SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
JR Halloween and CI Mummy load both arrived tonight. JR has let me down for the final time on their mystery specials. 3 or 4 that "maybe" retail over $8, the rest were all $4 to $5 dogs. I'm not being snobby, I just don't feel like I got "a deal".

The Mummyload on the other hand...NICE!!!!!! Very impressed!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I'm not being snobby

I'll admit to being a cigar snob.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The Jason I had last night was pretty good, it was much more mellow than when the were released.

To expound on the snob comment from above, I don't smoke that many cigars each week. During the summer three was a lot, during the winter maybe one. So if I only smoke two cigars I choose cigars I like and know I will enjoy. I have been smoking cigars since the mid nineties and I have chased the best cigars at the middle price point $4-$7 and I just don't choose to do that anymore.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the same way to an extent. I do enjoy trying different cigars, as my posts have indicated, though I do have my "old reliable" few for when I just need to relax and not think about a cigar. Most times I have a hard time paying over $15 for a cigar that will end up going up in smoke. I'm not saying I do not do it, but I think twice when I do. When the price is $20 or more, I really ponder that!

I have found that there are quite a few cigars that are overpriced and do not chase after most of those, for example, Drew Estates. There are a few that I really enjoy, but $17+ a stick is too much. Tatuaje on the other hand has a few quality cigars that are just as good, if not better, for $10 each. Then there is the $5-$10 class. This is where the majority of my cigars are from. Not because I'm cheap, but because there are so many cigars available in this area. Good, quality built cigars that won't break the bank. I tend to stay away from the below $5 area unless there is a recommendation from someone who has the same palate as myself.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ezra Zion Reagan Presidente great cigar complex medium to full.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Last night I was able to smoke a Fuente Anejo Shark. What a splendid cigar from start to finish. As I sat in CI looking at all the cigars, my mind was persuaded into a Pepin JJ maduro...the last one in the place. I also picked up two more of the Blend Lab YH-456.
I looked at, and picked up a Montecristo White. Though for the $9.75 they wanted, I figured I would wait until they go on sale...or just say the hell with it and pick one up anyway.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a cigar lounge Saturday afternoon. Looking at my fellow smokers I felt like the kid in the room and I was born before 1955.

Of the folks still following this thread, are any of you under 50? 40? I'm curious if cigar smoking is dying out among younger people.

Posts: 693 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 38. I tend to see a broad spectrum of ages when I go to Cigars International. They have a mix of ages that work there, too. From college students to middle age that really know cigars that may help as well. There are kids both male and female that come in as well as many older folks. Maybe it was the time of day or the size or location of the shop you visited.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
45 -smoking cigars for many years. My three other friends who smoke as much or more than me are 31, 44, and 40. If anything, cigar smoking is sparking a new generation with the selection of premium cigars out there today.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I'm 56 and have been smoking them since college when I'd get an A&C Grenadier at the student union newsstand and then sit and smoke it. Imagine smoking a cigar in the union these days. But then I had professors who smoked a pipe during class. Smile

Enjoying a CAO Gold in the comfort of my living room. I feel bad for those who have to retreat to the porch or garage to enjoy a stick. I'm blessed that my wife enjoys the aroma.

Posts: 11250 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I am 33. Just got started on this great adventure of cigar smoking. Some co workers who are around my age got me into it. I thank them everyday. Perdomo lot 23 tonight, last nights champagne noir didn't go to well. It was rolled too tight and I ended up putting it out. They cant all be winners . I frequent a b&m/lounge and I see people my age or older. Some younger but not many.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad, it would be nice to be able to smoke indoors as my wife smokes cigarettes. Though I make her smoke outside, not only due to the kids, but the smoke wreaks havoc on electronics and such. So...I smoke outside as well.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I'm 32 and been smoking cigars since 18. Smoking fairly regularly for about 10 years. And regular for me is average 1-2 per month. Sometimes 5 or 6 a month, sometimes I'll go 3 months in between.

I'm sure that's probably a lot less than many in this thread.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10522 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
just lighting up a Monte White that I got in the JR Halloween deal. One of the few in the deal I was actually excited about.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

Enjoying a CAO Gold in the comfort of my living room. I feel bad for those who have to retreat to the porch or garage to enjoy a stick. I'm blessed that my wife enjoys the aroma.

Actually, I live alone. I don't want everything I own to smell like cigars. I hang my coat in the spare bathroom to air out after I burn one.

Posts: 693 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Perdomo champagne 10 year Connecticut. The last 3 of these have been aging for just over 6 months now and this one is quite tasty.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'm 42 and until this year I was a very infrequent cigar smoker, maybe 4 a year. More disposable income and friends that are into quality smokes got me enjoying them more frequently.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday after work in the waining sunlight, I fired up a Schizo. I had to fill some potholes in the driveway...one shovelful at a time. Just enough work for the robusto size. I have all day to think about what I want this evening after work as it is supposed to be mid to upper 60's today.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Yesterday after work in the waining sunlight, I fired up a Schizo. I had to fill some potholes in the driveway...one shovelful at a time. Just enough work for the robusto size. I have all day to think about what I want this evening after work as it is supposed to be mid to upper 60's today.

Envious. More of the temp than the cigar. I likely won't see 60's again until May. <sigh>

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Well for special occasions, a Liga Privada #9 from Drew Estate. For everyday stogies anything that has Oliva on the band.

Posts: 167 | Location: Central Florida-Behind the orange safety cones | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post