SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
That third from the right is a Ramon Allones - Allones Superiores, one of my favorites. It's an awesome cigar and a great value for a LCDH 'Limited Edition' at about $10 a stick.

I will second that!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Nice Kenpost! Theres not one cigar there thats subpar. I didn't know anything about there being a Reddit forum for gars. It makes sense since everything else is on there...

Smoked a LFD double Ligero today while mowing the lawn. I needed something good after picking up our oldest pup from the vet. He and the younger dog tangled with a muskrat on Saturday and he ripped open his rear leg. It took a couple of staples, and he's pretty groggy still.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Yep, lots of good stuff there, Habanos and non. I don't know much about Cubans - I'm going to have to look into getting a box or two.

email sent.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, Jeff!

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Nice Kenpost! Theres not one cigar there thats subpar. I didn't know anything about there being a Reddit forum for gars. It makes sense since everything else is on there...

Smoked a LFD double Ligero today while mowing the lawn. I needed something good after picking up our oldest pup from the vet. He and the younger dog tangled with a muskrat on Saturday and he ripped open his rear leg. It took a couple of staples, and he's pretty groggy still.

The LFD double ligero is on my list to try. Soooo many good cigars out there to try out.

I'm on Reddit a lot on the Destiny subreddit, so it made sense to check around for a cigar sub.

I bought a wine cooler ( NewAir 280E ). Once I get that up and running as a temp controlled humidor, I'm going to start buying a few boxes.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua tonight. These things are great - chocolate malt and pepper

Edited to add - had an Anderson Valley Briny Melon Gose with it. Don't know if it was a good "pairing", but both were yummy

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a 12 day vacation in Europe. Fantastic, but all I did was buy cigars - did not smoke one.

On my back porch now with a nice Perdomo Habano Connecticut.

A nice smooth almost two hour smoke to relax with after finally getting home.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
OK guys honest question here.

After two weeks in Europe both my wife and I lost our tolerance for spice. We both love Mexican food so before the trip we hit up Taco Palenque for fajitas. Lots of peppers, lots of heat.

Today after getting home I brought some Taco Palenque fajitas to the house for dinner. We were both dying with heat that we enjoyed two weeks ago.

The followup of course is my first cigar in over two weeks. That super mild Connecticut had a ton of flavor and nuances that I had missed before.

So... Has anyone else noticed how long it takes their cigar taste to "reset"? Is that even the right word or description? Or am I just too sensitive? :-)

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random observation - It’s been about 4 days since I’ve had a cigar. Today I had a conference call so I sat on my deck and had an ‘old’ Cuban. Holy smokes...that thing has me buzzing to the point I do not think I should be driving !!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Its been so hot lately that I only get out for a smoke maybe Once a week. This weekend I was "working" (putting together a new smoker) while i smoked and I was buzzin hard! Almost to the point of feeling sick.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Hey John did yo get my email today? Or any of my replies to the email you sent me a couple weeks ago?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A box pressed Diesel Rage, a glass of NxNW Cabernet and Samantha Fish's new album "Wild Heart." Nice

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any Liga UF-13 fans?

I can get a bundle of 25 for $15/stick ... no tax if I pay cash. Not sure I want that many though. Anyone what to go in?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ronin I'll get in on some of that UF-13 action!

Plato

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Any Liga UF-13 fans?

I can get a bundle of 25 for $15/stick ... no tax if I pay cash. Not sure I want that many though. Anyone what to go in?

Furlough-

Let me know how many you want to commit to.

Anyone else? Obviously I am not profiting off this, just wanted to share the deal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Conversing with a friend this morning and it made me think of how we as cigar smokers treat a fellow smoker's humidor or collection. Likely most of you who post here often would agree, that respect and reverence are the way to go. This scene from Kill Bill is how I would best describe what I am talking about: (just substitute the swords for fine cigars)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Conversing with a friend this morning and it made me think of how we as cigar smokers treat a fellow smoker's humidor or collection. Likely most of you who post here often would agree, that respect and reverence are the way to go. This scene from Kill Bill is how I would best describe what I am talking about: (just substitute the swords for fine cigars)

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_qtGbuzq79E" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I absolutely agree. The feeling of reverence is very pronounced when I see someone's collection. I'm not sure anyone would feel that about my collection when see it though...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure anyone would feel that about my collection when see it though...

Goat, I respectfully disagree. It is not the name brands and age that makes a collection, it is the stories that go with them. The tales told before, during and after the smoke is what makes a cigar collection special.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
A little something from Rocky Patel now that the storm has passed.

The calm after a storm is so peaceful. Perfect time to enjoy.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Generalizations
Are False
Picture of md-lucky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Any Liga UF-13 fans?

Furlough-

Let me know how many you want to commit to.

Anyone else? Obviously I am not profiting off this, just wanted to share the deal.

Hi Ronan. I would go in on a few sticks for sure. Let me know how many you need me to pick up.

"At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons and magazines were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." Department of Justice study conducted by Jeffrey Roth and Christopher Koper

Posts: 2339 | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post