SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Of course, all four bottles happen to have the "Bud" logo conveniently facing the camera. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2707 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's gotta be the worst ad for Bud Light ever. Haha.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That's gotta be the worst ad for Bud Light ever. Haha.

Yeah. It just makes you want to go out & get a case of Bud Lite.

I honestly never got the whole light beer thing. If I'm getting fat, it's probably because of the ice cream or junk food, and not the beer.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Enjoyed two Guinness Draughts in a can yesterday...unfortunately the hotel didn't have it on tap. Frown But the cans were good!!

I did too. It's the only beer/ale I will drink in a can. I have never had a Bud Lite. I am sure I never will.

Posts: 6738 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Ya know, I drink beer because I like to. I don't listen to commercials. I don't care what the politics are of the various talking heads. It just doesn't matter to me. In retrospect, I moved to bud light because they supported ccw in Missouri.

I await the departure of the "vice president" of Bud. They should fire her with great fanfare. Maybe include a public whipping.

So I've been reviewing my beer drinking history. Started out with full volume Miller. Remaimed there for a good number of years until the boat harbor scored some "Stroh's" light. It was terrible, but it was "HOT" as in stolen from a tractor trailer, or so I've heard. We had a fine summer that year. Then we moved to Bud Light. Been there for maybe 40 years. I don't drink enough to make a difference these days.

I'd rather decide on my own, not to please someone elses politics.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Enjoyed two Guinness Draughts in a can yesterday...unfortunately the hotel didn't have it on tap. Frown But the cans were good!!

I did too. It's the only beer/ale I will drink in a can. I have never had a Bud Lite. I am sure I never will.

Good stuff. It is interesting to watch that stuff after it is poured into a clear glass. It gets pretty active right after pouring.

Try a Newcastle Brown Ale right after finishing that Guinness and it'll be the smoothest beer you ever drank. Seriously.

Posts: 7409 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I was actually discussing Bud Light with an old friend of mine. Back when I was in college we'd pool our money for the weekend party and hopefully have enough for a pony keg of Natural Lite. If a few of us skipped a meal or two we could slurge for a pony keg of Bud or Bud Lite.

Never really touched any of that after college. I switched to craft beers with a buddy of mine then eventually dropped beer in favor of Crown Royal then single malt Scotch.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You drink Guinness in a can? Oh my we need an intervention. Guinness in a can is meant to be served in a glass or else the nitrogen released from the ball just floats away.

quote:
Try a Newcastle Brown Ale right after finishing that Guinness and it'll be the smoothest beer you ever drank. Seriously.

Or pour the Newcastle first then float the Guinness on the top half and have yourself a black and tan. One of my favorites when done right.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
quote:

You drink Guinness in a can? Oh my we need an intervention. Guinness in a can is meant to be served in a glass or else the nitrogen released from the ball just floats away.

quote:

Or pour the Newcastle first then float the Guinness on the top half and have yourself a black and tan. One of my favorites when done right.

What do you mean? I shotgun those.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guinness in a can is meant to be served in a glass or else the nitrogen released from the ball just floats away.
There's a ball in the beer and it floats away?

I'd say you've had enough.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I was actually discussing Bud Light with an old friend of mine. Back when I was in college we'd pool our money for the weekend party and hopefully have enough for a pony keg of Natural Lite. If a few of us skipped a meal or two we could slurge for a pony keg of Bud or Bud Lite.

Geezus, I got all the AB product I wanted for free for two yrs with my band's sponsorship and we still always requested Natural Light over anything else. Bud and Bud Light sucked 30 yrs ago. I doubt they've improved. Oh, and remember Bud's first huge band sponsorship - the Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour? I worked security for one of those shows and there was no Bud to be seen. They had carts fulls of Becks all over the backstage area.

Posts: 3692 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have no idea who the 4 people in that ad are. Does it matter?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Guinness in a can is meant to be served in a glass or else the nitrogen released from the ball just floats away.
There's a ball in the beer and it floats away?

I'd say you've had enough.

Fun fact about the Guinness Ball

No clue whether or not he has had too much to drink, but there is a ball floating in the can. It’s called a widget.

Posts: 581 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Well duh!! I don't drink it out of the can. I pour it into a pint glass and watch it for several seconds and then drink it out of the GLASS. It is the only beer/ale that I buy in a can. Everything else is bottles and I don't drink them out of the bottles, I pour them into a glass.

Posts: 6738 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well hey if you're worried about balls in your cans, I have a beer for you...

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A man trying to justify still buying Bud Light...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I have no idea who the 4 people in that ad are. Does it matter?

flashguy

California Democratic Reps. Ted Lieu and Adam "Shifty" Shift Mark Takano, Judy Chu

Link

California Democratic lawmakers roasted for Bud Light photo op: 'Worst party ever'

One commentator joked, 'This photo is more damaging to the brand than Dylan Mulvaney in the bathtub'

Rep. Ted Lieu and his fellow California Democratic leaders posed with bottles of Bud Light to mock conservatives boycotting the company, and the internet roasted them for it.

Bud Light and its parent company Anheuser-Busch faced a firestorm of controversy after partnering with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney. The controversy began when the company celebrated Mulvaney's "365 Days of Girlhood," by sending Mulvaney custom-made cans featuring the influencer's face. Mulvaney said the cans were her "most prized possession" on Instagram with a post featuring "#budlightpartner." A video then featured Mulvaney in a bathtub drinking a Bud Light beer as part of the campaign.

The controversy has sparked backlash for the beer company with many places in the Midwest and South reportedly boycotting the beer.

Lieu posted a photo on Twitter of himself and fellow California Democratic Reps. Mark Takano, Judy Chu, and Adam Schiff drinking bottles of Bud Light, with all of their beer bottles' logos directly facing the camera.

Commentators across the Twitter platform slammed them, suggesting it was an inauthentic publicity stunt.

"Telling me you’ve never drank @budlight without saying you never drank @budlight," former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker tweeted.

Five Times August frontman Brad Skistimas added some word-bubbles to the image, showing the representatives having an awkward conversation.

Filmmaker and former Superman actor Dean Cain tweeted that the gathering appeared to be the "Worst party ever."

None of these people hold a beer like they've ever held a beer before," conservative fadio host and Townhall columnist Derek Hunter wrote.

GOP staffer Jake Schneider appeared to sarcastically tweet, "Looks completely natural and not staged."

A wide variety of commentators across Twitter slammed the gathering in general as an indictment of the modern Democratic Party.

Washington Examiner chief political correspondent Byron York dubbed the quartet of liberal politicians "Dylan Mulvaney Democrats."

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
'This photo is more damaging to the brand than Dylan Mulvaney in the bathtub'

And they think they are helping? Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Is this what happens when the silent majority gets pushed to the point where 'something must be done'?

Notice please the lack of riots, cities burning, mass protests shutting down streets and adults screaming and crying like little children because something happened that they don't like.

All people did was stop buying the product that suddenly became offensive. Funny how much more effective that is than standing nose to nose someone and yelling "FUCK YOU!!!"

Wake up little babies and see how adults act and display displeasure.

PS, the whole shooting of the product was kinda cool. Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post