SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Bud's for who???
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Bud's for who??? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Therefore transphobic can mean dislike of a group or individual because of their transgenderism, but without meaning fear of them.
Do you seriously believe for a moment that's what the LGBTQ+ promotionalists mean to convey when they accuse people of transphobia?

Hardly. They mean to portray anybody who expresses disagreement with them as suffering from irrational fear--with an emphasis on "irrational."

They mean to shut people up, stop the push back, label people and shout them down. They don't give one fuck about anything but quieting the resistance and pushing the agenda forward. LBGTAQ, Transgender, Black, Hispanic, illegal, Trump, Boomer, it's all from the same playbook, shout people down and label you in order to shut everyone down from fear of being ostracized and publicly shamed..

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"...AB InBev wants investors to know that it is a global company and that the U.S. isn't even its biggest market."

Anheuser-Busch was a good American company... until it sold out.
But there are a lot of smaller, better, local breweries springing up all over the US.
We should all buy American.

They obviously don't even care about us anymore: "it is a global company and that the U.S. isn't even its biggest market."
I mean, seriously: Did this guy just tell his US customers that they really aren't all that important?
Buy local.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
"...AB InBev wants investors to know that it is a global company and that the U.S. isn't even its biggest market."

Anheuser-Busch was a good American company... until it sold out.
But there are a lot of smaller, better, local breweries springing up all over the US.
We should all buy American.

If I recall, prior to InBev, A-B was poorly run and overextended, resulting in InBev presenting a buyout of remaining stock in a hostile takeover. A-B has been poorly run for several decades now.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was at a local craft brewery earlier. Their rep said the AB reps he talks to are ready to March on AB headquarters and riot.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I doubt that.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is from last Wednesday but check out this video of the Budweiser beer kiosk at Fenway Park.

Link

Packed stadium and not a soul and by the looks of it, a can sold.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
This is from last Wednesday but check out this video of the Budweiser beer kiosk at Fenway Park.

Link

Packed stadium and not a soul and by the looks of it, a can sold.

One of the guys I work with was there last week, and confirmed the hell out of it all game long.
No one was in the Bud line.
Oh well... No one to blame but themselves.

This is going to happen again, mark my words!
Not in this grandiose fashion, not so "over the top", but in a more subtle, subversive manner.

A large group of people, one of them in the group, back corner of the screen, is going to be a "WTF is that?"...
Another advertisement later on (after they see how the dust settles on the ad mentioned above), that "it" is going to be a little more front and center in the screen shot.

This shit ain't going away just yet.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Fer cryin’ out loud…

APOLOGIZE. BEG FORGIVENESS. REJECT DEI WOKEISM.

Won’t it be a hell of a thing for that trans(?) nut job to have killed a once-proud American brand.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Celebrating college graduation this weekend X years ago. Guess what I'm not drinking to toast that occasion?

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Zima?

posted Hide Post
That drink has never graced my lips either (nor has that Bud Light concoction). I drank mostly Olympia in college, but that's history now.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yoo-Hoo? Purple drank?

Give me a hint

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Bud Light is very important to our U.S. business, and I would never minimize the situation. However, seeing the context of our global company provides perspective," Doukeris said.

Keep digging, assholes.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yoo-Hoo? Purple drank?

Give me a hint

Going with my #3 beer from college days; Pabst Blue Ribbon. Eating out tonight at a Southern home cooking style restaurant (as they call it, I call it Soul Food). I wonder if they have orange or purple drank? Might have to indulge in one. Smile

ETA: No purple drank; the orange was Fanta (not Nehi or Orange Crush). I went for the orange instead of sweet tea.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not the least bit surprisingly, it’s now being reported that the walk back by the company is being criticized by “trans” advocates and that some gay bars are also refusing to serve Bud Light. The cited reason for both is that AB is “encouraging the hate” by abandoning the “influencer” and that campaign. It seems there is more than one lesson to be learned from mixing business with contentious social issues.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCoakYLrMKk

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If only they'd just left it alone.

posted Hide Post
Reading on what some of you drank in college, I'm glad I went to college late in life when I had a well paying job!

I was drinking $10 bloody Mary's with my professors multiple times...
(That's $10 PER Bloody Mary Wink)

After drinking with the professors, I'm happy I'm doing most of it "on line" now.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems there is more than one lesson to be learned from mixing business with contentious social issues.

We've seen this many times and yet they love to repeat their mistakes. Will they ever learn this lesson? Or is the upper agenda too strong?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCoakYLrMKk

If I had the chance to speak to those LBGTABCXYZ folks in this video, I'd ask them: "Sheeesh guys - the number one beer company in the WORLD just destroyed their own company in an effort to show support for your sexual deviances - what more do you want?!"

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10860 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
<snip>
Going with my #3 beer from college days; Pabst Blue Ribbon.
<snip>

As a result of this thread I bought some Pabst Blue Ribbon for the first time in decades. It’s quite decent beer. I think the new owners have improved it.

“Since 2014, the Pabst Brewing Company and the Blue Ribbon brand name has been owned by Blue Ribbon Partners…”

https://www.dispatch.com/story...es-2021/7332638001/#

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9474 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post