SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sorry Leemur for not posting this earlier. The Oliva "V" Nub has been out for a few months now. Maybe 6 months? It is a great cigar that is $10 locally.

Posts: 3669 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a Nub sampler and some Flor de las Antillas toro and My Father Connecticut churchills. Can't wait to get those!

Posts: 13754 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite an order there Leemur!

I had a bit of a haul this past Friday from CI. I got two discounted 5 packs of mixed cigars, a My Father No.1 robusto, an Illusion 88 maduro, a CAO Flathead Sparkplug, Room 101 Payback and a few Blend Labs. Most of these sticks are new to me with only three of them repeat offenders!

Posts: 3669 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I earned a cigar after work and mowing the lawn today. Had an Olive Serie V in Lancero and a Papas Fritas while I was cooking dinner.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Quite an order there Leemur!

I had a bit of a haul this past Friday from CI. I got two discounted 5 packs of mixed cigars, a My Father No.1 robusto, an Illusion 88 maduro, a CAO Flathead Sparkplug, Room 101 Payback and a few Blend Labs. Most of these sticks are new to me with only three of them repeat offenders!

They're supposed to be here Thursday!

Posts: 13754 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
How many of you do JR's annual Halloween Special? I just checked and it's not up yet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12360 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it. JR tends to be rather pricey from what I've seen and their house blends are never even in the same galaxy of the smokes they compare them to when trying to convince you to try one.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Never heard of it. JR tends to be rather pricey from what I've seen and their house blends are never even in the same galaxy of the smokes they compare them to when trying to convince you to try one.

Their Halloween deal has been an event for many years...typically you more than make your money back in just a couple of the cigars. I remember last year I bought the $40 version and ended up with 2 Monte Whites and a couple of really cool Punches. Not to mention the swag that was in the box. I'll post the link with I see it up...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12360 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard of that sale and a Christmas sale too, though have not participated. I am kicking back, getting ready to dodge raindrops, smoking a Diesel Shorty. Need some downtime right now.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I love this time of the year! It will be forever (never) before I get a dress box, but picked this up today!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Sweet! I have heard that the Jekyll is wonderful.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Puffing on a cameroon Nub this morning. Every bit as good as the habano. Pete I'll be mailing your man o' war after I finish this. Yesterday was a complete waste. Everything went wrong.

posted Hide Post
Lee, I hear ya. Same here. Thanks

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This is indeed an interesting thread. As I read I'm puffing peacefully on my vintage Kirsten Mariner pipe loaded with Capstan (blue label) Virginia flake, thankfully available again in the U.S. after a long absence. Wonderful stuff. A $20, 50g tin will do me for several days (20+ pipe fills). J. R. R. Tolkien smoked this tobacco exclusively. But next time I visit my B&M I'm going to buy a $15 cigar. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9057 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the "club"! LOL. I love the smell of pipe tobacco but do not smoke it. You do not need a $15 cigar as there are plenty of good ones cheaper than that.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He's right. I've got some incredible smokes for $4-7 lately.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A $15 cigar here in CA is probably a $7 cigar in Kentucky. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9057 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
A Crowned Heads TAA tonight. I have been really busy since August with the kids fall baseball and softball leagues I haven't had much time to enjoy a cigar. Tomorrow is the last game.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Does anyone want to do a box split on the Tatuaje 2014 TAA, if so email me. Would be about $110-$120 includes shipping.

Edit box split has been completed

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Does anyone want to do a box split on the Tatuaje 2014 TAA, if so email me. Would be about $110-$120 includes shipping.

I'm in. Tatauje has turned into one of my favorite smokes. E-Mail inbound.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ