SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Puffed on a couple perdomo frescos at work today, and i have 2 toro gordo perdomos to smoke tonight. A champagne sun grown and a 12 year vintage maduro, some 18 year glenlivet. Happy new years everyone.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Happy new year gents Pepin Garcia 10th anniversary

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now THAT is one fantastic cigar! Happy New Year all!

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...aaahhhh...

Cold is gone (for the most part). Tucking in at the B&M and just lit up a Tat 10th Anniversary. Going to sit here all day and watch the Gophers win a New Year's Bowl game.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well I received Jeff's karma package yesterday and this morning I an smoking a Ramon Allones petite corona I believe. The smallest of the bunch. Its very smooth and creamy with just a hint of spice. Pairs great with coffee, its almost like smoking a cup of coffee and cream. Thanks again Jeff. Great way to start the new year.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Getting into the second half and a bit more spice has come to the front. Also picking up some sweeter flavors, caramel? Coffee, spice, I retrohaled a little and it was very smooth better than cigarette. What a great little smoke! Wish I could find these on a normal basis. Or something similar. Small and tasty.

This one burned my fingers, alot.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Well I received Jeff's karma package yesterday and this morning I an smoking a Ramon Allones petite corona I believe. The smallest of the bunch. Its very smooth and creamy with just a hint of spice. Pairs great with coffee, its almost like smoking a cup of coffee and cream. Thanks again Jeff. Great way to start the new year.

Ramon Allones Small Club Corona.

Posts: 12938 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Got a VS 55 cameroon burning now. Started off spicy but 1/3 in and it's mellowed to include some wood and leather. Screwed up lighting it cause my torch has turned into a POS but it evened itself out nicely with one small touch up.

Speaking of torches I'm looking for a new one. I don't want a fancy display piece just a quality reliable torch that won't break the bank. Suggestions?

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I use a Williams Sonoma kitchen torch. I have had it since 2004. I fill it once or twice a year. http://www.williams-sonoma.com...cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH

Ps I turn it up to start charcoal.

Edit to add this is only used at home.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Thanks but I prefer something compact for my pocket.

Posts: 13747 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Of all the lighters ive accumulated this one is my favorite, lifetime warranty at my b&m they will replace it on the spot. Get em on sale for 25-50$ even has a built in cigar punch. I have 2, one i take with me everywhere the other i keep at work.

http://www.cigarsinternational...-2002-torch-lighter/

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
How does the flame adjust on that Jay? The one I have now is either barely burning or welding level intense.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Theres an adjustment knob on the bottom. It works really well, except when the lighter itself gets really cold its hard to light, never failed on me yet though.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
The Bugatti B2002 is great. Get them on eBay for $20 give or take. I have 2 I use. Always a full backup.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Finally among the living again! Celebrating with an Ashton ESG 24-Year Salute (perfecto)...I'll bang out a review later this evening.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would look for a dual flame lighter at the minimum. If you have an old Zippo laying around, there is a butane insert available for them. http://www.cigarsinternational...lame-insert/#p-98393 Zippo also makes one, but it is a single flame.

I have a Lotus table lighter that I use most times. It is a quad-torch, so it is not great for touch ups...unless you have a steady hand and keep the flame far enough away. It is quite large, think pack of cigarettes, with a flip-top cover. I can go about a month before I nee to fill it in the summer time with smoking a cigar everyday. One thing I wish it had was a sight window to see how much fuel is in it. I also have a Black-Ops dual torch that works just as good. It does take longer to light a cigar with it, but is more precise for touch-ups. I got this one in a bundle with cigars and a Herf-a-dor. My next lighter will be a Xikar when something fails. No BS warranty on them for life. Anything goes wrong, and they swap it out if they can not fix it at CI. The only thing is, they can be expensive depending on which one you get.

I had a Colibri that was a beautiful lighter. "V" cutter and guillotine all in one on the side. I hardly used it for years and went to fill it the second time and it leaked right back out. No warranty so SOL. They did offer to replace it with a current model for $20. No thank you, I'll get a different brand. Maybe things have changed with them, but they will not get any of my money again.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Guys - in regards to lighters, I'm always going to encourage a Xikar. Great performance and lifetime (walk into your B&M and swap) warranty.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
My first stick of the year is a La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Campana Chisel toro. Not a bad stick, but it was more than the Tatuaje 10th Anniversary that I got. Oh yeah...5 more of those are coming home with me tonight!

posted Hide Post
Correction. Four will be riding home with me. I'm smoking one of the Tatuaje 10th Anniversary now. Mmm, mmmm good!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Arturo Fuente gran reserva maduro. Kind of harsh, has a decent spice and flavor. Pretty one dimensional. Next up a Perdomo cabinet reserve Cameroon. These were a 2011 limited run. Haven't heard much about them so ill review it tonight.