SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice well done^^^^^^^^^^ Cool

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My humidors were half empty and the above got me ordering. All 5 packs, all in the 5x50ish range:

Liga Undercrown
MUWAT
Alec Bradley Black Market
Asylum 13
Monte White Label
Excaliber Epicure
Kuba Kuba
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore Reserve
Camacho Conneticut

I'm a noob still, please keep the thread and suggestions coming!

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cookster

What did I learn tonight? The folks in this thread have pretty damn good taste is see-gars.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12369 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! Just wow! That there will fill up your humidor with just one of each. Thanks for taking the time to put them all in one place.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just had some Ave Maria Immaculata arrive. Damn fine smokes and I got them for less than $4 each delivered.

Posts: 13776 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridja75:
I stumbled across a Gurkha Ghost in my humidor that I don't remember purchasing or being given, decided to smoke it while walking the dogs... Normally I opt for unknowns/infused/cheapy gift sticks when walking because 1) the dogs behave poorly and 2) I spend a lot of time picking up crap!

This was a very interesting smoke, TONS of smoke poured out of the thing. Very earthy with some coffee and spice. Call me crazy but I also tasted meat, or a grilling taste. Wasn't bad, can't say it was great. Maybe I'll give it another go with some steak and a deep red wine.

I've have several Gurkha's that do that, burn wildly like a pile of leaves smouldering, taste like you're breathing in campfire smoke not quality cigar smoke, and it's happened on different blends from them but it's always Gurkhas that do it. JMO it's a dry cigar or bad tobacco in that cigar.

Not all do it, many are very good.

Great list of ceegars....

I've found a local store Corona carries a JFR brand, $7 a stick, maduros are deep chocolate color and have a smooth flavor, drink one with a Guinness and it's a fantastic mix.

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leemur, good deal on the sticks

I have only had one Gurka and it was way overpriced and one dimensional. The quality of it wasn't the best either. I have heard a lot about them blowing up in minutes of lighting them. I'll put my money elsewhere.

This afternoon I am smoking an A. J. Fernandez New World that is quite good so far. Iamalso drinking a Shiner Oktoberfest that is pretty good too.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had a Gurkha Ghost and loved it. I'll try others based on that one but after reading the above it'll be single sticks instead of a box.

Posts: 13776 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tatuaje cigars seem to be enjoyed by a good handful here. I may have to try a couple of those, along with some others.

Posts: 3509 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Tatuaje. This evening I am enjoying a Chuck out of the Pudgy Monster box and a Penn Brewery Oktoberfest. Another day closer to the weekend!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying a Stone Xocoveza stout and a habano Nub. Damn fine pair if you can swing it. Nub is fast becoming my go to smoke.

posted Hide Post
Cookster, have you been to the shop at 309 and Tilghman St.?

posted Hide Post
How hoppy is that Stone? If you like the standard Nub, try an Oliva "V" nub

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You can't really pick out the hops very well because of all the other flavors but it still rocks. Haven't seen that Nub. Is it new?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Cookster, have you been to the shop at 309 and Tilghman St.?

Hi petr,

Yes, I live pretty close to that shop. I will usually pick a stick up there if I want something different than what's already in my humidor. Since I do not keep Acid's in my humi, I'll grab one from that shop when I'm in the mood for a flavored (which isn't all that often).

Rob

Posts: 3509 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rob, same here but I never went in to check it out...yet.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Caldwell "long live the king" Toro 6x52. My first from this line and I really like this cigar.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
petr,

The place is cozy inside with a couch and a few comfy chairs for those who wish to stick around and smoke their purchase.

It's no CI, but their selection is o.k. and prices are fair.

Rob

posted Hide Post
Rob, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. There may be some sticks that CI does not have.

posted Hide Post
Rob, I stopped by the shop today. They have a nice selection in there of different sticks than what is at CI. A little cheaper too. I managed to pick up another A. J. Fernandez New World, an Opus X and an Anajo Shark. I did see another that I was very tempted to grab until I saw the price. Fuente Opus X Siglo...$40 per cigar!! It is a good stick, but not $40 good. Thanks for the heads up as it looks a little "shady" from the outside.