SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Ramon Allones, ill just call it a Robusto. Good build/roll, great draw with just a punch. Same earthy smooth flavor as the first one I had. I like how thick the wrappers and caps are on these.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Jay, I had one of those but did not have the same experience as you. Though it was a great cigar, I felt it was overpriced. I will have to try again with my three strikes rule in effect. Thank you for update.

I also saw that CI has a CLE that has no band on it, I think it is a Signature series, that I need to ask about up there.

I did buy 2 just to be sure, they are kind of high priced. Someone at lounge recommended a sancho Panza double maduro, so I picked up a couple to try out as well.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Well today is the last day of vacation (use it or lose it so I have been off since 12/20).

Celebrating a great 2014 and hopefully an as great 2015.

Having a Caldwell Long Live the King lancero (LLTK) . It is a complex medium bodied cigar. Flavor profile starts with spice but transitions to a salty nutty slightly sweet smoke. Awesome I love these cigars. The blend contains Pelo De Oro which use to be grown in Cuba but was abandoned because it is susceptible to disease. It is no longer grown in Cuba. Pepin Garcia brought it back in Nicaragua. However this blend contains Peruvian Pelo.

All the cigars I have had with Pelo I really like, they include Pepin Garcia 10th anniversary, viaje exclusivo leaded, Ezra Zion 'collective', and this LLTK.

The tobacco is Viso which means sungrown broadleaf. Similar to maduro which is sun grown the tobacco when used in a blend adds subtle sweetness. I generally don't smoke maduro as they tend to be sweet and they remind me of plug chewing tobacco that made me sick in my youth. But when it is used subtly in the filler it really adds complexity.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Finally among the living again! Celebrating with an Ashton ESG 24-Year Salute (perfecto)...I'll bang out a review later this evening.

Thought I would share my thoughts on this stick.

Smoked this one with water, peppery leather would be my best descriptor, I know that it is described with earth and wood notes, but I could not detect those, even retro-haling. Granted, I was still a tad stuffed up, so it could have been me. What an amazing stick, a nearly perfect burn that didn't need a touch-up even once.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reviews. A couple more on my long list to sample.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Jay, Let me know how you like the Sancho. They are awesome! Today was a day of disappointments... I started with a Sancho, and it was great until I dropped it from about 10 feet (after about half a dozen puffs). The wrapper totally split and fell off. I still smoked it to the end, but it wasn't nearly as good as a properly constructed cigar Frown It's amazing how such a small amount of tobacco (a wrapper) can affect the taste of an entire cigar.

Ronin, good info on the ESG! I really enjoy the VSG, and have not tried an ESG after reading a poor review in Cigar Aficionado.

Then, I had a JDN Antano Dark Corojo. I went outside to get something out of my truck (in -25 degree windchill weather). I set it down to dig in my truck... It fell off the bedrail, and I lost the wrapper on my second cigar of the day... I ended up putting a zip-tie on the head to keep the binder from unraveling too. Again, totally different expirence smoking the Antano from the others I've smoked! I'm really looking forward to sitting down and smoking a cigar instead of watching the cigar fall in slow motion to the ground.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh! I hate when I drop a cigar and you had the misfortune of two...on the same day! I feel your pain.
My cigar today was just, well, bad. A Signature Collection 2005 maduro. It had a point of a decent flavor but then a chemical taste came along and ruined it. Then the thing would not stay lit for me. I finally tossed it with 2-3" left, something I rarely ever do.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Too busy to really puff on anything at work today, had an unlit cigar in my mouth most the day though. I'm beat, wont be smoking tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
I needed to go to the garage tonight for some odds and ends and smoked a CAO Flathead Sparkplug. I wanted something quick and ended up a little chilly as these last about an hour in 27* temps. One the plus side, I bought some mittens that fold back to expose your fingers at Cabelas yesterday. The last day for the employee pricing, so I ended up paying $15 for them. They are not fancy by any means, but they work! I do not have to worry about melting or starting on fire the fingers to a pair of gloves!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
CLE Eiroa, the connecticut, not the Trple maduro. I am at work and only puffing every 5-10 minutes, it will kind of light back up then go out, a really slow burn. This smoke is very tasty, maybe more so than the triple maduro. I will have the maduro soon to compare, but this one is worth it.

http://www.cigarsinternational...-by-christian-eiroa/

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Relaxed with a back-to-back today. Liga 9 and then a Tat 10th Anniversary. Good cigar day!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
So what you are saying is you had one cigar that tasted of cocoa mocha and old catcher's mitt, then you smoked a good cigar. Wink

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator you're an ass. Funny, but an ass! Wink

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
NSFW in the cigar thread?

I know Opus X comes up with some real interesting names, but this is the most explicit I've ever seen.
NSFW link to Halfwheel review of this stick

Any of you guys ever seen/tried this cigar? I understand they were never released, but they are out there, and I want one! A unique feature of this cigar is that it is constructed in a way that you do not need to clip it. There are flavor profiles listed in the reviews I've read that I don't typically see in a cigar review, and I'm guess that authors were simply playing along with the name. Obvously nothing I'll find on J.R. or C.I., but someday, someday...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I may be able to locate one for you. No guarantee, but if I do, I'll let you know.

posted Hide Post
I had some shoveling to do today, due to a little bit of snow we had. I was digging through my humidor looking for a Tatuaje Tiff and stumbled upon a My Father le Bijiou petite robusto, so I chose it instead. An excellent smoke and lasted just a little longer than the shoveling I needed to do at a slow pace.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
And I thought BBMF was bad. Never heard of this one.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2992 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Had an Acid Progeny today. Spicy sweet. Wouldn't want one every day but it was a great departure from the norm.

Posts: 13836 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Well today was a good day! We finished our project, and had some phenomenal cigars while finishing and in celebration. If you guys haven't noticed yet, my/our go to cigars are usually on a lower rung then most of your daily smokes. That being said, it takes all kinds to make the world go round, right?! Our last couple of smokes have been heavily from Drew Estate because my brother picked up a sampler as thanks for a job well done. I'm becoming more and more of a DE fan!

We started with Xikar HC maduro. I've had several of these (I order them by the mazo from CI). They have always had good construction and burn, and fall in the medium strength category. Notes of spice, wood, and leather throughout.

We then smoked an Undercrown robusto. I've only ever had 2 of these. By the end, my brother and I both commented that this cigar was more powerful then we remember. Started out with a sweetness and very subtle spiciness. The sweetness slowly disappeared and the spiciness grew.

Then we smoked an My Uzi Weighs a Ton. This cigar was full bodied throughout, and had a good amount of earthy spice. It reminded me of plowing fields on the farm as a kid. The dusty smell nuances were replaced by notes of leather and cedar.

We finished with a celebratory cigar that my brother surprised us with from the B&M. It was a Padron 1964 Anniversary (in what I think was the 5.5x50 size). You know a cigar is going to be good when each cigar has a serial number! Big Grin I've smoked a 80th Anniversary this summer in front of the Alamo when I traveled to Texas to take delivery of our project. It was a very clean tobacco taste throughout... The 1964 was quite a bit in comparison to the 80th. The construction was spot on, and some of the tobacco notes were similar. However, there were definite notes of woody smoke, toasting nuts, and leather. It was such good cigar, I put a zip tie around the head (after perfecting this technique on my busted up JDN from he other day) and nubbed it (pic below)!

BTW Ronin, I've never heard of that Opus... Sounds delicious! Cool

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post