SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Liga privada #9. The first half of this smoke was decent. Too much cedar flavor for my taste. The second half was phenomenal! Good spice, nice creamy finish. I compare it to a Perdomo 20th anniversary maduro. Both great smokes. I will buy more for sure.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Brothers, I think we've got a sub-forum going. Smile

I'd like to offer up a cigar Karma for those in this thread.

Up for Karma: one of each...of my 3 favorite cigars.

1. Por Larranaga Petite Corona
2. Ramon Allones Specially Selected
3. Ramon Allones Small Club Corona.

Rules: Must be a participant in this thread and must post a review comparing these three gems from Cuba.

I will pick a winner by the weekend and ship the package to the winner on Saturday.

Thanks for playing!

Posts: 12944 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Brothers, I think we've got a sub-forum going. Smile

I'd like to offer up a cigar Karma for those in this thread.

Up for Karma: one of each...of my 3 favorite cigars.

1. Por Larranaga Petite Corona
2. Ramon Allones Specially Selected
3. Ramon Allones Small Club Corona.

Rules: Must be a participant in this thread and must post a review comparing these three gems from Cuba.

I will pick a winner by the weekend and ship the package to the winner on Saturday.

Thanks for playing!

Very cool Jeff! Please do not include me in this one, I was fortunate enough to win your last cigar karma.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Wow very cool. Please include me. I like doing extensive reviews.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Just lighting up a paul stulac, white blinding light? Its a long skinny stick. Great spice off the back. Pairing it with a scotch I got as a gift. The Dimple Pinch 15 year. So ill give a double review. The Dimple has a nice aroma, a darker golden color than I'm used to seeing. It has a surprising amount of smoke/peat for a blend with a sweet finish. Ill let the ice ball melt while I puff on the Stulac.

posted Hide Post
Jeff, Please count me in this generous Karma! Thank you for starting this wonderful thread and the chance to try some new cigars. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Liga privada #9. The first half of this smoke was decent. Too much cedar flavor for my taste. The second half was phenomenal! Good spice, nice creamy finish. I compare it to a Perdomo 20th anniversary maduro. Both great smokes. I will buy more for sure.

Was this a fresh cigar or one that you had aging?

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goatboyz, Welcome back and Merry Christmas to you as well. The Tat line is not overly expensive but can get you into trouble if you're not careful!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It was fresh to me. Cant tell how long it sat in the humidor at serious cigars but it wasn't wrapped. The paul stulac is an interesting smoke. Has a smooth nutty finish with a good amour of spice. I have to hunt down a bigger size.

posted Hide Post
Drew Estate cigars usually do not age well, that is why I asked. They seem to get stale to me the longer they sit. Then again, maybe I like the fresh flavors versus the aged flavor profile.

I don't remember if I had any Stulac cigars or not. I wish I would have kept a journal before of all the cigars I smoked.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
It was quite tasty. I use a Notes app on my phone to keep track of them all.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jeff please include me thanks.

I doubt I will get any smokes in for a few days. Did get some rodrigo corona project I can't wait to try.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting out on this 57* Christmas Eve watching for Santa to fly by smoking a Camacho SLR maduro perfecto #1. Good smoke with an even better residual flavor long after the cigar is done. Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy your time with family and friends!

posted Hide Post
I saw Appliance Brad had a Rocky Patel but not sure which one. Which one was it Brad and how was it?

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Just finished a Illusione Maduro 88 (Robusto) and 3 fingers of Teeling Irish Whiskey. Yum and Yum Smile

Jeff I would love to be included in your karma. Have not had any of those Cubans.

To date the R y J Short Churchill has been my favorite Cuban. Limited experience in Cubans but need to order more.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Thanks Petr! We're celebrating Christmas on Saturday, so I'm guessing we'll smoke something special then. Ever year my dad, brother and I all cycle through and buy a special cigar for the others. We usually light up after presents and breakfast. I'm looking forward to this years especially since almost all the gars I've burned over the last 2.5 months have been while I was working... It'll be nice to sit back and relax for the first time!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are the best cigars when you can sit down and enjoy with family and friends and just shoot the breeze. I will be doing just that tomorrow at Cigars International. An open invitation to anyone who is in the Hamburg area to come on out.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Well my Oliva V maduro was too tight to enjoy. About a 3rd down I put it out and grabbed a sun grown champagne. Drinking scotch on the porch with my mom and my GF talking and drinking wine. Merry Christmas everyone. This is a fantastic smoke btw.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Well my Oliva V maduro was too tight to enjoy. About a 3rd down I put it out and grabbed a sun grown champagne. Drinking scotch on the porch with my mom and my GF talking and drinking wine. Merry Christmas everyone. This is a fantastic smoke btw.

Jay you need to find a "tool" to fix that tight cigar. I use pipe tool

Use the poker part. Stick it as far down the cigar as it will go. Loosens up the leaves and permits a better air flow

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cherokee2u,

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thanks for the suggestion!