SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
They look much bigger than that, lol, Robusto or double robusto are my favorite size. I couldnt wait either, id smoke as soon as i opened the box.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin what do you use for a humidor do you have a winedor yet. I ask cause I saw one at home Depot it was a wine fridge already set up as a humidor, shelves, drawers etc. Price was really good also.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who'd-a-thunk-it?! Home Depot having humidors!!! All the work is done with the cedar shelves. I wonder how the reliability is of the unit itself though?

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Ronin what do you use for a humidor do you have a winedor yet. I ask cause I saw one at home Depot it was a wine fridge already set up as a humidor, shelves, drawers etc. Price was really good also.

I do not have a Winador yet, sounds interesting though. Currently I use a Prometheus Humidor for my high quality sticks, and a 100 ct. cedar chest for everything else. I'm fortunate that the local B&M I frequent offers a locker membership, so when I begin to get overflowed I have a safe place to put those boxes.

Here is a link to the deal at Home Depot...very interesting...I may be the Sig Forum guinea pig this winter!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Why...5392987?N=5yc1vZc6xe

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Like PETR said the shelves and drawers make it a reasonable price. Between the time to convert a wine cooler and buy the drawers (usually you have to wait months) it seems like a decent price, I'm seriously tempted as well.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing what looks like the same unit for less dollars on Amazon. I'm going to check out a few more reviews and may pull the trigger on this tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-...umidor/dp/B00KO90H6Y

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12372 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The local B&M has an annual member's smoker from 8am-10am every Thanksgiving, a great way to begin the day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This morning I am enjoying a CRUX "Bull and Bear" paired with a Sprecher rootbeer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving!! I think today it will be one of these, unless I change and smoke one the Oliva V DR Maduro.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3426 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving I'm having a A J Fernandez new world, later possibly a Tatuaje 10th anniversary depending on the weather.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving all! I smoked another Schizo this morning while clearing snow in preparation of the family gathering. I hope everyone had a safe and joyous day today.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Trying to plan for tomorrow morning with a couple of buddies. Anyone have a recommendation for a solid cigar to pair with coffee?

I'm considering a Drew Estates Kentucky Fire Cured. Thoughts?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I had an Arganese breakfast blend natural that was great. If not that, a Man O War Virtue, a CLE Cuarenta might be very good with a cup of Joe. Either way, enjoy your morning smoke.

posted Hide Post
Oh, the Fire Cured May be a good match too, kind of like a porter beer. Smokey coffee

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Trying to plan for tomorrow morning with a couple of buddies. Anyone have a recommendation for a solid cigar to pair with coffee?

I'm considering a Drew Estates Kentucky Fire Cured. Thoughts?

I second the cle. A Connecticut would be great with a cup of joe.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Today was more hectic than unwas hoping it would be. So I did not get to smoke either the Perdomo 20th anniversary or the montecristo espada. I will make time this weekend and post my experience. Happy thanksgiving.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Local B&M had their Black-Friday special today. I picked up a 5 pack of Fuente Lost City for half off MSRP...damn good deal from a B&M!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
CI has a pack of 4 Padron maduro robusto for 24$ free shipping, should i jump on this? I have yet to try padron and hear good things.

ETA looking at the normal price its not really a deal.

posted Hide Post
I wasn't impressed with the Lost City for it's price, but I'd like it more for under 20 a stick. Just didn't think the one I had was worth 34.

My brother and I had a couple cigars in my garage yesterday. He had a Nica Rustica and I had a Padron 1964.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, that is a good deal on Opus! By the way, what did you end up having with your coffee this morning?

Jay, for $6 a piece, that isn't a bad deal, Padron makes a solid stick.

Skalls, good choice for a Thanksgiving cigar!

Me on the other hand was not able to smoke anything today. I was one of the many out and about today. Tomorrow on the other hand may be a different story.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Petr:

I went with the Drew Estate Fire Cured with coffee initially, but then switch over to the Sprecher Root-beer. Quite honestly I think it tasted better with the root-beer. The smoky flavor of the cigar diluted the flavor of the coffee to essentially drinking hot water. With the root-beer it reduced the sweetness of the drink some, very cool actually. I'd smoke this again under those circumstances.

Jay: I absolutely 2nd what Petr said. Patron makes a good stick, very good. Anytime between now and Cyber Monday is a great time to find amazing online smoke deals.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ