SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Wow! Did you have that shipped overnight?! LOL!

Nah. Fortunately there have been other avenues to seek out the occasional contraband.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jay you're 40 mins in and?

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Wow what a spice on this smoke! Very tasty, Burns the lips a little. Not sure I picked up any other flavor hints on the first third. Maybe some coffee. The draw tightened up about a 3rd down took a couple snips to fix it but its smoking good again. The 2nd 3rd has mellowed out a bit, less spice. A coffee flavor finish? An earthy/cocoa flavor. At the last third, definitely a sweet flavor forming, with the spice picking back up. Starting to mellow out and get the sweet flavor at the front . Interesting smoke. Good transitions. Cant wait to try another in better conditions. I do taste the Tootsie roll flavor. I just wish my b&m had bigger sizes of these in stock. The Robusto just wasn't enough.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jay,

May I ask what, if anything you are drinking with it? The past few years I've smoked with primarily IPA beers, now I have pretty much gone to scotch or bourbon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Jay buy some 10th anniversary but smoke the plain brown label. It is the origins of Tatuaje in fact it started in Miami being rolled by Pepin Garcia and some sizes are still rolled in Miami.

Then move into the reserva.

My favorite is the pantela Havana Cazadores

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Always scotch. Had the brown band yesterday, it was great.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Old standby La Gloria Serie R last night. First cigar in awhile.

My holiday plans:

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10523 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
YellowJacket:

You've posted a pic of my Top 3 line up!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Jay buy some 10th anniversary but smoke the plain brown label. It is the origins of Tatuaje in fact it started in Miami being rolled by Pepin Garcia and some sizes are still rolled in Miami.

Then move into the reserva.

My favorite is the pantela Havana Cazadores

Gator - thanks for the post on this. I've never smoked the brown label...sitting in the B&M now and getting ready to light one up. As part of my much needed cigar knowledge, I'm really trying to better understand the origin of my favorite smokes...thanks for the mini history lesson.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin
I challenge you to smoke a Crowned Heads Headley Grange, doubles, or drumstick if you can find it. The cigar is named after the studio Led Zepplin recorded 'When the Levee Breaks'. The owner of crowned heads wanted a cigar that embodied the drum beat in the opening of the song.

The cigar is Nicaraguan tobacco, the band says dom rep cause that is when it was rolled.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
picked up a Fuente Opus-X Perfecxion.. supposedly a 3+ hour smoke. It better be worth every damn penny and come with a happy ending Razz

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Ronin
I challenge you to smoke a Crowned Heads Headley Grange, doubles, or drumstick if you can find it. The cigar is named after the studio Led Zepplin recorded 'When the Levee Breaks'. The owner of crowned heads wanted a cigar that embodied the drum beat in the opening of the song.

The cigar is Nicaraguan tobacco, the band says dom rep cause that is when it was rolled.

Gator...I just happen to be sitting in the B&M and sure enough...jackpot! This will likely be my campfire cigar tonight. Recommend a beverage to enjoy it with?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Wow too many choices. I'm stopping by the b&m later. What should I get?

posted Hide Post
Nice pictures everyone! I love this thread!!

Jay, I am glad you enjoyed the 10th Anniversary and was able to experience the same flavors as I had

I had to work this morning and when I got home my wife needed some work done on ornaments she is making as gifts. Perfect opportunity to go to the garage and fire one up. Not much time, so I grabbed a Schizo...again. I am not sure I'll be able to have another smoke tonight but we will see. All this talk about the 10th Anniversary, I may have to pull one out!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are you in the mood for?

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I am definately grabbing another 10th anniversary.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Some spice. And maybe something creamy.

posted Hide Post
Flor da Las Antillas may serve you well.

Or a CLE Cuarenta 11/18 preferably

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Nicaraguan tobacco with a sun grown wrapper. Sounds good.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thought I would share this pic of my locker at the local B&M. Costs me just $200/year and keeps my overflow in perfect conditions.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ