SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I nearly forgot to post last nights stick. A Perdomo lot 23. Now one of my favorites. Very spicy from start to finish with flavors of cedar, oak and some earthy coffee? Maybe coco? Cant quite place it. But for 3.50 a smoke(CI special on a 10 pack) cant be beat.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CI Legends Oliva this afternoon. Good stick for, I think I paid, $4.50. Good flavor and burn. More of a fuller bodied cigar. I would put this one close to the G series. If you like Oliva, you should enjoy this one.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gau-8
posted Hide Post
I normally avoid cigar threads... had throat cancer 3 years ago not related to smoking but have not taken it up again. I pop'd in this one by chance, PETR, after reading your review of the MoW Virtue I'm ready for one. You nailed it, those are great cigars. I am a big fan of CI.

Posts: 90 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
CI Legends Oliva this afternoon. Good stick for, I think I paid, $4.50. Good flavor and burn. More of a fuller bodied cigar. I would put this one close to the G series. If you like Oliva, you should enjoy this one.

I received a latitude zero a couple weeks ago with the CI monthly club pack. They are made by oliva and it was fantastic. No transitions but nice a spicy from beginning to nub. I didn't want it to end and would have promptly lit another if I had one. Oliva has a winner with that one. Next weekend I plan on sampling an Espada by montecristo. Hope its as good as all the reviews.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gau 8, Welcome to Sigforum! I'm glad to hear you kicked cancers ass, though I do want to say to proceed with caution. That is all on that.

Now, I am glad to hear that it was not "me" or I got the only good stick in the bunch. I will try another one or two to be sure before I commit to a box.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Had a fonseca today for the first time in a while. Reminded me why i hadn't had a fonseca in a while. Tasted awful.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have had one fresh that tasted like ash and had one that was aged for about 9 months. Tasted like ash. I have one more in the humidor and am not looking forward to it.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree. I have had one fresh that tasted like ash and had one that was aged for about 9 months. Tasted like ash. I have one more in the humidor and am not looking forward to it.

That's the one your save for the brother-in-law or neighbor who feels entitled to one of your cigars. Especially if it has a colorful label, they'll never know the dif!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12369 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:

At 7.50 a stick I'd toss the thing. Not worth it at all.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just lit a CAO America Landmark. At 6x60 it's the largest cigar I've tried and good as it is I doubt I'll make such ring sizes a habit. Tons of flavor from creamy chocolate, slight nutty flavor and hints of pepper all combined to one surprisingly smooth experience. Draw is a little tight but manageable.

Posts: 13776 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just fired up an Illusion 88 maduro. I have not had this stick before and am liking it so far. Slight bit of pepper mixed in with dark chocolate. Not bad for about $7.50.

posted Hide Post
Lee, those Americas should be right up your alley. Mild to medium body with good flavors and good construction.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Romeo y Julietta 1875. My standby. A good medium smoke at a reasonable price. Plus, it smells like my grand dad's smokes.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. They are decently priced to make either a good working cigar or can be enjoyed sitting down to relax.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've tried 3 different Romeo y Julieta and didn't like a single one of them.

Posts: 13776 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I picked up a nice Burley Light today for my Golden Burl pipe. With a decent cup of tea, it's my nightcap.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I've tried 3 different Romeo y Julieta and didn't like a single one of them.

I had a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real Churchill two days ago and thought it was fabulous. OTOH, I know people who love maduras...meh.

Good thing there are a lot of choices.

Posts: 691 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Finishing Tuesday with a Tatuaje TAA 2014. Spicy start but subsided nicely.

IMHO there are few cigars which pimp the Cuban brand names that are worth smoking.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why no one is bickering back and forth in this thread. Everyones tastes are different, and I think being adults (or big kids) helps as well. There are no wrong answers, only suggestions! With that said, I am smoking another Diesel Shorty this evening. Good stuff everyone!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Dropped into the local B&M today...found this Gem. Very very excited to smoke tonight!

An Ashton VSG with "Cabinet" on the label. There is honest to goodness "ploom" on it...this should be an amazing smoke.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12369 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post