SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Cmr that is at lot of opuses it's rare that I see that many in a retail store.

That's not in the store! That's my "guy" I was talking about earliers most recent haul. I had one of the "power rangers" while shooting sporting clays sunday.. I guess I should have gone with a longer stick as it only lasted half the course. Next time!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Exchanged gifts with my wife last night and amongst my hoard was a bottle of Macallan 12 and a Victor Sinclair 10 cigar sampler. Woooooo!

ETA: Smoking the Cafe Latte from the sampler. Just as good as any Tabak I've tried.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leemur,

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Christmas gift exchange at work, my manager got me a Gurkha Ghost, which I did not like at all! It had this weird flavor at the forefront that just ruined it for me. I smoked about half of it hoping it would get better, it didn't. He also got me a Gurkha cellar reserve 15 year, I'm leary of it since i havent met a Gurkha i like yet. Anyone here have good experience with gurkha?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Christmas gift exchange at work, my manager got me a Gurkha Ghost, which I did not like at all! It had this weird flavor at the forefront that just ruined it for me. I smoked about half of it hoping it would get better, it didn't. He also got me a Gurkha cellar reserve 15 year, I'm leary of it since i havent met a Gurkha i like yet. Anyone here have good experience with gurkha?

A few pages back I asked a similar question, it seemed the overwhelming conscious was to stay away from Gurkha until they get their house in order.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Cellar Reserve is not a horrible stick...just plain with no transitions and over priced. Since it was free though, smoke it up and give us your take on it.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the ghost I tried. The Beauty has been inconsistent. I had five and every other one was decent.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just lit up a Victor Sinclair Vintage Select torpedo. Pre-light aroma was wonderful and the draw had a bit of pepper. So far it is a smooth smoke with a slight hintvof pepper but no real flavor yet. I need to let it warm up to start releasing flavors.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I really enjoyed the ghost I tried. The Beauty has been inconsistent. I had five and every other one was decent.

Did the ghost have distinct weird (weird to me) flavor? I couldnt place it but it ruined it for me, I liked everything else about it.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The last few Gurkha's I've tried have had a taste I can only describe as "chemicals".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:

A few pages back I asked a similar question, it seemed the overwhelming conscious was to stay away from Gurkha until they get their house in order.

I also commented that Ive tried several of their offerings with nothing good to report. The black beauty was decent, not enough spice but had a good flavor.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
The last few Gurkha's I've tried have had a taste I can only describe as "chemicals".

That is why you always see them on sale or bundled with a better cigar.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Article on the Cuban cigar changes in the US. Discusses the author's top 5 or so to seek out.

I've tried a few of them, the Monte 2 is still my favorite.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/23/t...tm_medium=SocialFlow

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Article on the Cuban cigar changes in the US. Discusses the author's top 5 or so to seek out.

I've tried a few of them, the Monte 2 is still my favorite.

[url=http://nypost.com/2014/12/23/the-forbidden-cuban-cigars-you-need-to-get-your-hands-on/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebo
ok&utm_medium=SocialFlow]http://nypost.com/2014/12/23/t...tm_medium=SocialFlow[/url]

The Monte #2 is the #1 selling cuban cigar. It is a victim of its own success. Since so many are produced they are made in several factories and that affects consistency of the cigar. Your box of 25 can be made by 25 different rollers in 5 different factories.

When you get a good one it will be the best cigar you've ever smoked. Unfortunately finding a good one is luck of the draw.

I prefer to smoke the less popular cuban cigars. Fewer are produced with better consistency, usually by few rollers in one factory.

The Diplomat #2 is always good if you like the Monte #2. They are a bit harder to find but its worth the effort.

My favorite Cubans are the Ramon Allones Specially Selected, the Por Larrenaga Petite Corona and the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona. I've never had a bad one of any of these.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not digging this Victor Sinclair. It's not horrible but I have had much better. The burn is good but it doesn't have much flavor. I am also getting quite a bit of tar build up and need to clear the cigar every few puffs. I have had more than one and was not too impressed with them.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your box of 25 can be made by 25 different rollers in 5 different factories.

Wow Jeff, I didn't know that. I'm going to seek out the Diplomat that you recommended.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Punch 'punch' is one of my favorites, along with monte #4, and the RASS .

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Halfway in to the Cellar Reserve 15 year(Gurkha) and it was good until now, its started to develop that weird(chemical) flavor. Other than that it had some nice smooth mellow characteristics. I probably wont finish it if this flavor keeps up though. After work im heading to the lounge for a Liga and their 10% off sale.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My box of Tatoo 10th Anniversary arrived today...yeah!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin if you haven't found newhavanacigars.com they are the place to order Tatuaje from. I am not sure the connection to Tatuaje but they have the best selection. They have the RCs which I have never seen in a B&M. The also have their own line NHC which is blended by Pete Johnson and made by the Garcia's. Another must try are the La Verite which are out of production.

http://www.newhavanacigars.com...ntage-sampler-13.htm

http://www.newhavanacigars.com...at-brw-rc184-box.htm

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Hey all, I've been away for a bit and I see you've kept the thread alive! I've had a couple of interesting smokes while working on a very large project with my brother (the project has kept me away from the thread, but he's one of my smoking partners so we were able to burn some gars..). We both like the Kentucky fire cured enough that I got a couple more of the Hammock size and tried some of Spectres. They both have a similar pre light aroma (smokey almost barbecueish), but as I suspected the Drew Estate cigar was superior. The taste is more concentrated, and it seems to be more consistent. However, I picked up the Spectres for $2.80 a stick (on cbid) so they were worth trying and are a good putzing cigar..

You all keep tempting me with your Tatuaje reviews and comments!! I think it's probably a good thing the 10th anniversary seem to be out most online places I usually shop at. I think my wife is going to kill me if I spend any more on sticks. I haven't checked my local B&M to see if they carry the Tatuaje line, but if I can get in there maybe I can spend some cash on some to keep it under the table.. Big Grin I almost bought the pudgy monster sampler the other day (CI had a 20% the entire site for a couple of days) but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Mostly because I'd have to buy 2 samplers so I could enjoy the gars with someone else to get the most out of the experience.

Merry Christmas all, and enjoy a good gar with family or friends!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post