SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
tatuaje black band corona gorda. I've got some boutique cigars on the way so I thought I would spend some time with old favorites for this week and next.

On the way are Paul Stulac and Caldwell (long live the king).

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
3yo Partagas Lusitania on the deck by my pond tonight.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Those kentucky fire cured have me curious. Was there any bourbon hints or flavours? CI had them cheap last week.

I smoked one today with my father (Fat molly 5x56). I'm getting over a head cold, so my tastes were a bit more muted than I'd planned on. Quite honestly, it was so smokey that I couldn't taste hints of any other flavors… In fact, we smoked a Sancho Panza Super Fuerte after and there was such a strong finish that the Fuerte was overpowered too. I'm looking forward to trying another, and seeing what it tastes like when I'm not sick.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sam Adams octoberfest and a Perdomo 10th anniversary maduro. My new favorite cigar. These pair very well together and I am going to buy a box of these to age in my humidor now. Absolutely delicious.

I'd hurry. The email I got from CI or Cigars.com (I can't remember) a while ago said they are going to discontinue the 10 year… I'm not sure how much longer you'll be able to find them. FYI, I've had a 20 year, and thought it was just as good. You might find some of them on cigarbid.com still.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I managed to order a box of robusto. Also a grocery store near me has some I plan on buying out.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I managed to order a box of robusto. Also a grocery store near me has some I plan on buying out.

Nice! It looks like cigarbid has almost none left. They were one of our (my father, brother, and I) favorites, and had a regular rotation in our humidors. Enjoy the ones you get!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
I was in the vicinity of CI this morning and since I'm down to 100 sticks in the humidor, I figured I may as well stop. Schizo's are in the house!! Bought a bundle of 20 robusto 5x50 for $28. These are 2nds made by Asylum and are very good, especially for the price. Now I don't have to smoke the good ones if I don't want to.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
How are the CI legends line? The red label(Perdomo) could be a great deal at 3$ a stick.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm curious as well. I see they have a sampler of all of them, I'm just not sure I want to dive into them.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Maybe next time you're near the store you could grab a single and sample it for us?

posted Hide Post
I may have to do that. I can definitely ask one of the staff for their opinion and go from there.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
The CI Legends Red label is a pretty good stick. To be honest, I liked the RP and Graycliff better (I've not had any of them in some time). If I was going to try another label it would either be the white (Camacho) or olive (AJ Fernandez). The Perdomo was a solid medium bodied cigar with pleasant notes of chocolate, cedar, and a woody flavor. The ones that I smoked had a somewhat veiny wrapper with a rustic feel. I would say it's about on par with a Lot 23...

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Having a Diesel shorty tonight from a CI sampler pack, liking this tonight, paired with a Hacker-Pschorr Octoberfest.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Torano Exodus 50 year. Just fired it up. So far I like it.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
That sounds pretty good for a 3$ cigar. I might see if I can get a box on the make me an offer deal.

posted Hide Post
Rather chilly tonight while I smoke a Tatuaje pudgy Face. Pretty spicy in the first quarter mellowing out to a doughy bread flavor in the second quarter.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
Having a Diesel shorty tonight from a CI sampler pack, liking this tonight, paired with a Hacker-Pschorr Octoberfest.

How much age was on the Shorty? If you get more, let them age at least 6 months. They get better flavors but lose the nicotine punch.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
About halfway through a habano Nub right now. Damn fine smoke IMO.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'm smoking a CAO Brazilia Amazon Basin right now. Very nice cigar so far. Interesting notes to this one… I'm trying to put my finger on something that I'm picking up. I think it's an earth, woody, forest note. Its almost like your smoking the smells you find when walking through a moist forest/jungle.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Tabak Especial dulce right now. Excellent coffee break.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post