SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
That trip to Davidoff ended up being more expensive than I planned for :-)

Lots of new stuff to try. I think I'll probably order a box of the Illusione Rothchildes sometime next month.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rarely smoke cigars but bought 3 at the tobacco shop where I buy my snus. The plan was to smoke them with friends on the golf course yesterday. We decided it was too hot outside to enjoy them on the golf course.
Buenaventura is the brand and they're in a plastic bag from the shop.
How long will they last without a humidor as I don't own one?

edit: I'd hate to see them go to waste and I will probably smoke one today and save the others for next week and the week after.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Depends on the conditions in your house, I would guess 10-28 days

Keep it sealed don't keep opening it up. If there is a small pouch in the bag that provides humidity it will last till the pouch dries up. They are usually.99 cents at cigar shops.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. There's not a pouch in the bag and I haven't opened it. I will probably buy a cheap humidor the next time I go to the shop. Austin is a pretty humid town and I keep my AC at 75 or 76 degrees.
Thanks.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
This is what a boveda pouch looks like. I suggest the 65% no more than 69% the summer. They are just a few bucks throw the pouch in a Tupperware with the cigars you will smoke them before the pouch dries up.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll see if they have them when I go by in a week or so. I'm sure they probably do. I'm a regular customer. I quit cigarettes a few years ago and am an avid snus user. It's the lesser of most tobacco evils. I just love me some tobacco, though.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Anything over 70 will allow tobacco beetles to hatch.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound good.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Smoke it! You should have JD light it for you.

Jay -

I sent you an e-mail.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review on the Rothschild, I'll have to refresh my memory on them.

Mekaus, if you do not smoke cigars on a regular basis, don't buy a humidor. Ask the shop if they have any empty cedar boxes and get a very tight sealing plastic container. Take the box and use the wood to put on the bottom of your plastic container. You can drill holes in it if you would like and raise it up also. Then get a Bovida pouch and place it under the wood. Humidity rises so the holes will help it to "circulate" in there. Once the wood and cigars placed in there reaches the Bovida pack humidity, the pack will last for months without needing to be replaced.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I'm up in Richmond, VA for work. Anyone know of any must see cigar shops?

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://apps.cigaraficionado.com/

Try this app out. While I do not know which shop is killer, this will tell you shops closest to your location.

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Thank's, petr. There are a lot.of.shops around here, but from google they all look small. I'm going to look around tomorrow afternoon

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
First off thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing their knowledge and expertise. Based on what I have I picked up from here, I think I scored a pretty decent haul from my trip to The Cigar House in San Juan. Actually it was two trips but I smoked two of the sticks already!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Beauty of a line up! I've only smoked the Monte white but I loved it.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Furlough -

Excellent selection. Of what's shown, the UF 13 are my absolute favorite, what is the additional label on that Liga 9? I've never seen that before.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice pick ups, I found their selection and pricing to be great. I also enjoyed a cocktail and smoking in the two story space. Putting those together and that's why it is my favorite cigar bar / store.

Ronin that's where I got your L-40.

They had a Tatuaje (Gran Conjonu) I thought was fake because I'd never seen one before. If you make it back there let me know I will work out a trade or payment.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
They had a Drew Estate event there the last weekend of June. This was a box-pressed special for the event. One of the walls of the smoking lounge has a huge Drew Estate Lounge painted on it. The owner of the place said you could only get that cigar in his store. I honestly have no idea if that is true or how often something like that happens.

And Ronin your pictures of the UF-13s were what caused me to grab them!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post