SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I just looked up utopia.. Sounds delish!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin, Enjoy those 50th anniversary sticks. A friend of mine said the one he had was the best cigar he has ever had. He works at CI so he has had numerous cigars.

I smoked another Schizo while I was working on the bottom side of the deck.

Posts: 3670 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed an Undercrown with a few beers and EXX over on the patio.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That Undercrown is a nice choice. They were marketed as a less expensive option to the Liga #9, but I think they do just fine as a stand alone stick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12363 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
It's a good thing you posted that ronin I was about revoke your DE fan boy card. You haven't posted a DE or LP in quite a while.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Y'all are some bad influences, really starting to enjoy a nice cigar in the evening. Definitely much better than when I smoked cigarettes a few years back.

Anyways today was a long day, up early and full of working in the garage and doing a tonne of yard work at my place as well as the parents. Now I'm sitting back relaxing the feet (can't wait for my Nick's boots to get here but that's a different story altogether) and smoking an Oliva something or other. Of the sampler I got it's the best one (and last one too). Started off quite spicy but mellowed out after about 5 mins or so. Have another sampler arriving tomorrow with an Ave Maria, Virtue and Champagne along with a bunch others. Can't wait to try them!

ETA Well here we are about half an hour later. Quite pleased and feeling good after about an hour or so total burn time.

BTW - If y'all haven't tried it, try pairing your cigar with a good mead. I make my own that goes great with a few of the cigars I've tried but you can find some decent ones at BevMo or World Market even. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy the Undercrown. I've never had the Ligas to compare to (I have a sampler coming with a couple in that I won in an auction).

Chach, I don't know that you should call us bad influences... Maybe good spiritual guides to make you the manliest man you can be while sampling life's pleasures along the way.. That sounded way better in my head than it does on the screen. I tend to smoke cigars in bunches. It's not too often I smoke just one, and therefore, I don't smoke most days of the week. Usually it's just one or two days that I'll have a controlled burn. When your new sampler comes, you'll have to take a pic. I'm curious what some of the other cigars are (I suppose you could just list them)..
I've never had mead. I enjoy dark beers (stouts and porters). Would it be similar to something like that? I went to an Ashton tasting event some time ago, and they provided all different things to eat (chocolate, nuts, etc) and things to drink (different whiskeys/scotches, coffee, etc) and talked us through the way each could change or enhance the flavor of the cigar we were smoking (it was during the release of the new San Cristobal and the La Aroma de Cuba lines). It was very interesting. I wonder how your mead is influencing your flavor perception? Is there one I should look for at world market?

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never had mead as well...another thing to add to the list!

Bad influences?! We only guide, OK maybe we twist the arm a bit...

It's only 10:00 and I'm thinking of what I am going to smoke this evening!

Posts: 3670 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the weather...maybe an OpusX is getting sacrificed tonight!

Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
That Undercrown is a nice choice. They were marketed as a less expensive option to the Liga #9, but I think they do just fine as a stand alone stick.

Ronin1069, I agree it was a great smoke. I'm going to stock a few more of those.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2220 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
An opus is alway a good choice.. I tend to keep mine for special occasions as I don't usually have too many of them in the humidor..

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I honestly like the Anejo, better, but I am starting to think they are overpriced. A lot of great sticks out there for half the cost. I think the higher price is really cigar stores jacking it up, when serious got a batch in they were 12-18$ a stick which wasn't too bad but they vanished fast.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Cigar prices across the board have gotten out of hand. Manufacturers are simply calling something limited edition, or rare and slapping a premium price on it.

there are also lots of boutique brands that are asking very high prices. Warped is one, however there most costly labels are rolled at El Titian Bronze factory in Miami. They have a Nicaraguan rolled which is less expensive.

but Jay I agree the opus and Anjeo as well as other are not the best value. I saw a box of Opus at a B&M earlier this week they were asking $65 per cigar.

I don't really smoke the mid range cigars anymore but I also don't buy the over $15 often. The Cote De oro was the latest exception and I think its worth it at $16. The $8-12 is my sweet spot.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I get incredible smokes in the $4-7 dollar range. They compare favorably to nearly everything I've had up to $20 each.

Regarding mead, it's just fermented honey so it'll be sweet and generally a light to medium gold color. Most British mead is straight honey. Irish styles usually have botanicals or spices to alter the flavor. Of course American brands are pushing the envelope on all fronts. The alcohol will sneak up on you in a hurry so sip. Usually pairs well with cheese.

Posts: 13757 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
The $8-12 is my sweet spot.

This is where I am, as well. And it's just about impossible to find much beneath that where I shop anyways.

If I need a hard to find cigar I go to Buckhead Cigars but all of their prices are a little inflated. My local shop is fairly limited but has AF Short Stories, Oliva V, LGC Serie R, and if I want to splurge, 64 anniversary Padrons for < $15. Any of those will work at any time for me.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10509 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I usally keep cost in mind when I rate a smoke, which is why I rated the Cote d'or as probably the best ever. at 14$ its less than all the High end brands and the flavor, burn, roll and the buzz were all top notch. I rated it better than the Padron 50th, but only because of price. Well not just price, the roll and finish on the 50th is not th best or what you would expect from a 100$ smoke, the flavors and buzz were incredible, and it needed a few touch ups.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yellow Jacket, this is a great shop with an excellent selection. It is likely closer to you than me. It is 45 mins from me and I go there a couple of time a year.

http://www.bluehavana2.com/

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
I only have a few Opus and they are less than $20 each. I don't go crazy over them and prefer a cheaper smoke. I range any where from $5-$13 when they are not on sale. Most of my sticks I get on sale so they can drop to under $2 each!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'll have to try some Anejos if they're worth it.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.