SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I have seen a few on cuban crafters that i really like, i think my next one will be a bigun.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just remember; the fuller they are, the better they maintain humidity. With that being said, be sure you have enough to fill a bigun over half way in order to regulate it easier.

I was on ice duty again...stupid weather!!! I wish it would snow instead of freezing rain/ice then rain, which in turns makes more friggin' ice! So any way, back to the task at hand. Ingersoll 226 with a home-made harrow dragging off the hitch to break up the ice on our 1/4 mile dirt driveway and a Man-O-War Ruination belicoso. I lit it at about 11:30 this morning after a late breakfast. This was quite fresh at about a month old in my humidor out of the box I bought. It burned quite well for being outside, on the move, with winds blowing. No need for a re-light, though it was not burning straight and could have used a touch up to straighten out the burn. Very much full bodied that over powered the flavors that were skewed by tar build up and bubbling out of the tip. I should have re-cut the tip to open it up more and lessen the taper of the tip, but I did not. Needless to say, with all of the tar bubbling out and the strength of the cigar, I was feeling pretty good! I estimate that it lasted 1-1/2 hours as I was out there for about another hour dragging the harrow after that. These cigars are not one to smoke when precision matters. If you do not need a straight line though...light 'em up!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Currently enjoying a My Father Connecticut toro. All I can say is Ahhhh.... Such an incredible cigar I can't properly describe it. When you're in the mood for something on the milder side this one can't be beat.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Package in the mail for you Lee, sent the tracking # to your email.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Headed to the lounge after work, taking another UF-13 with me.

posted Hide Post
I smoked a La Antiguedad while cleaning up snow. I fired up the tractor and used the snowblower which was the wrong thing to do while trying to smoke a cigar. It got very wet with the snow blowing back onto me and the cigar, that it went out. Saturated wet. I made it half way through, but still disappointed. The cigar was very good and burning quite well before that though. I would like to find a cab to put on the tractor to prevent this in the future.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The UF-13 was fantastic. I thought I might smoke 2 tonight but I have quite the nicotine buzz from just the 1. Anyone have a Savoy humidor? They are on sale for a great price. Looking at a Bubinga 150 count. Its absolutely gorgeous and they offer a lifetime no questions warranty here at the lounge. Thoughts?

http://www.seriouscigars.com/S...ication_3820_details

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
<snip> Anyone have a Savoy humidor? They are on sale for a great price. Looking at a Bubinga 150 count. Its absolutely gorgeous and they offer a lifetime no questions warranty here at the lounge. Thoughts?

http://www.seriouscigars.com/S...ication_3820_details

Well hell...they are already out of stock! I wanted to get one for a friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
They have one 150 in the store. Floor price is less than website price. But they have the 100 count for 108$

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Savoy are nice and if I were I the market for a box I'd get one. My problem is I would go for an extra large, which is around $200 then I could get a small winedor for that much. But alas I'm lazy and continue to use multiple humidors and Tupperware for spill over, and spend my money on cigars.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have a 50 count that works great. Idk what brand it is. Got it from CI with a sampler. I plan on still using it as a spillover.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I'm having a Tatuaje 10th anniversary watching the second game. I'm going to be bummed when these are no longer available.

Available here...for a pretty good price too...I am going to get a box today.
http://www.seriouscigars.com/T..._Cigars_7749_details

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
They must have got a new stock in, a few days ago they were out of all but the Belle Encre size.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Morning guys -

Very much enjoying an Ashton ESG today - good even smoke, great with my coffee.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Morning Ronin, I have heard alot of good about the ESG but is it worth the price tag?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I think so...these are the 24 Year Salute. Very nice draw and I've been impressed with the burn, near perfect. No touch ups needed. Not sure what the 'official' flavor profie is, but I get a very nice spice when I retrohale.

ETA - I just got a touch of black liquorish (sp) ---VERY COOL!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Before the prominence of Nicaraguan cigars. There was only Dominican and Ashton was one of the premier Dominican brands (still is). I remember when VSG came out I use to smoke a lot of Ashtons but I haven't had one in a long long time.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I was just talking to one of the guys here at the B&M, he said the taste I'm trying to describe is "anise". This is so damn good, glad it is a torpedo as I'm smoking this sucker all the way down.

One left in the humidor here, not sure if I want to spend the money to smoke again. No problem with it, but I've got a lot of other sticks to smoke.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Plenty in stock at serious, i might try one tomorrow night when im there.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jay if serious cigars is you B&M you are very lucky. They have a very good selection.

Mid priced -
Try the Ezra Zion tantrum PA, Ezra Zion honor series or Tatuaje La Riqueza

High priced - Tatuaje Verite (churchill 2008 1st choice 2009 2nd) I have had the 2009 and It is one of the best cigars I have ever had.

they also have the Padron 50th anniv, I have little interest in this cigar especially at $100.

Edit to add;

If your feeling adventurous try a Hirochi Robaina (HR). I havent had one yet but I am really interested in them. I have heard good things.
http://www.cigaraficionado.com...atures/show/id/17699

Chi Chi, get the yayo