SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ahhh!! Finally, I get to enjoy some cigars! I started with a cigars.com Purple Label that was sent to me by a generous friend. Decent flavors in a decent price point. I am now smoking a CLE Cuarenta. So far this is a fabulous smoke that I got for $4 in a variety pack. All this and a Shiner Cheer to drink. A good night so far!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, let me know if that Ratzilla is the UF13 in disguise. They look very similar in size, color, and the pig tail.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Ronin, let me know if that Ratzilla is the UF13 in disguise. They look very similar in size, color, and the pig tail.

It would not be the worst thing in the world, I really enjoy a UF13 when I can get my hands on one.

Here is a great article on the Ratzilla, along with a review of the last batch. If you don't follow halfwheel, I highly recommend. They send out a daily blog if interested.

http://halfwheel.com/liga-priv...omat-retailers/73637

http://halfwheel.com/review-li...lla-prerelease/28214

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I read halfwheel.com and their reviews are pretty spot on, especially on the lesser well know brands. But I have to say Charlie is a total tool when he posts a tasting that a cigar tastes like chicken skin or chartreuse he comes across like a pompous ass.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24290 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

What did you think of the Centurion? I really enjoy smoking those double perfectos (my favorite being the Tatuaje Miami 10th anniversary).

Going back into the archives, I see that I smoked one of these Gurkas, but for whatever reason did not enter any notes. These are a pricier smoke, in excess of $12/stick on C.I.

How was it?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Had a Rock Patel Vintage 1992 robusto yesterday while blowing leaves. Smoked it down to the point I couldn't hold it anymore.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it warmed up a bit here and I was able to work out in the garage today, I lit up a Comacho Havana. As it was about 10AM I didn't want anything too powerful. Unfortunately, one thing led to another and that was all I was able to smoke today. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer so we shall see what's in store for then.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Petr the Cle Connecticut was awesome started off kind of spicy and one dimensional but the last half had this mix of spice and sweetness that was amazing. Specs had a holiday box of glenlivet 12yr that comes with 2 sample bottles of the 15yr and 18 year 40$ so tonight its a glass of 12 year and a latitude zero. The b&m made me a deal on 4 sticks I couldn't pass up. So Thursday ill have the 15year and a montecristo espada or a Perdomo 20th anniversary maduro to choose from. Also grabbed a few Nick's sticks maduro. Ill review all of these when I can.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I'm going to have a Caldwell 'Long Live The King' I also found a bottle of Van Winkle 12 yr sitting on a shelf today.

Where in the hell did you find the pappy? I'm jealous now. That stuff got crazy popular a few years back and now its ridiculous. I used to see it everywhere.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eiroa can definitely roll a good cigar. That CLE I had the other night was fantastic. Very smooth and creamy smoke with very subdued flavores. Nothing really stood out on my palate but they all combined very well. I will be looking for more.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I went in for a bourbon like four roses single barrel or something similar and it was on the shelf.

The Caldwell long live the king was outstanding I normally don't smoke Dominican cigars. I usually prefer Nicaraguan the full bodied cigars with spice. But that Caldwell is as good as anything coming out of Esteli right now.

Also it has the coolest band I've seen in a long time.

This boutique as well as the Rodrigo la fortaleza I had last week are both really good Dominicans

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ill have to try a Caldwell. The Cle had a very distinct sweet flavor that mixed with the spice just right. Ill be sure to order a bundle/box when they go on sale. The Latitude zero was great. I cant remember if I posted a review here before. They are made by Oliva, lots of spice and leather. I always smoke them down to the nub. Good enough for 2 in a row if I had the time.

posted Hide Post
With the temperature hitting 70 today and snow coming on Wednesday (possibility of 6-10"), I had to take advantage of it. I'm smoking an Opus X "XXX" that my brother got me for my birthday.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

What did you think of the Centurion? I really enjoy smoking those double perfectos (my favorite being the Tatuaje Miami 10th anniversary).

Going back into the archives, I see that I smoked one of these Gurkas, but for whatever reason did not enter any notes. These are a pricier smoke, in excess of $12/stick on C.I.

How was it?

It was a good smoke, a little tight initially so I had to clip off a bit more than normal to allow it to draw, all in all a nice smoke, Got it with a half dozen other Gurkhas in a deal from CI...

Posts: 24290 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Last burn before the snow hits. Enjoying a My Father Connecticut. Damn what a fine cigar.

Posts: 13836 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So I got my hands on a few Padron 50th Anniversary smokes today. I likely won't smoke em' til spring so that I can sit outside and really enjoy. Just wanted to post here because I am excited to get some and wanted to share the pic and review.

http://www.thecigarnut.com/cig...mily-reserve-maduro/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Nice sticks! With the holidays coming up, I am watching what I spend on sticks. I have a few I have got my eyes on though for Christmas money spending!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Very nice, what size are those?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Very nice, what size are those?

Thank you!

5×54 (Box Pressed Robusto)

I will likely break down this weekend and enjoy one, no way I'll be able to wait until spring.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ