SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That doesn't make any sense.

There is no unsatisfactory outcome relating to anything that cannot be blamed on machinations of the evil leftists.

If it were discovered that a dinosaur-killer size asteroid was going to hit the Earth tomorrow, someone here would offer the explanation for why it wasn’t discovered in time to divert its path was that some “green” leftist had convinced everyone on the planet with a telescope to remain silent so that the planet could be cleansed of us horrible humans. Roll Eyes

And as a recommendation for those who worship at the alter of the infallible polygraph, look up its use in catching spies. I know of at least two who were actively spying for Communist regimes and managed to “pass” the ones they were given. So not only do they falsely accuse the innocent, they exonerate the guilty and thereby help derail efforts to catch them—something else I personally witnessed.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
That's why as a general rule, polygraph test results are inadmissible in court.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's a tradition at SCOTUS, The original Roe decision was leaked by a clerk who admitted he did it.

A few of the clerks talked to spouses, it's plausible that a spouse contacted a news agency and leaked that the decision was coming after learning about it.

Leak Link

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The full 98 page draft of the Roe vs Wade decision was leaked last May 2022.

So it was more than someone telling their spouse (although that was bad enough)

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The full 98 page draft of the Roe vs Wade decision was leaked last May 2022.

So it was more than someone telling their spouse (although that was bad enough)

That makes it a bit more egregious, one day it will come out, after they move on, need a book deal, paid to tell a story...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That doesn't make any sense.

There is no unsatisfactory outcome relating to anything that cannot be blamed on machinations of the evil leftists.

If it were discovered that a dinosaur-killer size asteroid was going to hit the Earth tomorrow, someone here would offer the explanation for why it wasn’t discovered in time to divert its path was that some “green” leftist had convinced everyone on the planet with a telescope to remain silent so that the planet could be cleansed of us horrible humans. Roll Eyes

And as a recommendation for those who worship at the alter of the infallible polygraph, look up its use in catching spies. I know of at least two who were actively spying for Communist regimes and managed to “pass” the ones they were given. So not only do they falsely accuse the innocent, they exonerate the guilty and thereby help derail efforts to catch them—something else I personally witnessed.

I didn't even go down the polygraph rabbit hole. Polygraphs, in real scientific testing, with double blinds, etc. do no better at detecting lying than any other method, and all of them more or less suck. This is why they are not admissible. Courts, for decades, have recognized that that can't be shown to work. And they don't work.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They can track down Joe and Jane Smith in East Bumfuck Idaho who were walking around the Capitol on January 6th but they just can’t by golly find who this leaker was. Roll Eyes

GTFOH

Posts: 33813 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post