SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Super Sunday, so breaking into a Super Cigar. An Opus Angel's Share.

Ya know the Snickers commercial how the person gets a happy personality after biting into the bar? That's the effect this stick had on me after my first retrohale!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Super Sunday, so breaking into a Super Cigar. An Opus Angel's Share.

Ya know the Snickers commercial how the person gets a happy personality after biting into the bar? That's the effect this stick had on me after my first retrohale!

I was going to smoke either the perfection x or a shark tonight, but since I'm on bbq duty atm I am enjoying a cle Connecticut 11/16? Weird size, more mild than the robusto size I tried in the past. Maybe at halftime ill light up a Fuente.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, That 11/18 size in the Cuarenta is a great smoke. I have not had the Connecticut though.

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
2nd stick of the evening-
Padron Hammer. Now if Brady would get his shit together and throw a TD it would be a near perfect night.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Decided to light up my Perfection X. I agree that Brady needs to get his shit together.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Jay, That 11/18 size in the Cuarenta is a great smoke. I have not had the Connecticut though.

The first part of the Connecticut is way too mild for that size. Almost no flavor for the first inch. Once it got to the fatter part some spice flavors started to come in. It finished strong, with mild pepper/spice and creamy coffee flavors.

This perfection x is starting off great! First inch has lots of spice, a bit of pepper and leather. One thing that stands out is how incredibly smooth it is, there is also a different flavor, one I am not familiar with and cant place. It is really good though.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The perfection x is an amazing smoke. With 3 distinct flavor transitions. The first third went how I described above, the second transition the pepper intensified with Some unique leather coming through. The last part was a black pepper bomb with a cinnamon? Type of sweet spice finish. There was also hints of the Perdomo Criollo flavor throughout. I will buy more of these when I can totally worth it.

Ronin, how was the hammer? I've been eyeballing the 5 pack of those.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Observation -

I needed to come back to this thread for a while and just "zone out". It has been enjoyable clicking through 63 pages of sharing, friendship, and calmness.

I know sports is a passion for folks, but my god. Name calling between forum members over a silly football game. You'd have thought someone had said Tatuaja were a better stick than Liga's or something! Wink

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Lmao, depends on what Liga your talking about.

posted Hide Post
There ya go stirring the pot! But everyone knows that Pepin is better than the rest!!

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ronin, how was the hammer? I've been eyeballing the 5 pack of those.

This thing was no joke! Snip just the smallest portion possible off, the draw was incredibly soft. It took me a while to get the retrohale down, I really screwed up the first few times and I can only describe it as trying to snort pepper.

Once I got things under control it was an amazing smoke. It's burn was slow and very even. I left it a few times and never had to relight - It's not a large cigar by any means, but it lasted the better part of the 2nd quarter and nearly the end of the game. Don't smoke this sucker on an empty stomach, but I highly recommend. It has been a while since I have taken a cigar down to the last 3/4 of an inch or so.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Awesome, just called serious and placed an order for the 5 pack. Having another Ruination today, these get better and better.

posted Hide Post
Yes Jay, they do get better...more so with a little age too. I think Man O War may be becoming a new favorite of mine. The Virtue was great, not only from a review by me but others, the Ruination is a great strong smoke, and now I'm onto the Side Projects. I have heard the OCC by them is nothing special and not worth the price though.

posted Hide Post
Today I smoked a La Gloria Cubana Serie N Generoso (5.75x49) while cleaning up the slop we got before it freezes solid tonight. These have been sitting for a month in my humidor and are getting even better. I know some like the Serie R more, but these are still quite good. More cocoa and coffee than the R, but this is what I like.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
We started with a JDN Antono. It never disappoints. Leather, pepper and spice. Our second cigar was a R&J 1875 Bully. I don't know if the White Russians caught up with me or what, but when I was done my head was swimming... Overall, they both were great cigars to go with a great game.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Had a montecristo #4 last night it was four years old and it was really tasty.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying a cuban Saint Luis Rey Regio from a 2008 cabinet of 50 that is sadly almost empty.

It's 23 degrees but I'm very comfortable under my radiant heat lamp and a few layers of fleece.

My wife thinks I'm nuts. She may be right but this is my favorite part of the day. It's quiet, the fresh mountain air is crispy, it's peaceful, the phones aren't ringing and I'm not dealing with customers.

Have a good night all.

Posts: 12950 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the peace and quiet and that cigar!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thats the best way to enjoy them.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Left work early due to it being cold and rainy, which means it was slow as hell. I decided to head to the lounge and brought along a UF-13, and a Perdomo2(squared) I got a 5 pack on special from famous smoke along with a 5 pack of Perdomos I've never seen, they are called Cuban parejos, ill try one this weekend.

The uf-13 is fantastic as always, ill give the Perdomo2 (ill just call it a P2) a full review later but wanted to mention that it looks like it has some age on it. Alot of age actually, the plastic wrappers are all stained yellow while the folded part of the wrappers are clear. I hope they are still good all the reviews I've read said these are better with 3-6 months of age on them.