SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am not sure where you should start with the ones you have. I have not had that many of them myself and not sure which way to guide you. I will tell you this though, the Destino Siglo that you have in there, I would save for last. But that is just me personally as I have had one this year and it was fantastic.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Here is one for you... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-4...%26sd%3D311264252079

New this would have been around $15,000

This just goes to show how birds of a feather flock together... I have more hours logged on a 446 than you can imagine.. I grew up (about 7 miles from Winneconne) on a 5 acre farmette (had access to 35 more acres that backed up to about to about 4,000 acres of public land). We had a Case 448 (dad still uses it to blow snow) that we did everything from mow the lawn (48" belly deck), to tilling the garden (we had about a 1/4 acre garden). I don't know what year it is, but he picked it up in 1989ish. Dad's tractor is in need of an overhaul, but it's still going strong. The stories I could tell...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Browsing club humidor at the Menger hotel in San Antonio. Found 2 Anejos in their humidor and enjoying this Verite. It started off spicy as hell, real tasty. The spice has weakened a bit but still present, heavy cedar and leather.

The humidor in the Menger hotel had some sweet sticks when I was there in April. However, the guy working the desk was a pretty bid dick and was incredibly snobbish!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL! Same here Goat! I grew up on a 446 and the love has continued to a 224 and now a 226. I can't see myself having anything else, especially the junk that is out there now. Pressed mower decks that you can't even stand on with out it bending!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm having a Crowned Heads Mason Dixon project South. Really good lots of spice medium plus body.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crowned heads makes some decent cigars for reasonable prices. How was the rest of it?

Looks like I will have plenty of snow to play in...'er...smoke cigars while cleaning up. From tonight until Tuesday I'll be looking at 6-16" maybe more!. I gotta make doubly sure everything is in order here today, pretty sure it is but I'm anal like that.

Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Yesterday while clearing the six inches of snow from my driveway and my sidewalk (using a machine), plus clearing the sidewalks of my adjoining neighbors (and driveway apron of one), a Rocky Patel fumas I just got from CI in a bundle assortment of four styles, succeeded in successfully kicking my ass. Nicotine poisoning. Got pale, nauseous, and the fix is to eat something sweet immediately (try it, it helps). Sat me back for almost an hour before I could return outside to get the snow off the cars in the driveway. Red triangular band, I forget the frontmark. Wife called me a wussy.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I am not sure where you should start with the ones you have. I have not had that many of them myself and not sure which way to guide you. I will tell you this though, the Destino Siglo that you have in there, I would save for last. But that is just me personally as I have had one this year and it was fantastic.

I totally agree. The Don Arturo Gran AniverXario Destino should be saved for a very special occasion. Maybe start off with the Angel's Share.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I see no bad choices in that opus sampler. Close your eyes and pick one.

Petr the crowned Heads was good it was spicy not as complex as other crowned Heads I've had like Headly Grange and Las Calaveras but I will pick up a few more. The version released in the north is a maduro so not sure how the wrapper difference would affect the flavors.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NMPinNYC, LOL! I've been there a few times, feel awful. Mostly, when I have been hungry though.

Gator, Good to know, I'll have to look into it.

posted Hide Post
Ronin, I have not had any luck locating a "kitty" juice. I know a guy that can usually get anything and everything. Either he has not found any or he's hoarding them!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr: They are the Grey Ghost. Not enough available to hoard, so I'm not surprised he's struck out. Even my guy who tracked me down a Liga A told me I have zero shot of finding one. ...Sigh...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I needed to button some things up before the big storm hits Monday/Tuesday, so I smoked a Camacho SLR maduro perfecto #1. Great smoke but was not quite long enough. I had a little bit more work than the length of cigar I chose. I should have gone with the toro size I have. Tomorrow is another day!

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Down in Colorado Springs for the birth of our first grandchild (it's a girl!). Went to the local smoke shop for a celebratory smoke with my SIL and enjoyed my first Liga Privada #9 in the company of a great bunch of retired military. Great smoke, great bunch of men, great reason to celebrate.

Posts: 13387 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Grandpa!!

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Morning Gents, Congrats Grandpa!! A liga 9 is a great way to celebrate.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The B&M opened a box of these last week, any thoughts? Experiences? I think they are 25$ a pop. I have not had an Altadis cigar worth its cost yet so I am really Skeptical.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/M..._Cigars_9295_details

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In all honesty, I do not think they will be worth the price. Have you ever had a Monte that was worth the price? Well, a #2, but that can be hit or miss as was discussed earlier. When you get into that price range, they better blow your socks off! The Pepin 10th anniversary came damn close to doing just that at a little over $20 each. Was it worth $20? To me, maybe, but there are other sticks that come close and are much cheaper. Personal opinions vary on what is good and what is priced right. That being said, even if it is good, there are only going to be 25,000 sticks made. Worth the chase, smoke it up, or try to resell later when they are gone.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey J,

I can think of a lot of other sticks I'd spend $20 on. In regards to Monte, meh? About the only one that I find consistently good are the Monte' whites.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I smoked the red label Tatuaje you sent me yesterday while fishing. It was a nice little smoke. The wind was howling in my face (I was facing downriver) so it was a quick smoke and I ate a lot of it, but still enjoyed it.

Just found out this morning I got a nice little raise so I'll smoke the Jekyll in celebration sometime this week. Cheers!

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10521 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post