SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
No issues at all. I did pick up some of the flavors you did. I was cutting down a crepe Myrtle tree and then smoking some chicken breasts and cleaning up the back yard so I wasn't sitting and picking out flavors. These are in my top 5 for sure and I haven't had a bad one yet. Burn was super consistent with it almost going out a couple times cause I set it down.

I'm glad your experiences have been better than the rather bland experience I had. I'm hoping, and it sounds like mine was an anomaly..

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Mine did have a nice pepper spice to it about halfway through and I didn't have any tar troubles. Maybe it was too fresh/moist? I have gotten in the habit of dry boxing my smokes since the subject came up a while back and it seems to make them more flavorful. A day or 2 in a dry or lower humidity box. I use either my travel humidor or the Cedar lined leather case that holds 3 smokes. I don't put any humidity packs in either 1.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
An embarrassment of riches showed up in my mailbox today.

I ended up getting 15 of the Drew Estate UF-13s in the deal that Ronin1069 put together.

He included the random 4000th post Karma as well.

Wow!

Thanks Ronin!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I was walking around Austin smoking one of these

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I know someone who hit up the Bobalu store on 6th Street!

I was in Austin last night but came home today. It was cooler today - actually pleasant to walk around!

BTW you can smoke cigars out on the back patio of the Ginger Man on 3rd and Lavaca.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
MD Thanks so much received the punch, it's very cool, now to give it a try this evening!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Glad you like it. I was shooting to get more made this weekend, but I've got to fly out on Sunday this week so I probably won't get them out.

I don't know if anyone buys into the whole "Karma" thing, but I will tell you about a rather strange coincidence. I sent out about 80 of the .223 punches and maybe a dozen of the 10mm punches. Didn't ask anything for them and certainly didn't expect anything for them.

On Monday my wife had to evacuate our house due to an extreme wild fire danger. The entire neighborhood easily could have been lost... Not to discredit in any way the outstanding job the firefighters did in protecting and saving the houses (only a few outbuildings, and RV, and a few vehicles were lost) but it was really one of those situations where they "shouldn't" have been able to save everything. All of the conditions were just right for a major catastrophe... But they were able to get the blaze under control and save nearly everything.

A huge coincidence? Probably. But things like that always make you wonder... The same day you do a random act of kindness for many complete strangers, something like that happens.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
I know someone who hit up the Bobalu store on 6th Street!

It was pretty good! I don't usually smoke Sumatra wrapped cigars, and I think that was the only thing I didn't like about it - the wrapper was a little dry and thin. Very good flavors, though.

I'm working out in Johnson City till Thursday night, and staying in Marble Falls. Hopefully I can make it down into Austin again tonight.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Nice. The previously mentioned Ginger Man has a great beer selection, is very relaxed and ciger-friendly.

On 6th near the Bobalu store is the Easy Tiger - good German food. On the north side of 6th about a half block is the Waller Creek Public house. Rotating selection of craft beers and decent food. Have fun!

Plato

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
A huge coincidence? Probably. But things like that always make you wonder... The same day you do a random act of kindness for many complete strangers, something like that happens.

Karma has a way of doing that!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Smoked a La Imperiosa Dukes while mowing the lawn. Man are they good!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
That's a hell of a yardgar

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well done, Mr. Patel.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
That's a hell of a yardgar

I don't know that bouncing around on a zero turn is quite the same as slugging along with a push mower. Smile If I was pushing I probably wouldn't be smoking anything, but it was the first cigar of the week and I had a hankering for something a bit nicer...

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I didn't get back into Austin - but I did have lots of good brisket out in Johnson City.

Today, my shelves for the wineador arrived:

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Ken that looks amazing!! I'll need to pick your brain for those shelves sometime down the road.

Gentlemen. I am a weak man with no self control.

I had to know. I just had to. I couldn't contain myself.

Aged barely 1 week... I give you tonight's cigar:

Thank you again John. Phenomenal.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That looks enjoyable!

I bought my shelves/drawers from Forrest at www.wineadors.com. Paid for the rush and got them about 15 or so days after I ordered them. My cooler is a NewAir 280e.

He even sells a complete wine adore ready to go (and seasoned). From what I understand, he makes the shelves and drawers that NewAir puts in their factory humidors.

I'm happy with them. Now to fill em up, maybe with some Cubans.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kenpoist,

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ken very nice I'm envious.

MD smoke'em up. IMHO they lose a lot in six months.

Illusione Epernay tonights, this was a good solid smoke under $10.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
They lose a lot of that fresh pepper and full body flavor. I have some that have 2 years of age and while the first 3rd to half have turned into a smooth creamy smoke the last half or so has that full body and pepper flavor to it that the fresh ones do. Except they have a smoother finish. I like them fresh and aged. The UF13 is a great smoke either way.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Drew Estates is not the same since Steve Saka and Nick Milellos left. IMHO period end of story. Seek out a foundation cigar co or Sombresa.

Chi Chi, get the yayo