responses to every bit of good news, but the sunshine and unicorns Pollyanna predictions that are based on nothing more than wishful thinking and no one ever comes back and says, “Yeah, I was totally wrong about that,” are their own type of tedious.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I must admit my gut instinct on this issue was to worry about the midterms too. As analysis comes in. Someone I don't remember who broke down polling on the many aspects of this issue. I do listen to Shapiro so I'm feeling much better about the midterm election.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Yeah... seems the D people arent too proud of their demented resident select and his dirty hooker sidekick...

quote:
quote:

Well, yesterday, the day after the story broke and burning white hot in the media, Ohio had their primaries yesterday and Democrat turnout was 27% below that of 2018, while Republican turnout increased 28% over 2018.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...t-in-ohio-primaries/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The vast majority of women have never and will never have an abortion. A relatively small percentage of women have abortions, and a smaller percentage have a lot of abortions. From a practical point of view, abortion is not a personal issue for most women. It is a collective issue many women are compelled to support, and in some ways an insurance policy. I've seen couples "get pregnant" and get married or at least have the child even if they don't get married. I've seen married couples have unintended pregnancies and have the child. I venture that this is what most people do.

However, abortion is kind of an insurance policy. If you happen to get pregnant and having the child would reveal a secret (an affair, for example) that would ruin your marriage, there is a way out.

But really, there are many forms of birth control, there are morning after pills. And everyone knows how women get pregnant and how to avoid it. Ounce of prevention and the entire abortion issue is irrelevant. Yes birth control methods do fail, but usually due to deliberate neglect or misuse.

My elderly mother is a Kennedy Democrat who like a zombie always votes democrat, and when I explain to her the criminal, immoral, and unconstitutional behavior of the people she helps elect, she looks horrified. But then she always says "I believe in a women's right to choose". She can't even say, right to abortion.

So called "progressives" have always been eugenicists that believe in population control by euthanasia, abortion, and infanticide. They believe in limiting the right to have children, and wring their hands about "overpopulation". In reality they have a god complex and want to decide who lives and who dies.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
All of this "my body, my choice" crap is nothing more than woman who see themselves as less than equal as the human condition.

If those affected, saw themselves equal to "men", there would be no need for such crap.

It is nothing more than an existential crisis that these women (and some men) are trying to project on people that are not affected by their insanity.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Abortion is dramatic. Inflation is insidious. Roll on the midterms.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Change it how?

I wonder if those folks on the fence who were going to vote Republican due to high crime and the inflation will be pissed over this and instead vote democrat.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did you watch the suggested segments of that Shapiro video? All of this thrashing about will change nothing.

Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you watch the suggested segments of that Shapiro video? All of this thrashing about will change nothing.

Not yet but I certainly will.