SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
cmr076:

Excuse me while I drool a little bit! Those are 4 fine sticks you've got there...very nice!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Cant wait for my Anejos to get here. I haven't tried an opus x yet. May have to splurge after Christmas. I am trying to save up for the Texas cigar festival that my b&m puts on.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
XXX's? I had my first this year. Quite tastey and not overly expensive either.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Considering 2014 is almost done how about we discuss what we're you favorite cigars of 2014 (released this year)

For me
Crowned Heads TAA Angels Anvil
Tatuaje black label corona gorda
Tatuaje 10th anniversary (any vitola but the pantela is my favorite)
Caldwell "long live the king"

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Gator:

Regarding your "Best of 2014" question, it is uncanny how similar our cigar taste are. I will match your enjoyment on a few and add:

Tatuaje black label corona gorda
Tatuaje 10th anniversary (this may be my favorite ever)
Crux Bull and Bear
Liga Privada Feral Pig
Alec Bradley Tempus
2014 Tatuaje Monster - Jekyll

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I havent tried any on those 2 lists, I am also new to this so idk whats new for this year. But now i have a list to try out.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://halfwheel.com/2014-new-cigars

That should help, Jay.

My list for favorites this year:
AJ Fernandez-New World
Crowned Heads-Las Calaveras
My Father-La Antiguidad
My Father-Connecticut
Tatuaje-10th Anniversary

I also enjoyed another new release from this year tonight. The Viaje Zombie Antidote, but I think the five above are a tad bit better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petr,

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The new world is very good and a great value at $6-7.

Las Calaveras is a Crowned Heads cigar made in the My Father factory but Jon Huber came up with blend. Similar to Tatuaje by Pete Johnson being made by the Garcia's (My Father). Crowned Heads also has Jericho Hill, Double W, Mason Dixon (North and South) and Tennessee Waltz all made by my father. JH and Mason Dixon are very good the others are limited only sold in Tennessee. Even though I'm a Crowned Heads fan boy i havent tracked themdown yet.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fixed it. I remembered hearing about My Father being a part of it and that is why I screwed up. Thanks for clearing it up.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Feeling great that this cigar is in everyone's top group so far!
quote:
Tatuaje-10th Anniversary

Tonight I am enjoying a Jose Blanco Senorial 65th Anniversary. Just showed up at the B&M.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Feeling great that this cigar is in everyone's top group so far!
quote:
Tatuaje-10th Anniversary

Of all the ones I've had. Three distinct transitions with great flavors. I love how it goes from coffee, to espresso, to Tootsie Roll as the stick burns.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Anyone tried an Aging Room f55? Just got one in my sampler pack, also got a Nub double maduro. Someone here reviewed the Nub sampler pack and gave it good reviews.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've had the Nub sampler and it is one really solid lineup. Haven't had the double maduro but I plan on trying it. Enjoying one of my last Man o' War Virtue on what may be one of the last nice days outside.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Now I'm looking forward to it.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If you like full bodied smokes then try to find a Oliva V Nub. It'll blow your mind.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
If you like full bodied smokes then try to find a Oliva V Nub. It'll blow your mind.

Is it branded Nub or Oliva?

I see a Cain Nub, that is advertised as a full flavored powerhouse. Could this be it?
http://www.cigarsinternational...9/cain-nub-by-oliva/

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
cmr076:

Excuse me while I drool a little bit! Those are 4 fine sticks you've got there...very nice!

deeeeee-licious. I had to get more today Razz I've been paying $14/stick for them.. he tells me he could sell them online for $30-40?!?! I got 4 more today from him.. I will have to make these last, he's cutting me off after these Confused

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay, It is Oliva branded, size 460, about $10 each at CI. One of my favorite cigars right there!

About half way down the page:

http://www.cigarsinternational...10163/oliva-serie-v/

They are cheaper, per stick, in the store for some reason.

posted Hide Post
I had a Nub Double Maduro, but it wasn't box pressed. It was good, but smoke that before the Oliva Nub, in my opinion.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I dont really like the nub size, the double maduro was decent. I will give the V a try, but maybe in a double robusto.