SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot, I'll see what I can get my hands on.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Opinions on Man o' War?

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had any Man o' War. There have been others that have and seem to enjoy them, though I didn't get around to trying any...yet.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Padron has a good Churchill. Romeo y Julietta has a decent maduro. Another good maduro is the Nub double maduro or the Camacho triple maduro.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Man O war are an A J Fernandez Nicaraguan cigar. I think they were in the 5-7 dollar price range. A pretty decent smoke if I remember correctly.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Opinions on Man o' War?

I like the man-o-war armada best. Then ruination, then man-o-war (I'm not a virtue fan). The ruination has the most punch and is definitely a full bodied gar.. Everyone I've had regardless of size and blend has had a great build/construction and good draw.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
What was it about the Virtue you didn't like goatboyz? That's the one I was looking at because I enjoy connecticut cigars.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am sitting outside smoking a Tatuaje pudgy Mummy. Pretty good so far, picking up hints of pepper and dough. Maybe some nuttiness to it as well.

On another note: I just got an email from CI. They have a 5 pack of Man o' War Ruination belicosos for $20 this month.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
What was it about the Virtue you didn't like goatboyz? That's the one I was looking at because I enjoy connecticut cigars.

It was just too mild for me. It had good construction, but it just wasn't fulfilling enough..

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is going to be in the Hamburg, PA area for Cabelas or Cigars International, I'm planning on going this Friday evening.

Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Can a cigar be snuffed out and saved for later or is it a one shot deal?

Posts: 3236 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never snuff out a cigar. It is best to smoke the whole thing in one sitting. If you do need to put it down for later, let it burn out on its own. When you go to relight it, cut off about an inch from the lit end and relight. It will not taste the same as before until it gets heated back up again and you will need to blow through it to clear it out more often until the flavors come back. It will be rough tasting for a bit and that is why it is frowned upon.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Never snuff out a cigar. It is best to smoke the whole thing in one sitting. If you do need to put it down for later, let it burn out on its own. When you go to relight it, cut off about an inch from the lit end and relight. It will not taste the same as before until it gets heated back up again and you will need to blow through it to clear it out more often until the flavors come back. It will be rough tasting for a bit and that is why it is frowned upon.

^
This

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
Sitting out as often as I can before the weather turns cold. So...this evening I am smoking a Diesel Shorty with about 6 months of age in my humidor. What a great smoke! The age has turned this stick from a nicotine injection to a full bodied, flavor bomb. Coffee with a hint of dark chocolate and a bit of leather are present at the moment. Still no slouch on the nicotine, but no where near how it was fresh out of the box 6 months ago.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just placed my pre-order for the 2014 Tatuaje Monster “Jekyll” in mid October.

The cigar is a 7 x 49 Churchill cigar. I don't know for sure, but from what I can tell, the Jekyll looks to be more medium bodied, like the Mummy. Next year, he will release the “Hyde” which will be more full.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you order a dress box or is it a lottery?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Did you order a dress box or is it a lottery?

Buying from my local B and M. there is a pecking order, and while I have spent lots of money and bought lots of product, I am still somewhere in the middle.

They are only getting a small supply, my guess is that a lot of older guys are going to have to literally die off before I see a dressed box!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around here they do a lottery so it doesn't matter how much you spend or where you fall on the list.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Tatuaje TAA have shipped. They returned the blend to the 2014, 2015 blend with just a change in size. The 2014 was the best noncuban cigar I have ever had. Keep an eye for these as well.

Ronin enjoy your box, but I know you will.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am having a tat tattoo. Not bad for a $5-6 cigar. I am watching the end of the Yankee game and first half of the Ucla AZ game.

Very linear and the second half is definitely better than the first half.

Chi Chi, get the yayo