SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Ronan. I would go in on a few sticks for sure. Let me know how many you need me to pick up.

md-lucky -

15 are accounted for. I have access to 10 more. How many would you like?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by md-lucky:
A little something from Rocky Patel now that the storm has passed.

Snip

The calm after a storm is so peaceful. Perfect time to enjoy.

Beautiful yard!

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Hi Ronan. I would go in on a few sticks for sure. Let me know how many you need me to pick up.

md-lucky -

15 are accounted for. I have access to 10 more. How many would you like?

You can mark me down for all 10 to get the purchase started, and if any late comers want to come along they can take from those.

Do you PayPal?

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I do paypal.

Anyone else please email me directly. This accounts for all 25, but the others who were interested said they would give up a few to help others.

I'll be able to pick them up on Wednesday and get them out next week.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff. We are moving soon - I'm going to miss it.

Ronan: email sent.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
I'm not sure anyone would feel that about my collection when see it though...

Goat, I respectfully disagree. It is not the name brands and age that makes a collection, it is the stories that go with them. The tales told before, during and after the smoke is what makes a cigar collection special.

Good point.. I wasn't thinking of all that.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carlos Fuente Sr. passed yesterday. R.I.P. Sir.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Carlos Fuente Sr. passed yesterday. R.I.P. Sir.

Thanks, petr. Here's a nice article about him from Cigar Aficionado
Link

Just finished an LP #9 with a mediocre Colorado ale

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Mr. Fuente. Many of your cigars burn in tribute this evening.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Wow Ronin the wrapper on that stick looks incredible. What an appropriate smoke. I had an Opus X last night with a friend before I learned of Fuente Sr's death - I'd like to think that I did not choose it by accident.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
R.I.P., MR Fuente, I've burned hundreds of your cigars over the years!!

Ronin, I had an Anejo 46 on Friday night, a terrific smoke.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ronin, I had an Anejo 46 on Friday night, a terrific smoke.

Wonderful! A very nice stick. One Shark remaining in the collection. Maybe next year...

I have been letting this rest far too long (like "years" long!). The last from a now empty box - sadness and satisfaction (S&S?!?)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Heads up, these are in stock in the new size. Link doesnt work right, The L’Atelier Côte d'Or Cigars

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/L'Atelier-Limited-Editions-Cote-d'Or-La-Tache.asp

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diesel Wicked this evening in what feels like a sauna. It only going to get worse the next few days.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I hear yuh 'bout the sauna. I think I'm going to curtail my cigar time until it gets below 80F...that'll be sometime in October probably. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I was smart enough to bring some sticks with me on this trip. On the balcony now in Waikiki and enjoying a Bobalu Series America Robusto.

Life is good!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I hear yuh 'bout the sauna. I think I'm going to curtail my cigar time until it gets below 80F...that'll be sometime in October probably. Frown

There's always the air conditioned lounge at serious cigars......

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
jay - you have email

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have a new email btw, its in my profile. I still check the old one every once in awhile.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Np with the package, Ill make sure i get there tonight to pick it up. I might be related to that guy in some distant way, My Great great great grandpa was the last of hi immediate family to make it to the states in the mid 1800s, some of his brothers and uncles etc, settled here but the rest are scattered everywhere.

Interesting thing I learned researching my family history, In that time period in germany, most people took the name of the region they lived in as their last name. There are literally 1000s of Wendlands all across the US, which makes it really difficult to trace family without having a written record of First names, wives names and parents names. My grandpa tried to trace it 50 years ago and I inherited all of his research on it.