SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Going to be over 95 degrees today. Ugh.

Sitting on the deck right now at a perfect 78 with a cup of coffee and my laptop waiting for conference call today. Begin.

Nursing a Cohiba Red - good stick.

ETA
Freeking post office! My S&S swag came today and they left me a pink pick up slip. I WAS HOME! My car was in the driveway and the front door was open. Lazy bastards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12373 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My first La Palina TAA, MADE IN THE USA. The factory in Miami El Titan Bronze puts out some great sticks.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Well with the positive reports on the Brazillia, I brought home a box pressed version today along with a Tat, a Flathead and some more Eiroa's.

Got my Whiz Quiz out of the way so I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Posts: 11252 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Good deal Brad.

I'm in Portland (west) tonight and enjoying a Padron 1964 Anniversary. Nice stick with hints of vanilla.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Had the pleasure of meeting E.P. Carrillo last at a local event. Left with 3 boxes of his cigars including the Edicion Inaugural 2009. Can't find those anymore that I know of. Also some swag to go along with my purchase.

Cubes of steak and lamp were served along with 3 different French reds to sample. Good time was had by all

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2989 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

La Palina El Diario toro this evening. The scent of this cigar out of the cellophane is amazing!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
After dinner this evening an AF Hemingway Work of Art and a favorite Cab--NxNW. We were 90 here today, although a front is coming through tonight and temps will be back down in the 70s for the next couple of days.

Posts: 13408 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man O War Virtue and a cup of Peet's Major Dickasons blend this morning.

Quite a bunch of great sticks being bought and burned here lately. Keep it up men!

Posts: 3672 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finishing up a Tatuaje 10th anniversary before the hockey game. These have really lost most of their flavor with age.

Ronin, any luck listing the house?

posted Hide Post

Neanderthal this evening.

2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
On Saturday I had my what I think was the most enjoyable cigar to date.

It was at a car/motorcycle show my young cousin who builds custom bikes and cars Union Speed and Style out of Monticello,MN. https://www.facebook.com/unionspeedandstyle/ (check out his FB page for pics of his work. I think you can get to his website from there as well) It was at his friends pub in Buffalo, MN. Hayes Pub house. They were also releasing a limited run beer they collaborated on named, The Revenge of the Dullaham. Described as a 'Imperial Smoked Coffee Porter' 10.1% Alc. https://www.facebook.com/hayespublichouse/

Now I am not a craft beer or dark beer enthusiast. Haven't found one I have liked enough to spend a very very limited budget on.

Anyway, I brought with me a stick I received from our Christmas exchange. A Perdomo craft series, "for Beer Enthusiasts". I have not paired many sticks with anything other than Bourbon, and a couple of times my morning coffee. After pairing the beer and the Christmas stick I realized exactly what you all talk about when you find a good match. WOW!! Absolutely Incredible how they complimented each other. It was a great experience that I look forward to doing again.

The whole time I was enjoying the stick and beer, I got to listen to my Dad and his friend tell me it would be so much better if it was a Cuban cigar. See he and my Dad used to take annual trips to Canada fishing for 2 weeks and the first stop after crossing into Canada was for cases of Canadian beer and a box of Cubans and they would spend the entire trip smoking them. They both know that I am a rookie and have not yet had the opportunity to try one. They both have quit smoking years ago and now huddle around me to sit in the smoke cloud to get their fix. They both are pranksters and semi pro ball busters and are always reminding me of my youth and inexperience, I will be 46 in a couple of weeks. LOL. It is all good natured razzing and I give as good as I get. I know my time will come for the Cuban, however the bar has moved up considerably in my enjoyment of cigars and if I never get to smoke one... I would be fine with that.

Thanks for letting me share my experience, thanks to my secret santa and Ronin for setting it up. Will be enjoying one of the other secret santa sticks tomorrow after I mow the lawn. I will let you know which one I choose tomorrow.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1105 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked the perdomo! I found it rather bland unless drinking the rec'd beer with them. Send me an email I have a Cohiba or 2(from South of Florida) I can send you.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
La Gloria Cubana Serie R natural this evening.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Nice. Had one of those at Nicky Blaine's in Indy last weekend.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1781 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Earlier today at the shop I tried the Flathead Steel Horse. Started a bit bland but developed nice moderate flavors of chocolate and molasses with just a slight peppery undertone. Got better all the way down to the nub.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee, thanks for the review. I have been eyeing them but didn't pull the trigger yet. I may have to soon.

I'm smoking a La Aroma de Cuba tonight. Tasty, but age might help them get better.

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Just finished cleaning the Ar and Ak. Smoking a Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir which is a 91-rated. Rich woody and complex. Pairing well with my four roses bourbon and Willie Nelson on the jukebox tonight. Cheers gents! I have some of those flatheads and more Brazilians on order.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Friday night at home. Closed on a condo I had for sale up in Dallas, so life is good.

Rocky Patel Decade it is. My first one of these. Starting off nice and spicy.

Plato

posted Hide Post
Congrats! One weight off of your shoulders. A few more weeks and we should be closing as well.

La Gloria Cubana this morning.

My two boys, myself, and my dad are all going to a truck show today in Macungie. Mostly tractor trailers and most of those are Mack trucks. This year we will be doing the Mack trucks factory tour as well. The youngest has been counting down the days this week for the tour. If anyone is in the area and wants to see a nice, free show, come on out. Being the son of a truck driver, I have a special place in my heart for trucks, besides, who doesn't love trucks!

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
This week I've had a Brazilia: Confirmed my dislike for Brazilian tobacco in general and this cigar in particular.

A Tatuaje: Absolutely a great cigar. Smooth robust, perfect draw and burn.

An Eiroa: Nice stick, took a couple of relights though. It was very nice but as the most expensive cigar I smoked this week, the Tat was miles ahead.

Looking forward to a Father's Day Cuban at the firepit tonight.

Posts: 11252 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post