SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Box of Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997 just arrived at my local B&M...they only got two boxes, I snatched one up...can't wait for tonight!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I just finished a My Father Connecticut churchill. Great googly moogly that thing was unreal. Best smoke I've had by far.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Damn those look good, please give a review.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leemur, Was that the Le Bijou Connecticut?

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting out this evening smoking something WAYYY different for me. An Isla del Sol that was given to me by someone just starting to smoke cigars. Not horrible by any means, just not my kind of stick. Flavored tip that lingers and in the final quarter a hint of cocoa. I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Sitting out this evening smoking something WAYYY different for me. An Isla del Sol that was given to me by someone just starting to smoke cigars. Not horrible by any means, just not my kind of stick. Flavored tip that lingers and in the final quarter a hint of cocoa. I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend!

Petr:

Those are made by Drew Estates and a decent morning coffee cigar if you ever do that type of thing. That infused cocoa flavor really hits the spot with good cup of black coffee.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I burned a "Reckoning" by Studio Tabac yesterday and thought that it was very good.

Here is The Katman's review which I thought was representative of the cigar.

Posts: 3515 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, yes that is the perfect scenario for that cigar.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Box of Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997 just arrived at my local B&M...they only got two boxes, I snatched one up...can't wait for tonight!

NICE! I've been trying to find those for a while, but I could only ever find a box online. I'm curious how they are… Let us know!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Leemur, Was that the Le Bijou Connecticut?

Um...I have no idea. Sorry.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked it up on CI's website. It appears as though it may have been the My Father CT series. I know they are coming out with the Le Bijou Connecticut though too.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997

Goatboyz:

Have only smoked one so far, tighter draw than I had expected, but very well constructed, never had to re-light.

I got an inch-plus ash out of it, and the tobacco leaf left a sugary taste on my lips.

Looks similar to a Liga, but not nearly the heavy smoke you would expect..it was much lighter and airier -

A couple times I had to correct the beginning of a canoe, but it was windier than I like when smoking a premium, can't blame the construction on that just yet.

I see JR is doing singles now, (hell of a lot cheaper than I pay at my B&M), but since you've been looking for them, send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I will let you have one to try...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Goatboyz:

Have only smoked one so far, tighter draw than I had expected, but very well constructed, never had to re-light.

I got an inch-plus ash out of it, and the tobacco leaf left a sugary taste on my lips.

Looks similar to a Liga, but not nearly the heavy smoke you would expect..it was much lighter and airier -

A couple times I had to correct the beginning of a canoe, but it was windier than I like when smoking a premium, can't blame the construction on that just yet.

I see JR is doing singles now, (hell of a lot cheaper than I pay at my B&M), but since you've been looking for them, send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I will let you have one to try...

Wow, how generous! I won't refuse, but that wasn't begging or a hint! You'll find an email incoming shortly. I'm not familiar with JR (or at least I can't think of what it is). Can you enlighten me?

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
www.jrcigars.com

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/

These are typically my go-to when I tire of paying inflated Minnesota state tax at the local B&M.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
JR is a mystical place in North Carolina known for their cigar and smoking products related catalog. They have a store in Statesville,NC which is a hoot. The front of the store is part Dollar General and part Harbor Freight. Then they have this really nice cigar room in the back. It is huge, wonderful, and a blast to visit.
Jrcigar.com

quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
quote:
quote:

Goatboyz:

Wow, how generous! I won't refuse, but that wasn't begging or a hint! You'll find an email incoming shortly. I'm not familiar with JR (or at least I can't think of what it is). Can you enlighten me?
The front of the store is part Dollar General and part Harbor Freight. (I think there are 2 or 3 others as well.) Then they have this really nice cigar room in the back. It is huge, wonderful, and a blast to visit.

Jrcigars.com

quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
quote:
quote:

Goatboyz:

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
www.jrcigars.com

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/

These are typically my go-to when I tire of paying inflated Minnesota state tax at the local B&M.

Good to know. I typically go to CI or:

Cigar.com

Cigarbid.com

cigar monster (Famous Smoke)

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to look for that Connecticut the next time I'm up at CI. I really have not found a Pepin stick I didn't like.

Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
Any recommendations for a good, relatively inexpensive maduro Churchill? I am on vacation and looking for something good for the beach.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ardbeg:
Any recommendations for a good, relatively inexpensive maduro Churchill? I am on vacation and looking for something good for the beach.

We've smoked several of these Xikars lately and liked them (plus they're really pretty inexpensive).

Xikar HC

I've smoked the spark plug and camshaft, and both have been amazing.

CAO Flathead

These never disappoint, and if a maduro wrapper is good then 2 must be better..

CAO MX2

Hope that helps. There are a ton more on CI that I like, but pretty soon it's info overload. Good luck.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.