SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Smoking a Nat Sherman New York that I got in a 5 pack, mixed bag sampler. Not a bad smoke for $4.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoking a la Gloria Cubana N and drinking a Victory Summer Love. Man, I love these N's!!!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Having my first ever Nish Patel tonight (Bold). Not sure what I think, I'm not a big Rocky guy, but I can tell that might enjoy it more if I was smoking with a pepperier scotch than the IPA that I am drinking right now.

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoying another Camacho Havana while I wait for some shade on the porch to begin work.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I had my first Olivia cigars this week-- wonderful. At the moment I have to drive an hour to the nearest cigar shop, but I bought a Rocky Patel Decade that was so good that after I smoked it I drove back and bought more.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oliva makes a great cigar. As a matter of fact, I may smoke a V nub after dinner tonight! That sucks you have to drive so far for a shop. Are you sure there isn't a mom and pop shop closer?

posted Hide Post
Sitting outside relaxing after a hard days work. Enjoying a Tatuaje tattoo Miami 10 year. Mighty fine cigar.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
What vitola

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robusto

posted Hide Post
Well, after starting the karma post I thought I would enjoy a cigar. So, I grabbed a My Father Special white label and a Kona Whale Ale to begin the evening. They pair quite well together. The spice from the cigar and mild hops in the beer.

posted Hide Post
Sitting on the porch smoking a Diesel Unlimited maduro. Eh. This had higher hopes from me. It was a disappointment and will not be running out to get more. I do enjoy the Diesel Shorty though.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ezra zion honor series presidente. These guys make a great cigar.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tonight it is a Liga UF-13. I am fortunate that my local B&M is an authorized Liga dealer and usually has something from them.

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Oliva makes a great cigar. As a matter of fact, I may smoke a V nub after dinner tonight! That sucks you have to drive so far for a shop. Are you sure there isn't a mom and pop shop closer?

I'm in a pretty remote part of Maine right now, so it's an hour drive to Ellsworth, where there is a walk-in humidor with a good selection of cigars, including Olivias.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Friday to all! Sitting out enjoying a beautiful 79* evening...in July no less! Smoking a Liga Privata "A". This thing rocks so far. I'm getting hints of raspberry/cherry out of this!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I'm in a pretty remote part of Maine right now, so it's an hour drive to Ellsworth, where there is a walk-in humidor with a good selection of cigars, including Olivias.

That sucks! Of course there is always somewhere to order from and shipped in.

posted Hide Post

Last just under 90 minutes. Perfect burn/construction. Earthy, oily, leathery smoke. So very good. The ash held on for 2 1/2". It fell once and then again when i ended the cigar. Never had that happen before.

I had one of these last night after work and dug it. Drew Estate cigars just billow smoke. But, while I like the Undercrown, the Nica Rustica is cheaper and so much better.

http://s1105.photobucket.com/u....jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Not a big fan of this one. Good construction, but the flavors just didn't click for me.

My last order. I'm going to have the Padron 1964 on Monday as one of my birthday smokes.

I'm a deplorable.

Posts: 671 | Location: Fargo ND | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice stash! I am not a fan of Drew Estate cigars. The T52 and the 9 are tops on a lot of lists but I do not enjoy them. They are quite one dimensional and mild flavor wise. For the money they cost there are better sticks for less. Hence, I have not tried a Nica yet. I do however like the UF13 dark and this "A" is amazing as well.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've been pretty vocal that I love the Liga 9's, the T-52's are a close 2nd. For whatever reason the UH-13's give me a bit of an overnight belly ache. They are the only cigars to do that to me, other than the CAO Sopprano's.

Try as I might, I cannot get into the Liga Undercrowns - in regards to the smoke, when I am in the right mood, I love the thick smoke that some of these Drew Estate cigars give out.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like some DE cigars T52, and Herrera Esteli namely. I don't purchase the T52 anymore as they expire. My favorite cigar brands change over time, long time Tat fan, last year I smoked a lot LP and Herrera Esteli and LA Palina this summer I'm smoking a lot of crowned heads, and I really like Ezra Zion.

Part of the enjoyment I get from cigars is trying new cigars. This summer each Thursday I have tried a new cigar, some were bad, some were okay and some were great. I like to try at least 2 or 3 before I make up my mind about the okay and good cigars. Bad are just bad. Right now I'm trying out Project #7 by Noel Rojas these were a factory direct. No band, or box 5 for 25. The first one I had the first 2/3 rds were very good last third kind fell flat. Looking forward to trying the second one.

Chi Chi, get the yayo