SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
A few of my favorites. Smile

My normal everyday smoke would be a Partagas Black or Rocky Patel.

Vacation Lineup by nathan512, on Flickr

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Some nice smokes there Flash, which La Flor is that?
I like their box pressed ones too.
Cool

Posts: 23019 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Sampled a My Father Connecticut last night at my B&M. Nice smoke. Relatively smokey stick, nice even burn. Probably medium in body and strength.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5696 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting here at Cigars International enjoying my 2nd of the evening. First was the new My Father Connecticut. What a great smoke for a Connecticut wrapper. By far the best one I've had to date. My second that I am smoking now is the Eiroa maduro. This my friends is a wonderful smoke. It is relatively expensive at $13, but very tastey.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gave the wrong price. It was $11 so it isn't too bad on price. In my opinion it is still a great smoke but may be a little over priced. Not by much though, as there are others just as good a little cheaper.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Monte #4 box date was 2009 I opened it December 2012.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Some nice smokes there Flash, which La Flor is that?
I like their box pressed ones too.
Cool

Thanks! Yes I love their box pressed. I have a hard time finding those around here though. That is a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All that talk about the Man O' War Ruination kept them fresh in my mind. Cigars International has a 5'er belicoso for $20 this month. If you like a full bodied cigar, get one! This thing is pretty good!

Oh, another note. That Eiroa maduro I had last night was VERY one dimensional. I actually got bored with it about half way through. I did nub it though, as I can't see not finishing a cigar unless it is pure junk.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Did you order a dress box or is it a lottery?

Buying from my local B and M. there is a pecking order, and while I have spent lots of money and bought lots of product, I am still somewhere in the middle.

They are only getting a small supply, my guess is that a lot of older guys are going to have to literally die off before I see a dressed box!

I asked the store owner about the dressed box. He told me that they typically get only 1, and they've given it to the same guy the past 6 years, if they ever get a 2nd, they will try the lotto idea.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12369 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess seniority has its perks!

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Perdomo champagne 10th anniversary Maduro. And a leinenkugel octoberfest.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Trying to decide tonight's smoke while enjoying 65 degree night and college football. I think I'm going to give the Garcia smoke LA Antiguidad a try, either that or a tat 10th anniversary.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oohhh that Tat is one great cigar! Flavor transitions are wonderful in near perfect thirds. Though on the flip side, the Antiguidad is a nice cigar as well, a totally different flavor than the Tat. Bit of pepper in there that the Tat does not have. Either way, great choices!

posted Hide Post
Smoking a Padilla Connecticut this morning with quite a few months of age on it. Great morning stick.

posted Hide Post
After a rough Monday, I get to unwind! Sitting out smoking a Fuente Siglo while drinking a Spaten Oktoberfest. These pair quite well together.

posted Hide Post
Good afternoon/ evening all! Today was better than yesterday but still too far away from the weekend. Sitting out smoking a Tatuaje pudgy Jason while drinking a Helles Schlenkerla Lager.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It's October gents, which means it is time for Quesada Octoberfest Cigars and Summit Octoberfest beer!

See ya in an hour!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12369 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look quite nice!

Gator, what did you end up smoking Saturday night?

posted Hide Post
I stumbled across a Gurkha Ghost in my humidor that I don't remember purchasing or being given, decided to smoke it while walking the dogs... Normally I opt for unknowns/infused/cheapy gift sticks when walking because 1) the dogs behave poorly and 2) I spend a lot of time picking up crap!

This was a very interesting smoke, TONS of smoke poured out of the thing. Very earthy with some coffee and spice. Call me crazy but I also tasted meat, or a grilling taste. Wasn't bad, can't say it was great. Maybe I'll give it another go with some steak and a deep red wine.

Posts: 516 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My humidor is starting to look a little empty, so I started to go through this thread to get some ideas for replenishment. Here's is a compilation of what folks said were their favorite smokes or smokes they had and liked. I tried to catch them all, so sorry if I missed any. I was amazed at how few repeats there were.

Por Larannaga Petite Corona
Macanudo Café
Oliva Serie V
Gurkha Park Avenue
Drew Estate's Liga Privada #9
Partagas Blacks
Upmann or Brioso Maduras
Opus X
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway
La Gloria Cubana #6
Partagas, 1926 or 1964 Anniversario
Liga Privada Dirty Rat
Perdomo Habano Corojo
J.D Howard Reserve HR46
NUB
Montecristo #2
Moore & Bode Torpedo
Deadwood Sweet Jane
Padron 1964 Maduro Exclusivio
AF Anejo #46
Hemingway Maduros
Drew Estate Java and Java Mints
Rocky Patel Vintage 2003
Cuban Honeys
Dirt Torpedo
Schizo
Camacho SLR Maduro
La Gloria Cubana "N" and the "R",
CAO Flathead Camshaft
My Father le Bijou
Don Pepin 10th Anniversary
Tatuaje
Crowned Heads (Headley Grange and Four Kicks)
La Palina
Monte #4
Flor de Las Antilles
Monty # 2
Bolivar Petite Coronas
Arturo Fuente Hemingways (Maduro wraps) and 8-5-8s in the varnished box for an everyday stick
RyJ Short Churchills
PSD4's
RASS
Brick House
Camacho Triple Maduros
Te Amo World Selection Series--Cuba Blend
Avo Classics
Monte Cristo brown label
Partagas 1845
Alec Bradley
Liga Feral Pig and UF-13
Rocky Patel Habano Torpedo
AF Hemingway’s
RP Private Cellar
My Father the Las Calaveras
Any of the Behike series
Ramome Allones
La Gloria Cubana Casa Del Habana
Viaje Zombie Antidote
Gurkha - The Beast
Crowned Heads TAA 2014 special release
Ashton Heritage
Alec Bradley Tempus
#4 Gurkha Fuerte
#3 Gurkha Expedition
#2 Gurkha Titan
#1 Camacho Liberty 2009
Viaje Exclusivo Loaded
Tatuaje tattoo 10 year Miami. This is one fine ass cigar!
Tatuaje black label corona Gorda
Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon
Baccarat
Camacho Sir Maduro Perfecto
La Gloria Cubana
Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters
Crowned heads TAA Angels Anvil
Camacho Triple Maduro
Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo Maduro
Opus X Robusto
Tatuaje TAA 2012
Padron 2000 series
5 Vegas Gold and Miami
Illusion cq4
Crowned Heads cigars, Four Kicks, Headly Grange, Las Calaveras
CAO Brazilia
2010 God of Fire
Arganese Café Dominicana
Gloria Cubana N
Camacho Havana
Ezra Zion Honor Series Presidente
Liga Privada "A"
Nica Rustica
Camacho SLR Maduro Figurado
Viaje C-4
Viaje Exclusivo Leaded
Tatuaje Miami
Headley Grange
Headley Grange, doubles, ementes #4, drum stick, are all great
Acid Kuba Kuba
Herrera Esteli Lonsdale
Diesel Shorty
La Flor Dominicana Limitado III
Davidoff Nicaragua
La Fluer Domincana double ligero Maduro
Camacho Triple Maduro
TATUAJE Corona Gorda black band
Ave Maria Morning Glory
Fuente sun grown double chateau
LA Aroma DE Cuba Lancero
Perdomo 10th anniversary Maduro
Partagas Lusitania
CI Legends Red Label
Torano Exodus 50 Year
Habano Nub
CAO Brazilia Amazon Basin
Tabak Especial Dulce
Padron 3000
Assylum Schizo Robusto
Montecristo Churchill
Alec Bradley American Classic Blend
Tatuaje Fausto Avion 2012
Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997
My Father Connecticut Churchill
Studio Tabac Reckoning
Man-o-War Armada best, then Ruination, then Man-o-War
Perdomo Champagne 10th Anniversary Maduro
Padilla Connecticut

End

Posts: 3509 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post