SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Got an incredible deal on a 50 count humidor with an assortment of diesel, 5 Vegas and Romeo y Julieta. This is my first diesel and I gotta say it's a winner.

Those Diesels are a pepper bomb and are full of flavor! I tried one on an empty stomach once. Big Grin

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Yeah I smoked that one the same way. Nearly killed myself getting back in the house for some food.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend gifted a Pudgy Monster box set to me today! More than grateful and I will be letting these sit for a little while in the humidor. While I was at the cigar shop, I did buy a few Tatuaje Miami 10, more La Gloria Cubana Miami artesanitos, an Oliva "V" nub and an Opus X robusto. Good thing I made some room as I'm getting pretty full again, especially with that box in there!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
A friend gifted a Pudgy Monster box set to me today! More than grateful and I will be letting these sit for a little while in the humidor. While I was at the cigar shop, I did buy a few Tatuaje Miami 10, more La Gloria Cubana Miami artesanitos, an Oliva "V" nub and an Opus X robusto. Good thing I made some room as I'm getting pretty full again, especially with that box in there!

Enjoy! Just from personal experience, save the Jason for last!

Posts: 12334 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, though I have already had a few Jasons this year.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Few thoughts

I use a Tupperware with a cedar tray for humidor overload.

FFor nicotine OD I use sugary drinks like coke mountain dew or sprite.

Favorite monster is the mummy but I haven't had a Jason since last fall I should have one of the original large RG that I have.

Tonight it's a Crowned heads TAA angels anvil
Great cigar, I'm a full flavored cigar smoker but the medium bodied complex cigars are starting to win me over.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Well naturally I have a hard time letting new cigars "age". I tried my Camacho Triple Maduro. If you aren't a fan of Maduro, this is not the cigar for you! The construction was terrible but that might be just because of the nature of the maduro leaves but it smoked great and had a fairly sharp burn only requiring a few touch ups. Anyways, it was very very bold, but not harsh at all. It tastes 100% Maduro...because it is 100% Maduro! I had about 70% of it until I had to set it down. Really had a healthy buzz by that point. Anyways, I really liked it and I will be purchasing another to keep in the humi!

Now the bad. I also purchased the Camacho Ecuador (blue wrapper) recommended by my tobacconist...it was terrible. I honestly have no clue what Camacho was thinking when they decided to sell these. My wife was smoking it, she has NEVER had a cigar she didnt like until this one! I was like, it cant be that bad. I tried it, and it was every bit that bad and then some! It had a super black peppery taste that tasted darn near medicinal. Very sour/harsh with intense spice but no flavor. Super gross! Keep away from that one!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Went to the shop and got a few classics for my vacation this week. Two La Gloria Cubana Serie R's (a natural belicoso and a #5 maduro), a Padron 1964 Anniversary Exclusivo Maduro (one of my top 5), and also grabbed one of the limited selection of Tatuaje they had... a Seleccion de Cazadores Tainos. I typically stick with toro or, at most, corona, but the Tat is a full 7 1/2".

Went with Gator's Tupperware humidor suggestion, packets of 69% RH, and the cedar sheet and stick from a box of Cubana Monte #2's.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone, enjoy the smokes, they all look great! I am out of series "R"'s at the moment.

Thanks for the reviews of the Camacho sticks. I saw the Ecuador yesterday but forgot to ask about it.

I'm not sure what I'll be having today. It's raining at the moment but should clear by this afternoon.

posted Hide Post
Well, I started the afternoon off with my first ever Opus X robusto. Wonderful smoke that I enjoyed to the nub. Then to follow that up I smoked an Oliva V nub that was very good as well. I enjoyed the day around family and friends as I hope everyone else did as well. Happy 4th of July to all here and abroad!

posted Hide Post
This evening begins with a Tatuaje Chucky pudgy monster. I figured I'd try one since there are two in the box. All I can say is "wow"!

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Lit a Rocky Patel Winter 2012 tonight. Not bad but the flavor is all over the place.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Tatuaje TAA 2012. They are returning to this blend for 2014 usually released in October. Still a powerhouse after nearly two years in the bottom of the humidor.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, this evening is one of the Tatuaje Tiff pudgy monsters. Pepper but bland compared to the Chucky from yesterday. Now I need to discipline myself to leave the rest of the box alone for a few months!

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Padron 2000 series. I like to sit on my deck in the evening and enjoy one.

http://www.padron.com/index.ht...s/padron-series/2000

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First day back to work after a week long annual shutdown. Smoking a Schizo, reading Autoweek, relaxing!

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Got an incredible deal on a 50 count humidor with an assortment of diesel, 5 Vegas and Romeo y Julieta. This is my first diesel and I gotta say it's a winner.

I like 5 Vegas. The Gold is a great mild smoke. The Miami is an equally great full bodied smoke. I had my last Churchill Miami tonight. Luckily I have a half dozen or so Knuckles left.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Viaje C-4 beautiful wrapper, it has a cap on both ends not sure which to clip, I guess I guillotine both ends.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
Clip one and light the other. That is one cigar that's on my list.

posted Hide Post
Sitting at Cigars International enjoying an Illusion cq4. Very good cigar. Nothing special but good.