SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I stopped by a local shop tonight and picked up a Destino Siglo de Amor and an Opus X rubusto, singles...oh if I only had some extra hundreds of dollars for boxes!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Jay, Look into the Liga Privada "A" at the party. They come 2 to a "box" and are only available at events. By far one of the best Drew Estate cigars I have had, the other being the UF-13 dark.

Petr: What is the A? I'm not familiar, the UF-13 Dark on the other hand...tasty!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "A" is a very limited production cigar that only shows up at Drew Estate events. Even then, they are in limited quantities.

http://halfwheel.com/liga-privada-unico-series-a

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I just looked that up. Will have to give the owners of my B&M a hard time tomorrow, there were no "A"'s at our Summer Drew Estates event.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The A also denotes size generally over 9" with a similar RG as a Churchill.

Look at the relationship of the montecristo A to the rest of their line. That A is a serious commitment.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4788 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The employees may have them all. I was fortunate enough to have some very good friends and was able to enjoy one this past summer.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
If Ronin had an LP 9 'A' he would have to seek medical attention for an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4788 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
If Ronin had an LP 9 'A' he would have to seek medical attention for an erection lasting more than 4 hours.

Ronin is now in possession of a LP 9 'A'...traded a LP Ratzilia to someone at the B&M today. And by the way, it will take a lot more than 1 cigar to put me in a situation to need medical attention!
(now if I somehow acquired one of those J.P.'s I asked about at the top of page 49, that would be a completely different story! Big Grin )

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Did you ever smoke the Headly Grange, curious as to what you thought.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey Gator:

I did smoke the Headly Grange.

Found it to be somewhat sweet and enjoyed it with a dark coffee. Got a bit of leather with the retro-hale...a pretty enjoyable smoke. Definitely on my list of smokes to try with a bourbon in the future. Thanks for the tip, always fun to get out of my comfort zone, but when sticks get pricey it is nice to have solid recommendations!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
BOTL's!

I cannot remember which of you fine gentlemen sent me a note suggesting that I try a Perdomo vintage, barrel aged cigar but thank you. It's a Robusto length but a thicker ring gauge...a fat Robusto if you will. Big Grin

I bought a five pack from CI and fired one up tonight after a few days rest in the humidor.

I don't smoke many Nicaraguan cigars. This one is excellent. It's creamy, smooth and tastes a bit like caramel.

That fact that I'm sitting outside on a 20 degree evening enjoying this says it all.

The only negative is that usually prefer a thinner ring gauge but it's still a great cigar that I'd definitely buy again.

Thank you for broadening my horizons.

Have a great weekend all.

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Picked up a couple crowned heads. 4 kicks and a headley grange. Confirmed that I will have a chance to pick up a couple seriesA and they already have the T52s and Uf13 dark in stock, but they arent allowed to sell them until next Saturday.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Headley Grange Robusto. Beautiful wrapper and almost perfect roll. The cap is really thick, it took a bit of effort to punch into this one. The first inch so far is pretty mild, leather at the front of the flavor with just a bit of spice, not much. I like the smaller size of these. Great for a morning smoke.

The second half is developing a sweet and coffee flavor. Good burn so far, no touch ups needed. Leave a nice flavor on the lips, a little spice. I will definately buy more of these.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This morning I was re-organizing my locker at the B&M when I found two Liga 9's that must have been in there for a good year at least.

Now what is interesting is that the Liga's have a rep of not seasoning well, but I am going to differ my opinion after this today, I really enjoyed it with a Sprecher Rootbeer...I mean REALLY liked it. It seemed to have mellowed significantly, even the smoke was not quite as thick. If this is what I get from the other one, I may have to re-think how I store my 9's.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Yesterday I made a quick stop at CI. I walked out with 5 more Tatuaje 10th Anniversary and a CLE signature series. The CLE was $13 each, no band, and in a plain box with CLE on it. The first third was smooth but no real flavors present. Into the second third and then on it was a flavor monster! It stayed smooth and creamy, had a hint of pepper, and exploded near the nub with cocoa flavor. Very good stick, but on the pricey side at $13 but not over expensive either.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Torano Vault A-008 stubby. 4x60. Decided to try one of these since torano now has a stubby size and they are cheap. Only 4$ each.

This smoke starts off strong, full pepper spice right off the start, some hints of cocoa and earthy flavors. About halfway the spice mellows out and gives way to a sweet cocoa, with something else I cant place, but it is really tasty. Alot like the Nub cigars these start off great and end great. Nothing boring here. I'd recommend them anytime.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I posted about the Torano stubby too early. The last 3rd of this smoke is amazing! Lots of sweet cocoa and cream flavors, with the right amount of spice. I'm at the nub and don't want to put it down. At 4$ a piece I'm buying a box!

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Drew Estate event locally this coming Thursday. I will be looking for the Liga Privada A to bring home. Johnathan will not be here this time but met him last February. Nice guy that will talk your ears off.

Was cutting and toasting Undercrown Toros for everybody. After toasting he handed it to you and lit it.

That is me in the yellow hoodie

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My father today. Wow what a great cigar. My Own acquisition disorder has lead me to abandon or forget about a really excellent cigar. I have had 2 of these recently and prior to that it had probably been two years since I had one. My chase for the latest or newest has caused me to take these for granted.

The construction, flavors, burn everything was perfect. There is a reason the Garcia's are one of the best cigar manufacturers in the world.

I need to treat these like Tatuaje and always have them on hand and smoke them more often.

Chi Chi, get the yayo