SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...o-activists-n2606817

A group targeting the homes of originalist Supreme Court Justices are, according to their website, paying those who join the efforts in the form of stipends funded by an unknown source that is tied to radical leftist groups including the embattled Black Lives Matter organization.

Going by the name "Ruth Sent Us," a reference to late Supreme Court Just Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the group has been posting online looking for activists with various skills to target Justices at their homes. In a thread posted by Carrie Severino, the organization is seen seeking individuals to participate in "peaceful protests" outside the homes of current Supreme Court Justices who — according to POLITICO's reporting of the leaked draft opinion — joined Justice Alito in overturning Roe v. Wade.

the Ruth Sent Us website "links to a different organization, 'Strike for Choice,' which shows connections to groups including Black Lives Matter, Code Pink, Women's March SF, Kavanaugh Off Our Court, and Rise Up 4 Abortion Rights."

"The parallels between this planned protest and the disgusting antics we saw from left-wing dark money groups during the Kavanaugh confirmation are striking," Severino noted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

police protection for the Justices should be rock solid

The BS about "peaceful protests" is a lie. This is sheer intimidation tactics.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ If "Ruth Sent Us" is a reference to deceased Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, they need to rethink it. Justice Ginsburg was on record as stating that she thought Roe v. Wade was improperly decided and should be overturned. She was pro-choice, but did not agree with the Roe v. Wade decision.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Justice Ginsburg was on record as stating that she thought Roe v. Wade was improperly decided and should be overturned.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good crisis...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ If "Ruth Sent Us" is a reference to deceased Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, they need to rethink it. Justice Ginsburg was on record as stating that she thought Roe v. Wade was improperly decided and should be overturned. She was pro-choice, but did not agree with the Roe v. Wade decision.

flashguy

I've never heard that, but I hope it is true.

And, also, Justice Ginsburg would not approve of such things as protesting at a justice's house. Doing that in her name is misguided, even ironic.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've never heard that, but I hope it is true.

Link

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sex strike by liberal women you say....your terms are acceptable!

Joking aside, even it did happen, most men wouldn't notice because they're not getting sex on a regular basis anyways.

Also, do these witches even notice the irony of what they propose?

quote:

Liberal Women Threaten Sex Strikes to Save Roe, to No One's Dismay

If you’ve been on social media at all this week, you’ve probably been amused by some of the unhinged reactions from the left to the leaked draft majority opinion of Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. They were full of apocalyptic predictions by people who don’t understand what overturning Roe v. Wade would actually do. Be that as it may, it is widely believed that the draft opinion was leaked in order to allow for a pressure campaign to take place in the hopes that some justices could be swayed before the final opinion is released.

Some on the left have come up with creative ways they think will encourage people to save Roe v. Wade.

Earlier this week on The View, co-host Joy Behar floated the idea of a sex strike.

“Women in the world have conducted sex strikes in history,” Behar explained. “In 2003, a sex strike helped to end Liberia’s brutal civil war and the woman who started it was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In 2009, Kenyan women enforced a sex ban until police political infighting ceased. Within one week, there was a stable government.”

“We have more power than we think we do and some of it could be in the bedroom,” Behar insisted.

One of her co-hosts, Sara Haines, backed the idea, calling it “a perfect weapon and method for the topic we’re talking about.”

If liberal women want to go on a sex strike, more power to them. It may not prevent the overturning of Roe v. Wade, but it would make this country a better place. The women certainly wouldn’t be hurting anyone by abstaining. And ironically, a strike would potentially reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, thereby reducing the number of abortions.

Behar’s brilliant plan was widely mocked on social media. “I don’t think the ladies of the view participating in a ‘sex strike’ is going to have the effect that they intended. Just sayin…” tweeted Don Trump Jr.

“Joy Behar says she’s going on a sex strike,” noted Fox Nation host Jimmy Failla. “And here I was thinking she wanted to punish men.”

“A sex strike by Democrat women would end the need for abortions,” observed cartoonist Scott Adams. “Everyone wins.”

Good luck to Joy Behar and all the other liberal women on their sex strike! May it last a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-p...ones-dismay-n1595413

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
looking for activists with various skills to target Justices at their homes

If there were a group I wouldn't want to torque off, it would be a group who could say, if they chose, something like....

"If something just awful were to happen to the guys hassling us....

and if the people who allegedly did that 'something awful' to the activists were to be caught, tried and found guilty....

and if that guilty verdict were to be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.....

it would be very likely for the Supreme Court to accept the case and reverse the verdict."

Not that they would say anything of the sort, but they could. Wink

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

#MeToo

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Meme should have said, No one is stopping you from aborting yourself right now. Fucking waste of oxygen. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26399 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sex strike by liberal women you say....your terms are acceptable!

Joking aside, even it did happen, most men wouldn't notice because they're not getting sex on a regular basis anyways.

Also, do these witches even notice the irony of what they propose?

Sex for hire bidness is gonna be humping...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All that flannel, left unrumpled...

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:Meme should have said...
Fair, but that's my actual opinion on the subject, sooo...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
No one is stopping you from aborting yourself right now.

But certain religious beliefs may.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sweet fancy Moses Eek

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Meme should have said, No one is stopping you from aborting yourself right now. Fucking waste of oxygen. Roll Eyes

The chants of “Abortions save lives”…
Hell is too good for these assholes.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:

Sweet fancy Moses Eek

Now that I have had a moment to process this. The question arises: if she has that much self loathing rattling around in her empty brain pan, what would she be willing to do in the sack?

A bug out bag, plan, and get away driver would be a given of course.

Good grief, these people don't think 30 seconds ahead........

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
quote:

Sweet fancy Moses Eek

Poster child for “Retroactive Abortion.”

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows that the Democrats are headed for one of the most disastrous defeats ever. I have been sure that, devious as they are, they would put together some scheme to avoid that, or turn it around.

They suck at absolutely everything except one thing: lying. They are clever liars, and therefore good propagandists. I've been waiting to see what they were going to come up with.

Biden recently tipped their hand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK5VgoCrGmo

You think: Whaaaaat??

But they are going to beat that horse even after it is dead. If MAGA-- essentially the Republican Party-- take over in the midterms, see what they did with Roe v Wade? It is just the beginning. They will put together videos of 15 year old girls crying as they approach seedy houses for backstreet abortions, gay men and lesbians being abused, beaten, intercut with violent Jan 6 footage, etc.

They will also organise "protests' just as they did last summer. America is being taken over by religious bigots, by totalitarians, sexists, racists, homophobes!!

I could be wrong about any or all of this, but for sure they will try something, and being who they are it will be built on deception, lies. And, given the complicity of the "media" it will be on a grand scale and relentless.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justjoe,

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Everyone knows that the Democrats are headed for one of the most disastrous defeats ever. I have been sure that, devious as they are, they would put together some scheme to avoid that, or turn it around.

They suck at absolutely everything except one thing: lying. They are clever liars, and therefore good propagandists. I've been waiting to see what they were going to come up with.

Biden recently tipped their hand. I have tried to find this little clip on Youtube, but can't find it. However, it is featured on Joe Rogan's podcast, if you go to the 25 min mark. There the bumbler-in-chief refers to Roe v. Wade being overturned, then asks: What next? Will they forbid LGBTQ kids from attending regular schools? And from there he says that MAGA is the most radical, dangerous group in America. https://open.spotify.com/episo...3Zs8j1Vpz0Bey8JvnXcp

You think: Whaaaaat??

But they are going to beat that horse even after it is dead. If MAGA-- essentially the Republican Party-- take over in the midterms, see what they did with Roe v Wade? It is just the beginning. They will put together videos of 15 year old girls crying as they approach seedy houses for backstreet abortions, gay men and lesbians being abused, beaten, intercut with violent Jan 6 footage, etc.

They will also organise "protests' just as they did last summer. America is being taken over by religious bigots, by totalitarians, sexists, racists, homophobes!!

I could be wrong about any or all of this, but for sure they will try something, and being who they are it will be built on deception, lies. And, given the complicity of the "media" it will be on a grand scale and relentless.

But that is illegal.

If one was to "abort" that shit stain they would be arrested and executed.