SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ronin, as I have said before that everyones palate is different. I do enjoy a more full bodied cigar with strength and flavors. Did you eat before you smoked the UH-13?

I agree that this hobby is more of a quest. Searching for the perfect cigar that will blow your mind. I try different cigars all the time. I do have a few go-to favorites but I am always searching.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sitting outside a humid but lovely Sunday smoking a Camacho SLR maduro figurado.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grass is halfway mowed, ran out of gas, so. Idecided to light up a Viaje C-4 that was graciously karma'd to me. The burn is kinda whacky but if you occasionally turn the cigar it evens out. Good smooth smoke with a hint of coffee at the moment.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I had a Nica Rustica Sunday night and it was not for me. It was very sweet lacked flavor. I think I had it to long. I had it 7-9 months. It reminded me of a plug of sweet chewing tobacco.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That C-4 was fantastic! Started out with a coffee flavor and transitioned to chocolate. I had to do a few touch ups with the torch but was not too bad overall.

Drew Estate cigars are better the fresher they are. They lose most of their punch if they sit too long.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Fired up another 5 Vegas Gold tonight.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good evening all! This evenings enjoyment is a Viaje Exclusivo Leaded. Mighty fine cigar! Burn is good, flavors are even better! I sent the karma winnings out this afternoon and hopefully will arrive on Saturday. Hopefully we will see them in this thread after a week or so. Thanks to the member, who wishes to remain anonymous, for these great Viaje cigars I have enjoyed!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Fired up a maduro diesel tonight to go with my Old Chub Nitro Scottish ale.

Posts: 13779 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Monday evening saw my FIL and me sitting in the unseasonably cool weather, him with an ISOM Cohiba and me with a Rocky Patel Platinum robusto.

Smoke literally billows out of the Platinum. It is very peppery at the front and gets really strong, but a good strong, in the final third. Had a very even burn and the ash hung together for a solid 2" before I feared I would drop it on my shirt and tapped it off.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10522 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It has been a while since I've bought a full box of a specific cigar to have as a regular smoke. Damn Liga's are too pricy, and everything else just does not seem to connect with me. I've been smoking these Tatajue Miami's for a while, have never let me down. Bought a box today at my local B&M. Really really enjoy this smoke...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Nice I love the 10th anniversaries. Shame these will eventually go away and Tatuaje will go back to their regular brown label production.

The lonsdale (Havanna Cazadores) might be my favorite Vitola.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I was looking online and see that I can get a 25 count box for the price I paid my B&M for a 20 count. Trying to stay loyal to the guys, but I'm gonna have to place an internet order too!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12370 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
I know many folks are not big Rocky Patel fans but my brother picked up some Valedors at the NRA show in Indy. Not a bad cigar.

CW

Posts: 3205 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Nothing is tasting right tonight. My palate is becoming spoiled I guess...no Liga's to savor, I just had a Miami with coffee this morning (excellent with espresso by the way)...

what to do, what to do???

<LIGHT BULB>

Time to break into the care package from that Karma Mr. Yarchin recently sent me! Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
When the levee breaks moma you to move

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Those 10 year Tatuaje Miami's are fantastic cigars.

I smoked a CAO Brazilia with brown cello, a favorite of mine Camacho SLR maduro and another favorite Oliva V nub this afternoon. The Oliva I had the ash hold on until the last inch before it fell off. I need to grab more nubs as that was my last one.

posted Hide Post
I have had a few Rocky's and they are not that bad but not a go to for me.

Gator how is the Headley?

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
RP Platinum here tonight. It's a box pressed Maduro.

Posts: 11250 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I have had a few Rocky's and they are not that bad but not a go to for me.

Gator how is the Headley?

I love the Headley Grange, doubles, ementes#4, drum stick, are all great. These are my favorite crowned heads cigars.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Had a Diamond Crown tonight...not my favorite, especially for the price.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4315 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post