SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
^^^ She sounds just like Simon Sinek, That annoying business You-Tuber and author who I can't stand because he has no actual real world experience.

Same exact worthless phrases with no data to back it up.

It's a giant vicious circle-jerk, where every C-suite executive has read Sinek. I went to THREE consecutive sales meetings (different companies we represented) one year where they played video clips of him discussing his Start With Why book. While I didn't entirely disagree with his position, it was how much the execs drank entire pitchers of this guy's book. It was remarkably insane, to the point where you could see half the sales team, giggle (hidden from view of course) that all of us had seen this over and over, from the various brands we represented. There was a three year period where all the independant sales guys in the territory would compare notes on which Sinek video/quotes they got from their respective brand's sales meetings.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bud Light parent company's stock downgraded by HSBC amid branding 'crisis,' huge sales drop
quote:
"Why did its US leadership underestimate the risk of pushback given the recent experience of other firms? Is A-B hiring the best people to grow the brands and gauge risk?" the analyst added. "If Budweiser and Bud Light are iconic American ideas that have long brought consumers together, why did these marketers fail to invite new consumers without alienating the core base of the firm’s largest brand?"

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

why did these marketers fail to invite new consumers without alienating the core base of the firm’s largest brand?"

Because the ones in charge wanted to completely jettison the loyal core base, and replace them with woke idiots who were the type that would drink Zima back in the day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, Mr Doukeris told the Financial Times that online “misinformation and confusion” had led to customers interpreting Mulvaney’s personalised can as one that was in production for general sale, rather than a one-off.

It never was about the one can. It was about paying big bucks to a tranny during March Madness. And an overly obnoxious tranny at that.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is A-B hiring the best people to grow the brands and gauge risk?" the analyst added. "If Budweiser and Bud Light are iconic American ideas that have long brought consumers together, why did these marketers fail to invite new consumers without alienating the core base of the firm’s largest brand?"

Because their bosses didn't watch what they were doing, allowing them to run the company off the rails with a bad idea and insulting quotes.
Too many times have I seen senior executives not have any idea about marketing/branding, particularly when it comes to leveraging social media platforms they get intimidated or, they just hand over everything and hope things work out. OR, these big-shots don't want to come across as being 'out-of-touch', they're desperate to hang-out with the 'cool kids' so they accept whatever is presented.

The CEO of our company answered a get-to-know the boss section in the company newsletter - his favorite music is house music Roll Eyes ....he's 60 years old...smh
quote:
"This situation has impacted our people and especially our frontline workers: the delivery drivers; sales representatives; our wholesalers; Bud owners; and servers," AB InBev CEO Michel Doukeris said on an earnings call.

Remember that, the next time you hire a young, bright junior executive to your company who's got all sorts of ideas on how to connect with the next generation.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
It wasn't about inviting in new customers, it was about making a political statement. Had they been thinking about total sales they would have considered the pros vs cons of any move they made.

ESG is such a big driving force that companies need to posture publicly. That's why they did it in a big way on tv during a major sporting event. They thought they were going to get praised for being so woke.

Posts: 9753 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I guess revitalizing Spuds McKenzie never crossed her mind. It would have fit right in with the woke agenda - a female dog playing a male, and trying to appeal to children.

Spuds McKenzie

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
“It Took Me 20 Years to Build This Brand, They Dismantled it in a Week,” Says Man Behind Bud’s Iconic Ads
by Will Jones

The marketing guru behind Budweiser’s famed ‘Whassup!‘ and ‘Talking Frogs‘ advertisements has slammed the company for destroying its reputation. The Telegraph has the story.

Robert Lachky, whose adverts in the 1990s helped Budweiser become America’s most popular beer, said two decades of work had been ruined over Bud Light’s Dylan Mulvaney fiasco.

“It took us 20 years to take Bud Light beer to the No 1 beer in the country and it took them one week to dismantle it,” Mr Lachky, Anheuser-Busch’s former chief creative officer, said.

Bud Light has faced a revolt by conservative activists after partnering with transgender social media influencer Mulvaney.

Sales have plummeted since Mulvaney, 26, shared videos of himself drinking from customised Bud Light cans with his own face depicted on them.

Mr. Lachky told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Bud Light had no one but itself to blame for its drop in popularity.

“It’s self-inflicted,” he said, adding that Anheuser-Busch suffered from “a complete lack of corporate oversight”. …

Executives have tried to bat away criticism by saying that Mulvaney was never actually partnered with them, despite his video including the hashtag #budlightpartner.

Michel Doukeris, Chief Executive of Anheuser-Busch Global, on Monday blamed “misinformation and disinformation” for spreading rumours that cans with Mulvaney’s face would be sold nationwide.

Mr Lachky told the New York Post that Bud Light was fanning the “flames on their own with their defensive comments”.

During his tenure at Anheuser-Busch, Mr Lachky created numerous Superbowl commercials that gained world-wide recognition.

The advert in which three frogs croak “bud,” “weiss” and “err”, was called “one of the most iconic alcohol campaigns in advertising history” by Adweek.

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/...ind-buds-iconic-ads/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knows what effect all this hub bub will have.

The media, broadcast and social got what they wanted .
Drama to exploit.

I don't know about transgender forums (if they exist)
Do you suppose they were "on fire" ?

With demand for booze the way it is in this country,
No one at A.B. is very concerned.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Not that I drink A-B products, except for when the wife and I toured the brewery in St Louis while on a vacation, but it seems to me that Bud Light is beyond redeeming as a brand name now.

A-B will probably drop the brand name totally, and just rename it, as something else that is “new and improved” that appeals to a certain segment within society.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2808 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A-B will probably drop the brand name totally, and just rename it, as something else that is “new and improved” that appeals to a certain segment within society.

Seriously? Before this, it was the #1 selling brand in their portfolio, and the #1 selling brand in the entire US market.
Even if it drops to #3, it's still huge.

quote:

They are planning to triple their ad buys for Bud Light this year.
They seem concerned.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24636 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are planning to triple their ad buys for Bud Light this year.
They seem concerned.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you that they are very concerned- they just don’t know what to do. They stepped in it, but I think they are afraid of angering the woke crowd, so are afraid to apologize.

Posts: 3547 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
These guys could run the gov't. Ignore the real problem, refuse to acknowledge their mistake, throw money at it and truly believe that will fix things, while it fixes absolutely nothing.

Posts: 3691 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Well, to be fair, AB actually has to provide a service/product. The Govt...not so much.

Posts: 2058 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll bet the marketing people at AB are absolutely making a show of how concerned they are...probably having meetings to discuss the previous meeting! Bud Light has actually had some memorable promotions over the years, but this one will be the one that's remembered.

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're having pre-meetings, post-meeting, to discuss the strategy for the upcoming pre-meeting pre-meeting.

All that money wasted for tution. All that time wasted in the echo chamber of the American university.

You don't have to go to college these days in order to be completely full of shit, but it certainly seems to increase your output of manure.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in Costco in Iowa City on Friday,
The U of Iowa is graduating 5500 youngsters this last weekend,

I saw a half a dozen orange flat carts with many dozens of cases of AB products being pushed to the registers.

But Jo Co Iowa is pretty darn Biden friendly.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post