SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Gator that stinks with the Viaje. I have been fortunate to not experience that bad of a burn. I tried a CQ4 right before I had the C-4 and the Exclusivo Leaded without any issues. Maybe the humidity is playing games with you down there. I will say the C-4 needed two touch-ups after the initial light but nothing drastic. My humidor is sitting between 62% and 64% as I have found that to kinda be the sweet spot. Any more and I get funky burn issues and wanting to go out on me, any less and they want to blow up and split.

I think in the price range you stated earlier, Pepin makes great sticks. My Father, Centurion, La Antiguedad, La Bijou are all excellent cigars.

62% to 64%? Tell me more? I've always been a pretty strict 70% guy, Much under 68% and I start to get nervous. Although I've learned that some of the darker and oilier cigars I like (Liga's) can handle the lower humidity. Maybe I will play with this over the winter....

I'm a 65% short term storage long term is 70. The cigar was hard when i bought it they a few and i selected the least hard. Burn was okay after an inch into the smoke. But for the price I could have smoked a TAT 10th anniversary.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://cigarobsession.com/2013...tions-transcription/

Question/answer #4 re-enforces what I said but might be easier to read/understand. This guy reviewed a ton of cigars and has quite a bit of information and explanations.

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, how do the rest of your cigars burn?

Posts: 3671 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more thing to mention. I have tried the green foam that comes with most all humidors without success and also used the jelly glycol beads without much success as well. I am currently using kitty litter. Yes, kitty litter! The crystals, NOT CLAY!! The idea is that it works like the glass Heartfelt beads by giving humidity when needed and taking away when there is too much. You need to "train" it by spraying it down and monitoring your humidity. When it holds steady, where you want it, let it be. Keep an eye on it and your humidity to determine when to spray it down again. I am going on a month without spraying mine but am due to spray soon judging by the cloudiness on the litter. It turns clear when wet and cloudy as it dries.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Gator, how do the rest of your cigars burn?

Viaje C-4 and this TNT were the only cigars I can remember that I have had problems with in recent memory.

I use boveda packs, and recharge them.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
TATUAJE Corona Gorda black band. Great as usual.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Yup, most likely the cigars giving you the funky burn.

Enjoy the smoke! I went to get the black label Tat the other day and they were out of them. They should be getting more in though soon I was told.

Believe it or not, I didn't smoke any today!

posted Hide Post
It's been a little bit. Sunday I smoked a Black label Obsidian the has been aging for who knows how long. Fabulous flavor and smooth. I would say this easily had a year of age on it. Last night I had a MUWAT with as much age on it as well. Not as good as the Obsidian but still ok.

posted Hide Post
This evenings cigar is a CAO Camshaft and also enjoying a Shiner Ruby Redbird.

posted Hide Post
After mowing some grass I'm smoking a My Father Flor de las Antillas. Nice sungrown cigar.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ave Maria morning glory. My first of this brand and damn is it good.

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Crowned Heads Las Calaveras has aged well but will likely smoke the others I have within a few months.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Camacho Triple Maduro right now.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4315 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice selections last evening, fellas! I had a Nat Sherman Hyde (gordo size) 6"x60. Very mild but had a spicy, sweetness to it that made up for the mildness. Over all, it was a decent cigar that would make a great morning cigar...if you have time for that! This one was gifted to me from my brother, so I do not know what kind of age was on it. I see they have a maduro version that I may have to give a shot sometime.

posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Fuente sun grown double chateau this evening. Nice relaxing cigar on this fine Saturday evening. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

posted Hide Post
This afternoon I am smoking a Padron cortico that was gifted to me from my brother. Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Most of the weekend was rainy, petr, but today was nice and I still had a good weekend. I just came in from having a Te Amo World Selection Series robusto Cuban Blend. Certainly not the level of many of the cigars listed in this thread, but I recommend them, a very decent smoke.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you could enjoy a little bit of it though. There are no levels when it comes to cigars. It all comes down to what is good to you, the rest are just suggestions. Sure, some are cheap and others are expensive and quite a few cheap ones are better than the expensive ones. So, smoke what ya got and no one should feel ashamed of what they are smoking, post it up anyways. You never know, it may be better than a $20 XXX or an $8 XXX!

posted Hide Post
Well, while my wife is watching some Bachelor garbage on TV, I figured I'd enjoy the great outdoors. Sitting out in humid, but decent conditions smoking a La Gloria Cubana artesanos de miami.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
LA Aroma DE Cuba Lancero

Very nice

Chi Chi, get the yayo