SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Stopped up to the B&M today and took some pics of the 50th Anniversary Humidor. The humidor without the sticks is HEAVY!

(the line running across the middle photo is glass from the case it is sitting in)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Lmao. I know the feeling. The temptation is getting stronger. Might have to consider it a bucket list item.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Stopped up to the B&M today and took some pics of the 50th Anniversary Humidor. The humidor without the sticks is HEAVY!

(the line running across the middle photo is glass from the case it is sitting in)

Oh my, that is purdy...
Smoked a La Aroura barrel aged, and a CAO LX2. I couldn't keep the Barrel aged lit, and the smoke suffered from it. The CAO was good. Once lit, it stayed light. Nice notes of spice and nuts.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Trying a Man o war ruination. So far its pretty tasty.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
About halfway into the robusto #1 (6x52) the first part was all pepper and leather. Both flavors have calmed a bit with some floral and sweet flavors making their way in. It has a strong cedar finish.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The ruination finished with a heavy pepper and leather flavor, with a smooth creamy finish. I'm typically not a fan of the leathery flavors but this one blended well. I picked up 10 of these and have more testing to do but so far they are worth it. I give it an 83.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
These are smoking awesome right now. Wasn't overly impressed when I first got these. This is the first I've had in a long time.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4797 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Serious has uf13 boxes in stock. Just picked up another one.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Stopped into the B&M this morning and found "this" tucked anonymously into my locker!

Starting out to be a good morning!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
You will like the series A! It was a good smoke. Not as full flavored as I like but still good.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yeah that was a cool surprise! I thought I had one locked up a few weeks ago and it fell through. Opened up the locker this morning, and there it was...fun to share the picture!

Update on the Padron 50th...the humidor pic I posted on the prior page is sold. (with the 50 sticks). The B&M is getting another humidor in next week...25 natural, 25 maduro. Owner promised me two...they are trying to determine what to price them at individually. I am very anxous to post a pic of those when I get them!

This morning I am smoking a Punch JG - It is a box pressed torpedo - heavy smoke, and a well constructed. Ash is nearly an inch and not near dropping.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well let me know on the price. Next time I see Ron here ill see if he'll give me a 2fer deal. Like maybe 2 for 150$

posted Hide Post
I went to CI last night as I needed a cigar to try and unwind a bit. My lower back, more so my hip, has been killing me lately and just needed to relax. I took along a Man O' War Side Project Phalanx and the Tatuaje Havana (red label) from Ronin. I bought some cigars too, but more on that later!

I wanted to start off with the Tat first so my palate was clean as I have never had this cigar before. I'll tell you what, this was a good stick. It had little hints throughout the entire thing of pepper, coffee and earthy flavors.

I then lit up the Man O' War. The Phalanx is a fairly large cigar, too long in fact. While it is a good cigar, I was getting bored with it. It had the usual coffee, cocoa flavors but I also picked up cinnamon in it too. But, the flavors were mostly in the first half of the cigar. After that it mellowed out to a decent tobacco flavor that was at times smooth and other times dry. It was about two inches too long. Still, not a bad cigar by any means but I wish there was one last transition in that final half. I still have two more to compare this one to.

Now on to the goodies that rode home with me. I was out of a few different cigars that I enjoy on a normal rotation, so I got one of each. First, an Oliva V nub, damn good smoke at $10 each is a little high priced, but worth it. Second, a My Father le Bijiou petite robusto, this is my favorite size in this line. I have tried most of the other sizes and this one blends quite well for me. At $7 each is a wonderful value in my book. Next up, a CAO Flathead Camshaft. These are $7.25 of pure awesomeness! Very full bodied with great flavor to boot. Between this and the Sparkplug is a tough choice to make. I went with the Camshaft over the Sparkplug for the main reason of the size, I wanted a little more smoke time. Another fine cigar, the La Antiguedad, found it's way into my hands while I was there. I don't know what it is particularly with this cigar, but it always is a pleasurable cigar to enjoy. Aging helps these even more, so this one will sit for a few months before I smoke it. Lastly for the "restocking" purpose is a CI Blend Lab YH-456. I have said lots of things about this cigar in the past that I won't bore you with them again. BUT, I highly recommend this one!!

Now onto two others that are new to me. The Viaje Stuffed Turkey White Meat. This years release of this limited cigar. I have not had any of the previous releases, but this was recommended by one of the staff at CI to try.
Next up is, on recommendations from here, a Perdomo Double aged 12 year vintage maduro. I know I have seen the Connecticut and the Sun Grown on here a couple of times, so I figured I would try the maddie. I'll let everyone know how this is when I smoke it.
Lastly, a new release Diesel Wicked was handed to me by a good friend. These are quite wicked to say the least, full bodied and full of flavor. Over all, a good night last night of restocking the humi!

Jay, the Ruination is a damn good stick. I picked up a box of them for $80 and change just before Christmas at CI. These are smoked on a regular basis now when I want something full bodied. Also, last night I noticed CI has numerous boxes of UF-40 darks and L40's up there if you can find a discount code somewhere, it may be worth it.

Goat, CI has a Padron humidor up there too. $2400 for the humi and $100 per cigar. Only a manager can open the humidor up and anything that gets damaged is paid for on the spot! They have a list of "rules" sitting next to it as well. All humidors and cigars need to be purchased in order was one of them.

Ronin, Enjoy that "A" and try to be certain you have a clean palate going into it. Look for the cherries!

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The 12 year vintage maduro is one of my favorites, you will enjoy that one. I got home and now my new humidor is full, so I did some reorganizing and I am using my old one for long term aging and the new one has more room, for the smokes I ordered last week that will be here Monday. I think I'm done buying for a few weeks. The padron 50th is calling me. I will try the family reserve 50 then probably go for the 50 in a couple weeks. Even if its just 1. It will settle my CAD (cigar acquisition disorder) lmao.

posted Hide Post
LOL! I see a coolidor in some ones near future! I try to stay away from the cigar websites for fear of finding that ultimate deal and not have the room for them. My humidor is getting very full at 165 in there at the moment. It is only a 300 count, but that is based on corona size or what ever they guage humidor size on. My cigars are far from corona sized. I did see a "toy box" up there last night too. This thing was 3' long by 2' wide by 2' deep, handles on the sides and castor wheels on the bottom. I did not see a price and I didn't ask either, as a coolidor will do the same thing at a fraction of the cost I am certain.

Found it http://www.cigarsinternational...de-humidor/#p-161622

Posts: 3683 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Celebrating my box find with a UF-13 lol. These sticks are amazing.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Petr. While that monstrous humidor looks awesome,for not much more Cuban crafters has some that are actual pieces of furniture. Endtable, nightstand, China cabinet etc and theirs all come with an automatic (electrical) humidity system, just add water every 2 weeks. They come highly recommended by Ron at serious. They built his giant in store humidors (3 locations, and their warehouse humidor. I cant even imagine how big that is.) He also claims that is what he has in his house.

For now though, ill just smoke more lol. I have about 90 smokes and room for 40 maybe 50 more.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Viaje Reserva tonight. Nice burn, full flavor at the halfway point. Smoke is heavy from this stick. Probably be a good one for around the bonfire pit.

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I would love to have a "china" cabinet humidor, they are a little out of range right now. The cooler would fit the budget but space is an issue around here.

Brad, I have had luck with Viaje while others have not with burn issues and getting frustrated with relighting and touch ups.

I was out filling the bird feeders and other odds and ends around here and smoked a Man O War side project 52-C. These are chisel tipped and at first I cut too little off. I had tar coming out of it within 5 minutes of lighting it. I cut more off and the draw opened up with no more tar. It was a good full bodied smoke that could have lasted a little bit longer than it did. Though, I was done with what I was doing outside, it isn't that cold out and actually sat on the deck to finish it.