SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It's a heatwave here (45°) so I lit a Victor Sinclair Bohemian gordo. Very creamy with a nice spice/pepper mix.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
+1 for the cigar dojo app, the interface is kind of goofy and it lags the hell out of my phone, but its handy.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Atlantic cigars has sharks!!

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/A...-Sharks-Figurado.asp

Limit 2 though. And only 9 left.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
You guys are costing me money. Big Grin

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

You started it Razz

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:

Me thinks that is not the first time those words have been uttered on this site!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Its for a good cause.

posted Hide Post
Good afternoon all! Last night I went to Cigars International and took along the Tatuaje TAA 2014 that I won in the Karma from Ronin. I smoked the TAA first and had an enjoyable long smoke with it. Though, my taste-buds or sinuses might be acting funky, I was only able to taste tobacco. There were no flavors that grabbed my attention. I did get a few puffs of grass flavor/smell and that was it. It was a good stick though that lasted an hour and a half with out needing any touch ups.

My second cigar was a Casa Fernandez Miami Aganorsa Leaf maduro. I was not able to get any flavors out of this one at all. This is what leads me to believe my palate is off at the moment. This cigar did not produce any smoke while burning and needed a few puffs in order to get any smoke to "exhale" I will have to revisit this cigar in a little while.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
AVO Piramides, mild-medium. Great nightly with 18 year Glenlivet, neat.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
+1 ^^^^ nice.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I'm in line to meet Jonathan Drew and score a couple series A. Ill post more later when I get to sit down.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Well, I wasn't able to write my thoughts on the Perdomo Champaine sun grown that I smoked yesterday (this is the last of my cigars from Jay). The drama that has been my sister's life for the last year (a controlling, abusive relationship) finally came to a head... Needless to say her soon to be ex-husband hasn't been following the court orders, and it's been getting worse and worse. The camel's back broke yesterday, and I spent the afternoon prepping and working out the logistics to get her and her stuff out of the house while he was away today and tomorrow morning. Luckily, I had an awesome cigar to puff on. It helped keep me cool, and not want to go buy some lime and a shovel..

I smoked the sun grown with a nice hot cup of dark roast coffee. The construction was spot on, and the prelight drawn was great. I found notes of roasted nuts, and pepper. As I smoked the cigar, I had to touch up the cigar a couple of times, but that may be due to it being dry and cold in the garage (touching up a cigar is not a deal breaker for me). Despite having to touch up the gar, it produce significant amounts of smoke and never produced a charred flavor even after the touch ups. This was a delicious cigar. Thanks again Jay!

Today, while making the mad dash to get my sisters stuff out, my father, brother, and I smoked a Sancho Panza double maduro. Once again, it was a good cigar to smoke while completing other tasks. I never had to relight it, and it burned razor sharp. It's amazing how nice 40 degrees and the sun felt!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed it Goat. Enjoying a UF13. What a pepper bomb!

posted Hide Post
Any luck getting an "A"?

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Actually yes!

Got to meet Jonathan Drew.

About a thousand people showed up. Everything sold out in minutes. Free food and open bar with top shelf booze. It was a blast. JD is quite the character.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
An egg I picked up for a coworker.

Ice sculpture.

The pepper bomb!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Glad you had fun, what was the ring Guage on the undercrown 'A'. It looks like an extra long Lancero.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It was just a longer L40 is what I was told. With the undercrown tag on it. It was pretty good. Not overly smoky or strong but tastey nonetheless. A good solid hour of smoking. About a 40 ring.

The UF13 is something else. Fantastic smoke. For a robusto size its heavy and was about an hour smoke.

posted Hide Post
Jay, Looks like a great time. Glad to see you had the chance to smoke an "A". The one I had transitioned quite a bit and had a hint of cherries in it as well.

I was able to smoke today with a little bit of work in the garage. I grabbed a Schizo as I wasn't sure if my palate was back on track. I was able to taste quite a bit in this cigar, so maybe I was off on Friday.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Ok now that I have a chance to sit. The party was awesome! JD is a character. To buy a box of unicos or T52s you had to purchase a box of something else. Limit 1 per 5 box purchase. Which killed my plan of getting a box of each. So I went the cheapest route. Bought a double bundle of kentucky fire cured in the Kyoto size and a box of UF13s. Also got a cool drew estate cutter and 5 free Acid kuba kuba and 5 My Uzi weighs a ton.
Went to the shop this morning to finish up some work and smoked an Acid,for about 2 minutes. What a piece of garbage. It tasted sour with a green leaf flavor? And the tip was sweetened. Blech. I tossed those in the trash. Then fired up a Kentucky fire cured, or kfc. Its a small size 5x34 has a nice charcoal smoky flavor. Almost like smoking Johnny walker black or a more mild double black. I didn't like it at first but by the end I warmed up to it. Goes good with a cup of joe in a strange way.

While working I also tried a My uzi weighs a ton robusto. I think I found the perfect cigar to smoke while working. It has a good flavor, some pepper, spice and some smoother flavors , caramel maybe? The best part was I could set it down for 10 minutes come back to it and with just a couple puffs it would come back to life without a relight. I managed to keep it going to the nub without a relight, and it lasted about 3 hours.

I plan on doing a full UF13 review later today. About the Serie A, there was so much going on and I had a few to drink so I couldn't really pick up any nuances or subtle flavor changes, but I did enjoy the hell out of it. It was really tasty.

You guys should get the cigar dojo app.