SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice! Is that overflow or are you hiding your purchases from your wife? Doghouse protection in other words. Lol!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Nice! Is that overflow or are you hiding your purchases from your wife? Doghouse protection in other words. Lol!

Ix-nay-the ife-way!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Cmr that is at lot of opuses it's rare that I see that many in a retail store.

Ronin
I know you like IPA but I would recommend a stout, porter, or lager. A bourbon or rye would work as well.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4788 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I went with a surrogates bone crusher, thanks to Gator's recommendation. So far its pretty good. Some pepper some cocoa, its really smooth.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Smooth all the way to the Nub. A good spice, some earthy cocoa flavors with a chocolate finish. If there were any transitions they were subtle. A good smoke overall. I give it a 9.2. Went great with coffee.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bone Crusher is good as well as the Tramp Stamp

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Bought a liga and an oliva V maduro. Since I have the babysitter for a couple more hours I decided to try the Perdomo 12 year maduro. IMO this is the best of the 3 wrappers in the 12 year line. Spice is at the front, cream and cocoa, very pronounced transition at the 2nd 3rd, where the spice bellows out a bit and a sweet flavor developes. Very nice transition for the last 3rd. Heavy spice and sweet finish with some cocoa in the mix. I recommend this one anytime.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Someone on this thread asked me, this morning or yesterday afternoon, if I'd found a cigar I liked. But, oddly, I can't find that post now. The answer: No, I haven't. Ronin1069 suggested the Drew Estate Acid line, and it's on my shopping list, but I haven't bought one yet.

BTW, Ronin, I like bourbon too. I usually drink Jim Beam Black. 8 years old, and pretty good at a moderate price.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9180 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't smoke a . Pipe so I don't know how strong it is. If it is mild in strength, I would point you towards the Man O War Virtue. Medium strength would go towards the MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured or the Spectre or a My Father le Bijou or a Fuente Short Story. High test would go for a La Gloria Cubana Serie N or R. There are other power houses as well, but you may want to start there in asking an employee of your local shop.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Ah, I found the post; it was on a different Lounge thread, "Goodbye Keurig, hello Technivorm". Jaywendland1981 asked: "Btw Pipe smoker did you ever find a cigar that agreed with your taste?"

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9180 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
In the spirit of Christmas (or what holiday you may celebrate this year), I’m going to offer a quick Karma for this thread alone. I’m fortunate to have a high end B&M within a few miles of me, and because of that get to try some very cool cigars. Up for Karma are two Cigars:

2014 Tatauje Monster Jekyll
http://halfwheel.com/review-tatuaje-the-jekyll

and a

TATUAJE TAA 2014
http://halfwheel.com/review-tatuaje-taa-2014/72206

Only rules are: You post a quick review after you smoke them and you have not already smoked them this year. Both are limited, and mostly unavailable now, so I’d like them to be a new experience for someone.

I’ll draw Sunday night and put them in the mail Monday. Don’t be shy!

Final bump...I'll draw tonight and ship tomorrow.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
In the spirit of Christmas (or what holiday you may celebrate this year), I’m going to offer a quick Karma for this thread alone. I’m fortunate to have a high end B&M within a few miles of me, and because of that get to try some very cool cigars. Up for Karma are two Cigars:

and a

TATUAJE TAA 2014

Only rules are: You post a quick review after you smoke them and you have not already smoked them this year. Both are limited, and mostly unavailable now, so I’d like them to be a new experience for someone.

Final bump...I'll draw tonight and ship tomorrow.

Please do not include me but that is very generous of you Ronin!

I'm sitting on the porch enjoying one of my standbys while perusing the Sig Forum.

I'm smoking a Ramon Allones Specially Selected from March 2012. It is my favorite Robusto and it's always consistently good, fresh or aged. It is about $7.25 a stick in a 50 Cab.

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got back in from the garage and smoked a Tatuaje 10th Anniversary. Oh what a great smoke!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Walking around the. Christmas festival in spring. Some guys were smoking stogies and handing out samples. Southern Draw is the brand. Local Texas company using Nicaraguan tobacco. Ill report on this one when I finish it.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hey Ronin, sign me up. Thanks for the great karma.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10525 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

and a

TATUAJE TAA 2014

Winner winner Chicken Dinner! Couldn't really use the Karmanator on this whole thread so I took the folks who said "in" and rolled dice.

Petr came up first. He graciously asked not to be included for the Monster so he gets the TATUAJE TAA 2014.

Yellowjacket - you got in by the skin of your harry chin-chin and drew next, so you get the 2014 Tatauje Monster Jekyll.

Send me your addresses (e-mail in my profile), and I'll get them out tomorrow. It seems silly to send just one cigar so I will also include a Macanudo 1997 Vintage for each of you. Hope you enjoy, and congrats!

http://www.cigarinspector.com/...-vintage-maduro-1997

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Thank you for having this Karma and the added stick! Email inbound!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I succumbed to peer pressure and had a Tatuaje 10th anniversary. With Samuel Smith India pale ale. What a great beer I'm not an ipa fan due to most craft beer IPAs high on the IBU bitterness scale. But this beer is very good.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4788 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Almost didn't get a smoke in tonight, but circumstances changed last minute and I had a couple hours with a very good friend. Wanted to smoke something special so I broke out an Opus Lost City and had with a black ale. What a terrific combination!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Noel Rojas, project 7. Not a bad smoke, the wrapper came apart a bit after i punched it. Good flavors, alot like a montecristo with a bit more spice.