SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote from the post by Chellim1:
“It took us 20 years to take Bud Light beer to the No 1 beer in the country and it took them one week to dismantle it,” Mr Lachky, Anheuser-Busch’s former chief creative officer, said.

Bud Light has faced a revolt by conservative activists after partnering with transgender social media influencer Mulvaney.

Sales have plummeted since Mulvaney, 26, shared videos of himself drinking from customised Bud Light cans with his own face depicted on them.

Wrong. There was no organized revolt led by “conservative activists,” there was just a large number of men who said, “Fuck this, I’m not buyin’ it.” Whoever interviewed Lachky interjected their own bias into the article.

Posts: 13600 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen several mail in manufacturers rebates in last 2 days from $6 to $15 for AB. The sell by date is creeping up and it’s cheaper to subsidise And drop the net price then truck it back and properly dispose of the beer. We will see how this goes.

I was at Costco in Mobile AL on Saturday 5-13 and there was quite a bit for sale and the price per can for a suitcase wasn’t that fabulous. And where I live the Walmart and other supermarkets still have it full to the brim in to their beer aisle… full as in either constantly restocked or nobody is taking any to the register.

The public denial these executives is astounding. Integrally at AB they have to be seriously concerned this is going on 45 days + now.

Posts: 4978 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
quote from the post by Chellim1:
“It took us 20 years to take Bud Light beer to the No 1 beer in the country and it took them one week to dismantle it,” Mr Lachky, Anheuser-Busch’s former chief creative officer, said.

Bud Light has faced a revolt by conservative activists after partnering with transgender social media influencer Mulvaney.

Sales have plummeted since Mulvaney, 26, shared videos of himself drinking from customised Bud Light cans with his own face depicted on them.

Wrong. There was no organized revolt led by “conservative activists,” there was just a large number of men who said, “Fuck this, I’m not buyin’ it.” Whoever interviewed Lachky interjected their own bias into the article.

Once again, like many of the articles/links posted, the writer/author injects their own bias by framing those who are opposed to what A-B did and their reaction, as being 'an organized effort', 'led by radical extremists', they can't process there's just a lot of people who find their actions distasteful.
But, but, we've been supporting LGBTQ+ groups in ad and events for decades and this was no different
Maybe so but, you failed to read the room and crossed the line, now you're paying for your error in judgement. Hope it hurts.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This, of course, was the market they were trying tto appeal to. However I bet they didn't want to lose they majority of their legacy market in order to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I was in Costco in Iowa City on Friday,
The U of Iowa is graduating 5500 youngsters this last weekend,

I saw a half a dozen orange flat carts with many dozens of cases of AB products being pushed to the registers.

But Jo Co Iowa is pretty darn Biden friendly.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again, like many of the articles/links posted, the writer/author injects their own bias by framing those who are opposed to what A-B did and their reaction, as being 'an organized effort', 'led by radical extremists', they can't process there's just a lot of people who find their actions distasteful.

Yes, of course...

quote:
Mr. Lachky told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Bud Light had no one but itself to blame for its drop in popularity.

Any time you're talking to anyone who writes for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, you're talking to a leftist-activist.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I was at Total Wine Friday. They have huge racks of beer, moved by forklift and the bud and budlight was stacked tall racks high, coors light and miller light were all running low and yeungling was almost sold out.
20% down is BS it's when all is said and done, I bet they are down 60-70% in the US market.

I was a marketing major in college so this is something I have tried to stay tuned into, for fun if you will.
I think there are a lot of take aways here. First off marketing and advertising degrees are often if not always in the "Arts" college. Even when I went to school in Dallas there were a lot of progressive and yes gay teachers and students. I think a much higher percentage than in the business school. So these folks with marketing degrees tend to buy into this progressive stuff. I think that is a major pitfall that we are seeing play out. How the hell did maybeline go full dylan AFTER the bud light fiasco? That just seems stupid.

Secondly, I recall when In Bev bought AB. There were a lot of people, myself included, who for a short time refused to buy Bud. We came back to the brand because it didn't really change. The ads were the same, mostly, and there didn't seem to be a brand hijacking.

There are millions of loyal bud light drinkers, I was one of them. But how does the INBev sellout and the Dylan thing compare? I look at it this way. Bud and Bud light were selling American ideals as much as they were selling beer. When the Dylan thing hit essentially Bud broke its promise to stay normal american middle of the road.

That was the promise you couldn't break. You stopped handing me 12 ounces of America and starting giving me 12 ounces of lefty bullshit.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
miller light

Miller Light says "hold my beer Bud Light".

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Tell me that's parody.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's what I was hoping but I don't think so. I think they are stepping into that sh!t!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
They were probably approached by black rock/vanguard and told to do something so stupid as to counterbalance AB.

Posts: 2060 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

I think in the larger scope it is much worse than that. Journalists have become open propagandists for progressivism.

It is almost universal to see highly charged denunciations in mainstream articles. Words such as "conspiracy theory", "debunked", "discredited", "false", "misinformation", "anti-vaxxer", "dangerous", etc. True reporting would state what happened, e.g. quoting a person. If there is disagreement, a quote from the opposing view would be provided.

This used to be fringe tabloid behavior. Now it is everywhere. Print, tv, and the internet.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Miller lite and Bud Light need to listen to Al Bundy and stop listening to the woke imbeciles.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
There's always Coors, or is that still unavailable east of Texas??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
There's always Coors, or is that still unavailable east of Texas??
Smokey and The Bandit was a LONG time ago. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The Smokin' Hot Wife and I were in Costco yesterday, she suggested we buy some beer for an upcoming grad party. I put a variety pack of Stella, Leffe and Hoegaarden in the cart. She said that was on the no-go AB list. I smiled and then we both agreed on a Sam Adams variety pack

Proud husband moment as Stella is one of her favorites

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This, of course, was the market they were trying tto appeal to. However I bet they didn't want to lose they majority of their legacy market in order to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I was in Costco in Iowa City on Friday,
The U of Iowa is graduating 5500 youngsters this last weekend,

I saw a half a dozen orange flat carts with many dozens of cases of AB products being pushed to the registers.

But Jo Co Iowa is pretty darn Biden friendly.

AB is actually seeing a positive effect from 'Bidenomics' on their downward sales plummet. When you were a kid, what was the 1st (or 2nd) priority when buying beer, especially in college?
Price.
Right now Bud Light is uber cheap. Hence the most cash strapped will buy it.

QED

What I want to know is:
When AB makes NEW Bud Light production, What percentage of their previous norms do they make compared to their pre-Dylan-Fairy numbers? Or did they cease altogether until the smoke clears?

Something else to consider: How much of this swill have they had to destroy after it ages out? It's only 3 months after the brew date that it is considered old after all.

Posts: 7410 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
You stopped handing me 12 ounces of America and starting giving me 12 ounces of lefty bullshit.
What a GREAT line, Timdogg!!!! I'm thankful for all this woke bullshit from AB...it helped me discover Guinness Draught. Just got the proper glassware for it in the mail this very day... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure how other States operate but Ohio has a state minimum price they can sell alcohol hopefully they sit on a bunch in Ohio

Posts: 506 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, Miller is begging for a stock crash now.

Oblige them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34421 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Marzy, posted at 2:10pm today

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post