SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Enjoying one of the TAA's from 2015 tonight. Excellent!

I thought that I had a 2014 tucked away somewhere, but that is a 'no go'. Grrr...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I have one 2012, two 2014, few 2015 .

I am having a 2015 Crowned Heads las Calaveras. Tasty spicy cigar. The 2016 will be shipping soon. I had a prerelease back in the spring it was a pepper bomb with a sweetness throughout. I am looking forward to them.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4788 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Managed to find my way to the Corona Cigar Co in Orlando tonight.

Picked up all kinds of sticks that I can't find at home, and enjoying a Davidoff Colorado Claro at the bar now. First inch has been smooth with significant pepper.

ETA: OK, finished the Davidoff. Nice cigar, but I'm not seeing the value. For half the price I have smoked cigars thar I liked more. I know that Davidoff's are pricey but I was expecting something more.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
TXLE, feel free to post anytime about any cigar. How did you like the Behike?

I'm smoking an Ave Maria box pressed tonight.

I have not found any information on a Montecristo 2004 release in my searching.

I love it. Rich and full of flavors. You guys are good being able to ID the cig just by the bands. I would not know the difference between a Hehike vs a Siglo (sp?) if someone didn't tell me. I will definitely pop in this tread more often. After our wedding next year, I should be able to indulge a bit more. DINK - dual incomes, no kids! Big Grin

Posts: 1044 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4788 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Happiness should start soon...

Back on the balcony in San Juan with an AVO TAA 2nd Movement that I picked up last night in Orlando.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Last night I enjoyed a Diesel Unlimited d.X Belicoso. I thought it was terrific

Posts: 13415 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Very pleased that my B&M is part of the tour!!!

Drew Estate Tour Offers Rare Velvet Rat Cigar

Well...here is the deal. Pretty good I think!

Drew Estate, Cigars for Troops and Nate Dogs
Where - Tobacco Grove
When - July 14th @ 4:00 - ?
FREE Velvet Rat w/ purchase of 5 or more Drew Estate Cigars AND download the Dew Estate Ap. While Supplies last, 1 per customer. More info as we get closer to the 14th.
Enjoy your Independence Day friends! — at Tobacco Grove.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Do you have to smoke the DE cigars? Big Grin

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Dam that was funny, reminds me of the package we sent as a joke. If you really just want to try the limited smoke and spend as little as possible, the MUWATs are pretty good for the price. (My Uzi Weighs A Ton, for those who dont know)

ETA- What happened to the swisher picture??

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
The Drew/Swisher pic is really funny!

That said, the Drew rep was at the B&M today and we were talking. He feels great job security, regardless of the FDA stuff because Drew has the financial backing Swisher.

To add...I'll buy 5 Liga sticks to get my Velvet Rabbit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I would like to note that I recognize DE as a premium cigar mfgr. I don't think they are as good as they were in 2011 & 2012. Since Steve Saka and Nick Melillio left the company. NicaNick blended the LP sticks since his departure they lack something. They also don't age well, Jonathan Drew will say that his cigars need to be smoked within a year average.

Mostly I like poking our resident DE Homer Ronin. He has expanded his cigar selection quite a bit since this thread started.

Hey Pete I'd know you'd respond but your on moderated status for 7 days Razz Razz

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Welcome Ken

Everyones tastes are different and trying cigars is part of the enjoyment, finding out what you like. With that said most of my suggestions will be on the upper end of the scale.

Tatuaje (start with the simple brown label)
My Father
Crowned Heads
La Palina

In the med price category
AJ Fernandez New World

Good luck, have fun and stop back in the thread and let us know what you found.

I smoked a Tatajue last night - good smoke, just a little hard to keep lit. Thanks for the recomedation.

I may to go Davidoff and smoke something different tonight. Lots of stuff to try

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
How do you store your cigars? Not staying lit is a sign the cigars are being stored to humid 'wet'.

I like 65% RH but have a box I pull from that is at 68% and I usually will move them to 65% for a week or two before I smoke one.

That is a simplified description of dry boxing. Which depending on the RG of the cigar you allow it to rest at a much lower Rh for a period of time.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I have an acrylic humidor jar with a Boveda 62 packet in it.

It went out three times, I think. It probably wasn't too moist, I was probably just trying to smoke it a bit slow.

I just bough a new humidor today that I am seasoning as we speak. I have a calibrated digital hygrometer ready to go too.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I got a package full of smokes from UPS today that I don't remember ordering. Just in time for the holiday weekend, these will be good to hand out to neighbors. Cool

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
In the spirit of Gator and "He who shall not be named", for 6 more days anyway, I am going to start pushing thru my Liga collection.

Tonight's feature...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
In the spirit of Gator and "He who shall not be named", for 6 more days anyway, I am going to start pushing thru my Liga collection.

Tonight's feature...

Is that the one from the top of the page?

Nice

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The cicadas are singing and I've got a 64 anniversary lit up with a glass of handpicked 4 Roses single barrel.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10525 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that the one from the top of the page?

No Ken. Tonight I am smoking the Liga Dirty Rat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ