SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My B&M will be getting them next week. I'll let you know what they price them at...I cannot imagine that they'll ask full retail, but I'll let you know.

Jay, I've been promised one, but I might be able to get two out of them, if they come in at $50 do I have your advanced-okay to reserve you one?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I would be shocked if they were priced well below retail. Many manufactures limit the amount of discount retailers can sell cigars for. For example tatuaje TAA was limited to no more than 10%.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Took your advice Gator. Ill review it this weekend if I can find a good lounge in San Antonio.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
And hell yes! If they come in at 50$ I will send you money lol.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I just order some as well, I can't see the bottom so did you get the Churchill? Or robusto? I had one 2013 it will be interesting to see how they have held up.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I got the robusto. If it goes well I'll buy more. I have a new humidor to fill up.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Interesting not what I expected from My Father. Cooking spice dominates very subtle floral notes. Medium body.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good morning smoke.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Something new today (to me anyway) as I sit here writing performance reviews on my managers. It's called "Aurora, 1495 Series"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After cleaning up the 6-8" of snow we got overnight, I smoked a My Father Special white label. Damn good smoke but it lost the pepper punch that they once had. Still a good smoke for a morning walk around the property with the kids looking for deer tracks. Good news is, they are calling for another 2-5" of snow tomorrow night! Bring it!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried a Perdomo 10th Anniversary corona this morning. It was good enough that I added two to my humidor. Nice, smooth, slow burning sticks.

Posts: 693 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
AITG those 10th are all good smokes. My favorites are the noir/maduro and the sun grown. How was the Aurora?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Re: the Aurora... meh? It didn't wow me, but it might have been stronger than I should have chosen as a breakfast cigar too.

I picked up a Rocky Patel 50th Anniversary stick today. The manager at the B&M swears it is the best tasting stick Rocky has ever put out - no time to smoke it today...perhaps tomorrow afternoon after lunch. I've never been a big Rocky guy (but I do seem to like the sticks Nish puts out...so we'll see)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
After cleaning up the 6-8" of snow we got overnight, I smoked a My Father Special white label. Damn good smoke but it lost the pepper punch that they once had. Still a good smoke for a morning walk around the property with the kids looking for deer tracks. Good news is, they are calling for another 2-5" of snow tomorrow night! Bring it!

GD! Can we get some of that snow here?! I love to shovel/blow snow! What are you using to clear the snow with?

No smoking of late for me.. I just haven't had the inclination, and I think that my taste buds a screwed up since the surgery.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goat, I am using a machine that was built in Winneconne, WI. back in 1985. You may have seen them around your neck of the woods. A Case (now Ingersoll) 226 with a 38" mounted snowblower. It could handle the 48", but this one works quite well. I had the chute fairly flat and was still shooting the snow 15'. Not too shabby for a single stage blower! Hydraulic drive and lift with a 16hp Onan twin. This is the smaller rear wheeled model as opposed to the 400 series with the large rear wheels. There are a few hydraulic attachments available for them too like a wood chipper, wood splitter, rototiller, brush hog. They are built like tanks and weigh in at 700 pounds just for the tractor. The mower deck is not light either. You can actually drive over them with out fear of damaging it while putting it on or removing. These are not cheap either. My tractor, if I bought it new, would have cost about $6000. Add in the mower deck, snowblower, wheel weights and chains and I would be over $10,000!. Luckily, these are available used for a fraction of that. I paid $170 for this one with the mower deck and wheel weights, and $125 for the snowblower. I did have to do a little work to the tractor, so I put another $100 or so into it. Thing runs like a raped ape now though. I guess you can tell I get stoked about these tractors. They are built to last a lifetime. I have another that I am slowly working on too that is 38 years old. Most parts have not changed over the years and are still available. If you are ever in the need for an excellent garden tractor, try to find a Case/Ingersoll. You can find out much more information with members that are just as nice as the members here on Sigforum at www.casecoltingersoll.com

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I did our 1/4 mile driveway and parking spots and turnarounds, in an hour and a half. It just chewed it up and spit it out!

posted Hide Post
Here is one for you... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-4...%26sd%3D311264252079

New this would have been around $15,000

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Browsing club humidor at the Menger hotel in San Antonio. Found 2 Anejos in their humidor and enjoying this Verite. It started off spicy as hell, real tasty. The spice has weakened a bit but still present, heavy cedar and leather.

posted Hide Post
I have a few OpusX and a Siglo in my humidor that I am waiting until the weather turns warmer in order to sit down and enjoy them. I have enough of other cigars to keep me busy for the time being, on top of getting new stuff from CI.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr, your Opus comment reminds me that next week at the Superbowl party I am going to break into the Opus 6 humidor that I bought at Christmas. Any recommendations on which one to start with? I just don't smoke enough Opus to know where to begin:

1 Fuente Fuente Opus X - BBMF
1 Fuente Fuente Opus X - Taurus The Bull
1 Fuente Fuente Opus X 13 - Belicoso
1 Fuente Fuente Forbidden X - Toro Maduro
1 Angel's Share - Toro
1 Don Arturo Gran AniverXario - Toro

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ