SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Congratulations YJ

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Congrats Yellow Jacket!

Tonight I am smoking a Tatajue Halloween Monster

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an Arturo Fuente maduro tonight. Smoking it was meh but it had quite a pleasant aftertaste.

Posts: 693 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tat pudgy monster short robusto with the white band. It's okay nothing to write home about.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the Tiff. Same opinion here on that one. Fasten your seatbelt for the others though!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smoked a LaGloria Cubana #2 last tonight with a Summit Octoberfest - what else is there to even say. Sheesh that little island can still put out a solid cigar!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only one from the island that I remember is the Monte #2. I have had others while overseas, but do not remember what they were.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
The only one from the island that I remember is the Monte #2. I have had others while overseas, but do not remember what they were.

Monte #2 is my gold standard (I'm sure someone will quickly come in and disagree), but that LaGloria really gave it a run for the money. Tonight I try a lancero version of the same cigar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Tonight I am sitting at CI and smoked a Tatuaje Jekyll. Wow! What a great cigar! Pepper, cocoa, just a great combination of flavors. $13 a stick. Now I am smoking a CI Blend lab YH-456. Another wonderful cigar.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tonight I am sitting at CI and smoked a Tatuaje Jekyll. Wow! What a great cigar! Pepper, cocoa, just a great combination of flavors. $13 a stick. Now I am smoking a CI Blend lab YH-456. Another wonderful cigar.

I so agree with you on on the Jekyll...I bought a box from our B&M...they go in the "good" humidor!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
I am a novice, but to date, my favorite is a Fuente maduro. In fact, I have a hankering for one now.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4912 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man O'War Virtue this evening. I couldn't wait any longer! I am about an inch in and so far a smooth, creamy smoke with a little sweetness and almost pretzel flavor. So far so good with this one.

Last night I picked up the new CI Legends Oliva cigar so I'll be reviewing that in the near future. Next week I plan on getting the Legends sampler of all 8, not including the Oliva. So stay tuned! Same bat channel. Same bat time.

posted Hide Post
About a third of the way in and it has flavor characteristics of a Monte #2. Sweet, grassy with a hint of something I can't put my finger on yet.

posted Hide Post
Starting in on the 2/3 mark and I got a bit of chocolate going on at the moment. This stick has had numerous flavor transitions in it. It makes you want to take a puff just to see what is next!

posted Hide Post
The Virtue is drawing to the end. The final 1/3 has become a bit peppery with espresso notes. Almost a pepper bomb! I like pepper in my sticks so it does not bother me. Final thoughts. Construction was wonderful as I only needed a slight touch up once towards the end. Strength is mild to medium in body. Flavors...oh my!! One of the few cigars I have had with numerous transitions in it. All good ones at that. I would give this stick a solid 8 out of 10. Mainly for the transitions. I would recommend this to anyone and have already mentioned it to my brother. Thanks Lee for the wonderful experience!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Liga Privada #9 and Surly Octoberfest tonight -

Hey, not sure how much time is left on this, but JR is running their Halloween special this week -

I always order, usually takes just 2 or 3 of the cigars to more than pay for the it.

https://www.jrcigars.com/list/weekly-special

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I got this email from CI today.

http://www.cigarsinternational...s/weekend-spotlight/

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the link. I got this email from CI today.

http://www.cigarsinternational...s/weekend-spotlight/

And "thank you!" for the link. I just pulled the trigger on this one. Don't get to smoke as much during the winter, these will keep me busy as there are a few I've not tried.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What a deal! Split a box with another member here and am right now smoking a Tatuaje 2014 TAA.

A bit more spicy than I normally enjoy, but man am I liking this! Could be partly due to the fact that I live in MN and it's 60 degrees towards the end of October!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Perdomo ESV. Torpedo. Not a fan of the torpedo sizes, not smoky enough for me. The first 3rd is really too mild but I just started the second 3rd and some spice is starting to come out. Overall a good flavor, very mild though. I might smoke the next one with just water as my pumpkin spice beer is overwhelming.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post