SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The temp climbed into the 50s so I'm on the porch with a Flor de las Antillas toro. Hard to beat the aroma of this one.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Is the prometheus your humidor? I often find myself gazing through the glasstop of my humidor. Sometimes i will open it up and get a wiff of the different smells.

Jay - it is my humidor. Come winter it holds humidity, (and scents) like a vault!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Perdomo Champagne connecticut, toro (6x54) is a great smoke to puff on here and there at work. Lasts me all day with the last third to enjoy right before the drive home.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
La Aurora corona rubusto tonight. I got this in a sampler pack about a month ago. Not a bad cigar, but far from good. I am trying to get rid of the junk over time to make room for the good stuff in the future. I still have some no names that may surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje 10th anniversary Regios with a glass of rye whiskey. Nice combination the 10th anniversary is such a refined smooth cigar it goes well with a spicy rye. Will switch to water shortly. These go out of production this year if they haven't already, they will be around for a long time but will be gone eventually.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Tatuaje 10th anniversary Regios with a glass of rye whiskey. Nice combination the 10th anniversary is such a refined smooth cigar it goes well with a spicy rye. Will switch to water shortly. These go out of production this year if they haven't already, they will be around for a long time but will be gone eventually.

great minds! Smoking the same cigar right now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So this morning I was looking for something different to smoke with my coffee. I tried a box-pressed Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 77, aka “The Shark”. What an enjoyable stick, the wrapper and foot emit the faint scent of sweet cocoa pre-light and that taste gets creamier with coffee.

I didn't know how rare this one was until I did a little reading about it, tomorrow I head back to the B&M to pick up a few extras to keep in the humidor for safe keeping!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Inch Short Run tonight. Time to refill the humidor. I need to pick up some of my favorites this week.

Posts: 11250 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Perdomo barrel aged 12 year Connecticut.

Scents of bourbon and caramel. These are aged in bales then aged in bourbon barrels. Upon lighting it I'm hit with that familiar Nicaraguan spice/zing. Which quickly went mild. Lots of good flavors here some sweet aftertaste, some spice, some cocoa and a really smooth feeling in my mouth.

The build and roll is almost perfect, almost seamless with a stout cap. So far the burn is perfect at just over an inch of ash. Lots of very thick smoke and a great aroma. While this is a tasty and great cigar the first 3rd is a bit too mild for me.

Not much transition here until the second half. Then I'm hit with more spice, kind of different not the Nicaraguan pepper I'm used to. Lots of cream! Some coffee and cocoa. Its like smoking coffee and cream with some holiday spice. Very good, still too mild but altogether its incredible. I'm at just about 2/3s in and I would rate this a 9.5/10 so far. My second ash is still going strong at almost an inch and a half. This stick would be a fantastic after breakfast smoke with some coffee.

I had to tap the second ash off at 2"s! The last 3rd has some heavy spice pepper kicking in, still has the creamy coffee flavor too. The aroma is great, my neighbor just popped his head over the fence and complimented me on it. I'm close to the nub and the spice has gotten a bit stronger I still rate it a 9.5.

On another note. I went to the b&m and bought a 25 pack of Perdomo fresco sun grown on the recommendation of an old guy who bought 100 Churchills. I sat and smoked one with him watching some football. Turns out he's a ww2 vet so I asked him what his alltime favorite smoke was and bought him one. Now on the frescos. What a damn fine smoke for 2$ a piece. Lots of spice, nice and smooth out of the wrapper. These are great if you want something disposable or to give to noobs etc. You wouldn't think they were so cheap I wouldn't hesitate to buy more. Especially at that price.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent choices in cigars Gentlemen! The "Shark" is a great cigar, but locally, they are $18 each. I have not had that Perdomo, but have had others that were pretty good. Brad, I never heard of the Inch. Dog rocket or a decent cigar?

Friday I went to CI and got a few more of the CLE Cuarenta's, only in robusto size this time. I like the 11/18 size better but it was still a good smoke.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Going with a known favorite this afternoon. Perdomo lot 23 maduro. I may dabble with something new tonight. This one has been aging awhile. 5-6 months. Tastes alot better than I remember. Has a buttery flavor to it.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Perdomo champagne epicure(Churchill) an all around good smoke. Mild and smooth yet enough spice and transition to keep it interesting.

posted Hide Post
Diesel Shorty while sweeping a dusting of snow off of the porch. Damn chilly outside for daily smokes.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Is the prometheus your humidor? I often find myself gazing through the glasstop of my humidor. Sometimes i will open it up and get a wiff of the different smells.

Jay - it is my humidor. Come winter it holds humidity, (and scents) like a vault!

Would love to see a pic of your Prometheus. Are they worth the money?

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Would love to see a pic of your Prometheus. Are they worth the money?

Jay,

Here are a few pics. Obviously I need to leave the photography to the pros.
In regards to being worth the money, I will tell you this. Typically in the winter I need to empty my humidors into ziplocks and take all the good stuff to my locker at the local B&M. With this Prometheus, it locks humidity like a vault, winter or summer. Absolutely amazing! Not to mention, it is more a beautiful piece of furniture vs. a box sitting on a desk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Diesel Shorty while sweeping a dusting of snow off of the porch. Damn chilly outside for daily smokes.

Don't I know it! Since we don't have a significant amount of snow yet, I've ordered some wood so I can have an occasional campfire in the evenings and sit outside relatively warm.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Very nice humidor.

Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice humidor.

^^^^ +1

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
FYI Emerson has Anejo 5 packs online, prices are pretty good as well.

http://www.emersonscigars.com/...jo.aspx#.VIotusso7qA

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
FYI Emerson has Anejo 5 packs online, prices are pretty good as well.

http://www.emersonscigars.com/...jo.aspx#.VIotusso7qA

Oh man, thanks for that!

Guys, this is a really great price on a premium and quite rare cigar. Try the Shark, you won't regret it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ