SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITICO Exclusive: Supreme Court Has Voted to Overturn Abortion Rights, Draft Opinion Shows Login/Join 
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
I wonder if "Miss I wish I were Aborted" even know what abortion really is. Same with those dingbats chanting "Abortions save lives..."

Before you dismiss what I just said out of hand remember most of these retarded children communicate in 140 characters and emojis, and think its just great that there's finally going to be 'menstrual equity' by putting Tampax machines in Men's Rooms.

These are barely formed people, children in adult bodies, with the barely formed and disjointed thoughts of children. They get their Headlines from Instagram and their critical subject matter analysis from Twitter.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
And they have no idea how our government is set up to function, or its history--in fact, if it happened more than a week ago they don't know about it. A lot of them can barely read and may not be able to do 3rd-grade arithmetic.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have speculated earlier in this thread that I just can't see a Roberts court overturning Roe.

https://www.scotusblog.com/202...might-have-happened/

"Here is what you would conclude is the state of play if you took all the leaks as both accurate and pretty complete (assumptions that, admittedly, are by no means certain). Alito’s opinion probably has been joined by Thomas and Gorsuch. Kavanaugh and Barrett have yet to join – most likely because they are waiting to consider an alternative opinion from the chief justice."

The pod Advisory Opinions with Sarah Isgur and David French speculated that the 5 to 3 vote was likely a Conference vote taken right after oral arguments concluded on the merits of the Mississippi case. They also speculate that the Alito opinion isn't the only one kicking around.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I have speculated earlier in this thread that I just can't see a Roberts court overturning Roe.

https://www.scotusblog.com/202...might-have-happened/

"Here is what you would conclude is the state of play if you took all the leaks as both accurate and pretty complete (assumptions that, admittedly, are by no means certain). Alito’s opinion probably has been joined by Thomas and Gorsuch. Kavanaugh and Barrett have yet to join – most likely because they are waiting to consider an alternative opinion from the chief justice."

The pod Advisory Opinions with Sarah Isgur and David French speculated that the 5 to 3 vote was likely a Conference vote taken right after oral arguments concluded on the merits of the Mississippi case. They also speculate that the Alito opinion isn't the only one kicking around.
Though I don't necessarily disagree with what you shared, I think it unlikely we'd have had a SCOTUS leak if Alito's opinion wasn't at least viewed by those on the inside as highly possible. Too big a risk in releasing this leak if the case was still up in the air as to a final decision.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can stop speculating and wait for the final decision. Roberts is not happy and is saying this stunt will not affect their decision.

Hopefully he "gets it" now. There is no rational discussion or compromise with the woke mob.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
We can stop speculating and wait for the final decision. Robert is not happy and is saying this stunt will not affect their decision.

Hopefully he "gets it" now. There is no rational discussion or compromise with the woke mob.
I will believe nothing that Roberts says on any topic. The man is no longer credible.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If the Democrats are planning something like what I said above, it would be the memory of Roberts' behaviour on Obamacare that encourages them.

I was on my way to a range when I heard the news about Obamacare. I almost drove off the road. Traitorous Roberts bent himself into a legal pretzel to find a way to support!

Because he was afraid that he and his court would be labeled "racists" for opposing Obama.

So I agree with bigdeal, trust absolutely nothing he says on any topic. The only response he deserves is suspicion.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm for making abortion retroactive.

Who's with me?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Though I don't necessarily disagree with what you shared, I think it unlikely we'd have had a SCOTUS leak if Alito's opinion wasn't at least viewed by those on the inside as highly possible. Too big a risk in releasing this leak if the case was still up in the air as to a final decision.

Perhaps it was 4-4 with a justice leaning to, but not convinced to affirm. This leak would be a way to sway them back.

Ain't speculation fun? Smile

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Jerry Rivers has built a career on virtue signaling. It’s the only way he can probably get a girl is to pretend he shares the same brain. Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Maybe you will get it.

The Supremes don't care what any mob thinks. They aren't in the responds-to-mobs business. They do what they do for their own reasons. Their decisions have political effects, but they are not in the business of playing in politics.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^John Roberts... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Maybe you will get it.

The Supremes don't care what any mob thinks.

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

^^^^^ x2 Exactly. Frown

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I'm for making abortion retroactive.

Who's with me?

A late friend jokingly (I think) posited that abortion should be legal until 18 years of age. Sort of along the lines of the Cosby bit about “I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it.” Of course, this was before Cosby’s unsavory activities were known publicly.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
If the Democrats are planning something like what I said above, it would be the memory of Roberts' behaviour on Obamacare that encourages them.

I was on my way to a range when I heard the news about Obamacare. I almost drove off the road. Traitorous Roberts bent himself into a legal pretzel to find a way to support!

So I agree with bigdeal, trust absolutely nothing he says on any topic. The only response he deserves is suspicion.

I agree with the above, despite a different reasoning. I believe Roberts has been bought, or has been leveraged by a past act which continues to haunt him.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if Epstein’s name came up in relation to John Roberts.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Maybe you will get it.
The Supremes don't care what any mob thinks.

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

For the most part, jhe888 is correct.
That's why they have a lifetime appointment. They don't have to care about political concerns.
But... John Roberts certainly does seem to care what people think of him and the Court.

^^^^^ x2 Exactly. Frown

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Doocy: "These activists posted a map with the home addresses of the Supreme Court justices. Is that the sort of thing this President wants?"

Psaki: "I think the President's view is that there is a lot of passion."

video at:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1522344086497370112

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Wonder how passionate everybody be when they surround her house?

~Robert A. Heinlein