SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Have a day in the crashpad in Memphis. Went by the cigar shop and picked up a few nice ( I hope) sticks.

Stuck around and smoked a Warped Futuro. Started off bland but after about an inch got really nice and warm. Medium bodied I would say but very satisfying.

I agree with your assessment first third is okay then it gets good.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
That's the one!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L'Atelier Cote de Or this evening. CI finally got some in. This is the 2016 release and is quite fantastic!!

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Perfect evening!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Oh nice! Those are so good.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Oh nice! Those are so good.

This one is actually different than what you might think. It is a L′Esprit de Vérité 2008 (Robusto)instead of the more common Churchill.

Delicious!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Cohiba maduro 5 and iced coffee this morning.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

La Palina black gordo this afternoon after busting our asses moving "stuff" out of the old place this morning. Hot and whooped to say the least.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Things that cannot be unseen - please, keep track of your sticks! (thankfully these are not mine, but I would like to throat-punch the dude that let this happen to these rare and wonderful cigars)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
That is not plume for reference. That does suck.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Cuban Partagas Serie E #2 tonight.

Wonderful stick....absolutely wonderful.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
CAO Pilon this morning with my pretty Dixie.

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I have no favorite cigar, as I am just getting started. In yet another sin. Or hobby. Boy is this hobby expensive. I priced cigar cutters yesterday, and lighters and, well, I just couldn't believe what it would take to just buy those two items.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5144 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Over the years I've lost some nice cutters and lighters, so now I buy the single blade guillotine cutters usually two at a time they cost $2-3, I have an inexpensive punch, and I use a Williams Sonoma kitchen torch cost about $40 on sale it's lasted 10 years.

I have a nice 150 count humidor the rest is in Tupperware with cedar trays from the cigar store for free with boveda packs for humidification.

After 20 years I don't have any more fucks to give in regards to my cigar tools. I use what works and spend my money on premium cigars

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
After 20 years I don't have any more fucks to give in regards to my cigar tools. I use what works and spend my money on premium cigars

Agreed for the most part. But I will always carry a quality single flame torch for touching up the occasional runners.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon and a splash (or two) of Turkey Kentucky Spirit out on the veranda, beautiful early summer evening.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I have no favorite cigar, as I am just getting started. In yet another sin. Or hobby. Boy is this hobby expensive. I priced cigar cutters yesterday, and lighters and, well, I just couldn't believe what it would take to just buy those two items.

Watch the big sites (cigars international, cigars.com, jr cigars, famous, etc)... They'll throw in cutters or lighters for free sometimes if/when your order reaches a certain point. They are usually disposable, but they will last for a long time or at least until you know what you like. I highly recommend Xikar. Buy once, cry once. AND, if they ever stop working, bring them to a local shop that sells Xikar and you will walk out with something that works..

BTW, what have you smoked so far? Has anything really tickled your fancy yet?

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diesel Wicked this afternoon watching it rain. I need to relax after this past weekend.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

I just got an order from CI. They've got a special right now on a Diesel sampler that includes a Colibri lighter and cutter. Both are really pretty good quality.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, I just got back into smoking cigars after a hiatus of about 18 years. I was wondering if you could offer me some suggestions, the landscape has changed quite a bit since I last smoked cigars regularly.

I used to smoke a lot of Arturo Fuente Hemmingway short stories (really a lot of the Fuente line). A lot of other random stuff that I can't remember too :-)

Anyway, I smoked a CAO LX2 last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I got a pretty good nicotine rush toward the middle.

Basically, I like spicy and peppery, and would probably like a lot of other styles if I knew what to buy.

Can anyone make some recommendations for $5-8 and $10 or so cigars that would be a good place to start to figure out what I like again?

I live in Tampa, and the Thompson store is about 5 miles,from where I live. Plus there's a Davidoff cigar bar and tons of smaller shops to choose from.

TIA

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post