SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Which my father? And what flavors are you experiencing?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
Drew Estate event locally this coming Thursday. I will be looking for the Liga Privada A to bring home. Johnathan will not be here this time but met him last February. Nice guy that will talk your ears off.

Was cutting and toasting Undercrown Toros for everybody. After toasting he handed it to you and lit it.

That is me in the yellow hoodie

That sounds like a good time. Looking forward to next Saturday. A couple buddies decided to join me so it should be alot of fun.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, Yes, those are great cigars! The le Bijiou was my first favorite. Then on to the Blue label and now all of them are great in their own way. I still have a 10th anniversary in the coffin stashed in the bottom of my humidor.

Jay, I just checked CI's website and they do not have that size...yet. I'm most likely going up Friday and will inquire about it then. As long as I remember to ask! It's hell getting older!

Cherokee, Everyone that has met Johnathan said he is a hell of a nice guy. I have not met him personally yet. A heads up on those "A"'s, you may need to buy a box in order to get them and even then...get there early!

Ronin, I may have to try and age a few sometime as well. I think the longest I had one sitting has been 6 months.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Which my father? And what flavors are you experiencing?

The #4
http://halfwheel.com/?p=6081

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Rocky Patel Habano tonight. Last time I was in one of my favorite cigar shops, the manager was smoking a Viaje Oro Reserva Vor Numero 5. Smelled really great so I bought on to try. Haven't got around ot it yet though.

Posts: 11250 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Rp Habano is a GREAT value. It is a really good cigar I paid about $6.00 for one.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Football in America today. Going to a buddies house to watch the Packers/Dallas game. I'm bring a couple of "Opus Lost City" to share. Hoping I enjoy them as much as I plan to enjoy the game!

As I recall these are 100% Dominican, both in the wrapper and the filler. They have a strong cedar smell pre-smoke...I'll be sure to post a review later tonight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I wish there were some opus x available nearby. All sold out here. I still have a couple Anejos but I had planned on aging them for a while. Watching the game at the lounge I brought a couple Perdomos and another Torano stubby(the size is called LFC) Loyale this time.

This 12 year Vintage Connecticut is great with coffee. The last 3rd is the best part. With lots of cocoa and cream flavors with a mild spice finish.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
The Loyale was pretty good. For 4$ it was a great 60 ring smoke. The vault A008 is better by far. I like the long burn of these LFCs.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous of a Drew Estate event! My local B&M only does events once every blue moon. Well, I had knee surgery on Friday... Despite my father and brother's best advice, I've not been able to get out to get some smoke on the knee. It's pretty rough today, but I'm hoping to get out and burn a nice gar soon!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you made it out of surgery ok. Today is a good day for cigars. Good people, good football and good smokes all afternoon. You gotta review a new smoke soon. Don't rush the knee, follow your doctors advice.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I know Jay! I think they'll be ready to rock when I am. Which one to start with though!?

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Whichever calls to you. Hell I had 4 today. All were great.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
I was unable to enjoy a cigar yesterday or today. Too damn cold outside and not enough time. The forecasters are saying ice tomorrow, so if there is any work that needs to be done outside, I am sure I will have something lit up! I need to let a few sticks rest before I smoke them, but I can not wait to light them up.

Goat, Once you open the humidor, it will be like when Clark Griswold finds the perfect tree!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
BOTL's!

I cannot remember which of you fine gentlemen sent me a note suggesting that I try a Perdomo vintage, barrel aged cigar but thank you. It's a Robusto length but a thicker ring gauge...a fat Robusto if you will. Big Grin

I bought a five pack from CI and fired one up tonight after a few days rest in the humidor.

I don't smoke many Nicaraguan cigars. This one is excellent. It's creamy, smooth and tastes a bit like caramel.

That fact that I'm sitting outside on a 20 degree evening enjoying this says it all.

The only negative is that usually prefer a thinner ring gauge but it's still a great cigar that I'd definitely buy again.

Thank you for broadening my horizons.

Have a great weekend all.

Did not see this post yesterday, that was my suggestion Jeff. Glad you liked it.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Crowned heads JD Reserve, thought i grabbed a four kicks but I was mistaken, Good mistake, has a nice sweet and smooth flavor to start.

Who ever rec'd the Crowned heads, thank you. The JD reserve is really good, glad i grabbed the wrong one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jaywendland1981,

posted Hide Post
I had ice cleanup on the driveway today after work. So I hooked up the harrow to the tractor and fired up a Diesel Shorty. The tractor performed flawlessly and luckily the temperature was above freezing while I was running up and down the driveway. There are a few spots that are frozen too hard to break through but I was enjoying the cigar so I just ran over them as much as I could. The cigar burned nice and even and did not require any touch ups. These have been aging for about a year now and still have a little bit of a punch left in them. Flavors were a bit of leather, coffee and earthy. Nothing really stood out and blended well. Of course, I wasn't paying too much attention to the flavors of the cigar as I was to what I was doing and where I was going. It was nice to be outside and enjoying a cigar though.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I really want to try the diesel shorty

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Since surgery, some things have been neglected around the house… Having gotten some snow, my wife did her best but left several areas that needed to be shoveled and in some other areas the snow had turned to ice. I decided that the perfect cigar for the task was a Perdomo Vintage 12 year maduro that Jay was gracious enough to send to me! The first thing I noticed is it seemed heavy in the hand, and once I snipped the head, it had good construction and prelight draw. Notes of leather, spice, and earth all combined. Once I finished my lighting ritual, I also noticed it had a citrus note that lingered on the palate. About half way in, the notes grew in strength but the spice. The spice was slowly replaced by a tangier note. I think the citrus kicked up a notch, and was noticeable both during the smoking and after on the palate. The cigar finished with all the same notes, but obviously grew more and more concentrated.

Since I was already outside, I figured I’d bring out the laptop, and watch a movie in the garage (the torpedo heater had it nice and toasty at about 55 degrees). While watching the movie, I lit the Perdomo 20th anniversary maduro that also was courtesy of Jay! This cigar was a little lighter in the hand then the 12 year was, but the draw was phenomenal! It had very heavy notes of cocoa and an almost butter like flavor. During light up the cigar produced tons of smoke that had a cedar like note. The first 3rd in, the notes of cocoa and cedar continued and a floral note started to creep in. The cigar continued with the floral and woody notes. I didn’t have too many memories from the 20th anniversary I smoked before, but while smoking this one they came back. This cigar was very similar in both construction and tastes to my previous experience. Thanks again Jay!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.