SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you fixed for ammunition?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you fixed for ammunition? Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I feel pretty good about the ammo, mags and accessories I have on hand. I did just pick up some extra ammo carriers for my AR mags. A bargain @ $10.99 each and they hold 4 AR mags.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...939189814?pid=189814

I also picked up an extra red dot, specifically a Vortex SPARC II from Palmetto for under $100. I also snagged an extra sling.

I should probably pick up an extra AR bolt and a lower parts kit just to have on hand.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4572 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The one thing about ammo accumulation is that you have to be constantly looking.
Yes, AmmoSeek does a pretty good job of that but don't stop there.
Not desperately trying to find something NOW but always combing the sites for a deal, discounts, free shipping, etc.
When the deal comes to fruition > pull the trigger and buy according to your financial ability and needs.
The worst feeling is that one that kicks you in the ass for not doing it.
My last deal like that was AimSurplus recently on 357sig that was about $200 lower than market, fortunately I nabbed one case, should have got more.
So you can start to bulk up even today but you have to be very patient.
Keep on lookin' Smile

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
This is why I make stops by the gun counter at the PX, they often have 50% off sales on 1-3 specific boxes of ammo. I never clean em out but I do by as much as they will let me while leaving a box or two for someone else.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Just ordered more! Smile

Posts: 671 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I feel pretty good about the ammo, mags and accessories I have on hand. I did just pick up some extra ammo carriers for my AR mags. A bargain @ $10.99 each and they hold 4 AR mags.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...939189814?pid=189814

I also picked up an extra red dot, specifically a Vortex SPARC II from Palmetto for under $100. I also snagged an extra sling.

I should probably pick up an extra AR bolt and a lower parts kit just to have on hand.

I just ordered that mag carrier and another that holds 8 mags for $21, complete bolt carrier and a few metal AR mags

Posts: 5509 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:

You just cost me a Sparc II and Toolcraft BCG. I managed to avoid all the temptations until your post.
Thank you!

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Federal 9mm 124gr HST - $25.99 per 50 round box (free shipping on orders of $200.00).

https://www.velocityammosales....X77QkK6Svd8FN.TYuyQT

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Federal/Lake City 55gr M193 - $510.00 per 1k rounds shipped.

https://www.velocityammosales....X77QkK6Svd8FN.TYuyQT

Posts: 1846 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well now I'm better off than the day I posted my original response! Just ordered a case of 1,000 .40 S&W Federal HST (Police trade-in) for a VERY reasonable price. They will pair nicely to the new Banshee toy I bought from CMMG. Oh...which reminds me...need to order a few extra mags. Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
...Just ordered a case of 1,000 .40 S&W Federal HST (Police trade-in) for a VERY reasonable price...Big Grin Big Grin

Where from? I'm set for 357SIG and getting there for 9mm +P+, but I still need .40 S&W.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Bone Frog Gun Club

https://www.bonefroggunclub.co...tical-hst-jhp-p40hst

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thanks, I was hoping for 165gr. I may still get some of this, though.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I was going through some old stored items I had almost forgotten about buried in the recesses of my office (winter cleaning). Found a case of stripper clips, 1000 rounds of 55 gr 223A PSA, 1000 rounds of 62 gr LC green tip, 1000 rounds of 115 gr federal 9mm fmj and 200 rounds of low recoil fiocchi 12 g slugs. It was a combination of Christmas and how were you so dumb not to remember this? Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Got 100 each of 5.56, 9mm and. 22LR today. Also a box of 12ga. slugs.

Posts: 28584 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Holy cats! I remember buying a couple of those boxes when it was (maximum) $0.33 a pull. Eek Eek

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Saw the post about the Gecco 124gr 9mm and bought a case, don't really need it but it's cheap and you buy when it's cheap!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4356 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
Holy cats! I remember buying a couple of those boxes when it was (maximum) $0.33 a pull. Eek Eek

Yeah, I remember when gas was $.79 a gallon.

Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Saw the post about the Gecco 124gr 9mm and bought a case, don't really need it but it's cheap and you buy when it's cheap!

I did the same along with some .22lr.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1055 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have enough M193 to last me 20 years at the rate I shoot my AR's for recreation and skill maintenance. Been buying and stacking for 10 years or so on that.
Another thing I considered and am currently working on is having enough personal protection type ammo on hand as well. Seems the higher end stuff hasn't seen as big of price increase as the bulk ammo has.
So far I've decided on Speer 75gr Gold Dots (if I can ever find it) and MK262 clone. According to what I can find the 77gr OTM is much better performing in both distance and terminal performance out of a shorter bbl.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post